Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maybe we deserve to be in League One next season

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we continue down this path, we will return to League One.  Maybe it is deserved and maybe Parky is one trick pony... without the big man upfront, we stand to lose... even against 10 men.  Disgraceful to lose today, and our future is very uncertain.  I can hear the Chinese pulling their yuan's back into their pocket after today.  So maybe, just maybe, we deserve to stay in League One for another year... one trick ponies won't succeed in the second division.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we don't go up,our better players will be picked off,and we're back in the doldrums. It's a long way back.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:If we don't go up,our better players will be picked off

We don't have any good players other than, perhaps, Beevers. All the others can easily be replaced.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This division isn't exactly rammed with top quality players anyway so there's a greater dependence on teamwork, effort and shape - and whatever we've been doing recently simply hasn't led to the creation of enough clear cut chances. 
As long as that is the case, there is always a chance that we'll concede as happened - predictably - today.
Simply put, if we play like that against Bury, Port Vale and Posh we have every chance of losing them all which will indeed mean that we deserve to stay in League 1 and that could be the death knell of the club. My concern is that the manager comes across as being one-dimensional and won't find the answer to the problem. Tuesday night is going to be very stressful.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We are going up! Say we are going up!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:We are going up! Say we are going up!
A case of premature e-jubilation.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got to assume that Fleetwood will win,so I'm not counting my chickens.

Posh have no pressure,and would take great pleasure in spoiling the party.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just had a look back at the posts made at this time last year as a reminder of where we were at - just relegated, loads of players released, facing administration - not a good place to be.

Somehow we avoided administration and managed to salvage a competitive team from the ruins and now we have promotion back to the Championship.

It's going to be a difficult road ahead because there are teams in the Championship with parachute payments and loads of money to spend - whereas we have none. But at least we are in the second tier again and if we can survive for a year or so we should be able to consolidate our finances and push on from there. 

I know some people will complain if we don't make any big signings and struggle at this level but looking back to where we were a year ago everyone should be deliriously happy about our situation.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I know some people will complain if we don't make any big signings and struggle at this level but looking back to where we were a year ago everyone should be deliriously happy about our situation.

An armchair fan, yes.

Someone who goes to the games, and has paid hard cash, will quickly tire of the hoofball bollocks when we're bottom of the league.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I know some people will complain if we don't make any big signings and struggle at this level but looking back to where we were a year ago everyone should be deliriously happy about our situation.

An armchair fan, yes.

Someone who goes to the games, and has paid hard cash, will quickly tire of the hoofball bollocks when we're bottom of the league.
I meant deliriously happy about our very existence and the fact we've risen a division as opposed to you being deliriously happy about having something to whinge about.

I suspect you won't be disappointed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum