Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers confirm player departures

+5
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wanderers confirm player departures Empty Wanderers confirm player departures Thu May 11 2017, 10:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Confirmation of the players who will be leaving the club this summer following the expiration of their current deals
Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Reece Wabara, Liam Trotter, Lewis Buxton, Tom Walker and Will Jaaskelainen will officially leave the club when their contracts expire on June 30.

Striker Conor Wilkinson has also been granted permission to talk with other clubs regarding a potential move away from Macron Stadium.

Trotter leaves Macron Stadium having made a total of 73 appearances and scored six goals after initially joining the club on loan from Millwall in January 2014.

Meanwhile, Academy graduate Walker departs having played 20 times and scored one goal after progressing through the club’s youth ranks before spending the 2016/17 season on loan at Bury.

Buxton featured 11 times for Wanderers before injury ended his season prematurely, while Wabara made one appearance for the club after joining on a short-term contract in February 2017.

Manager Phil Parkinson said: “We would like to thank Reece, Liam, Lewis, Tom and Will for their contributions to the club and we wish them well for the future.

“We have given Conor permission to speak with other clubs who have expressed an interest in him.”

The club will be meeting with the other out of contract players and their representatives and will comment in due course.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprised they've left Jaaskelainen go, i hoped he would follow in his Fathers footsteps, won't miss any of the others though.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm sorry they let young Will go, but not surprised. With the emergence of Jake Turner who is the same age - give or take a year - and Amos scheduled to return and join Howard and Alnwick on the books, there just wasn't room for a 5th goalkeeper, or sentiment. The rest, meh.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC wrote:Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Liam Trotter will officially leave the club when his contract expires on June 30.

Joyous news.

What an absolutely shit player.

One of the worst signings ever. Thanks Dougie.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just had a thought.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MAVIES ON THAT LIST????????????????

Please don't tell me another contract is on the table?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So far so good then .....  basically six out.  Nobody will be really missed from these first six departures.
Theoretically surely we can now bring one in? Not sure what the ratio of out and in will be given finances and embargo naturally.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can't say I'm upset to see any of them go. I bet Will ends up at Wigan though. lol!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Just had a thought.

There will be more to come, i read there are more talks planned with the other out of contract players next week so hopefully Moxey will be on his way as well

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
BWFC wrote:Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Liam Trotter will officially leave the club when his contract expires on June 30.

Joyous news.

What an absolutely shit player.

One of the worst signings ever. Thanks Dougie.

He was due in for talks this morning but fell over the welcome to the Macron mat and was rushed to hospital injured again.

On a more serious note if he really is still genuinely injured, isn't there something about clubs having to keep them on until they have been fully recovered - didn't we do something like that for Stuart Holden?

I guess we will find out one way or another when the full retained list is finally published.

10Wanderers confirm player departures Empty Re: Wanderers confirm player departures Thu May 11 2017, 19:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Just had a thought.

I am sure the BN will shortly come up with a story about how keen he is to resume his career and how committed he is to the Wanderers. Followed by a story about how the fans are clamouring to see him back in a white shirt.

11Wanderers confirm player departures Empty Re: Wanderers confirm player departures Thu May 11 2017, 22:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Surprised they've left Jaaskelainen go, i hoped he would follow in his Fathers footsteps, won't miss any of the others though.
Will Jaaskelainen has been passed in the pecking order by Turner who has only just turned 18. Apparently Turner is attracting attention from Prem Clubs but there's some outstanding goalkeeping prospects in the academy. 
I heard a couple of days ago that WJ was going to Wigan to be with his daddy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum