Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Are Football Fans Stupid?

Are Football Fans Stupid?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Are Football Fans Stupid? on Sun May 14 2017, 14:03

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've just watched one of the most embarrassing games I've ever seen.

Hull needed to win at Crystal Palace to have any chance of staying in the Premier League, but were thumped 4-0 without having a shot on target.

They seemed to be treating it like a friendly, there was absolutely no energy, no never-say-die attitude. Just resignation that they were going down from the first minute. Terrible.

I remember when we got relegated from the PL all those years ago at Chelsea. We lost 2-0 but we were really unlucky, hitting the woodwork twice and basically taking the game to the big boys of Chelsea.

Anyway, for some reason the Hull fans gave their team a standing ovation! Rather than throw fruit and coins at the useless twats, they chose to applaud their embarrassing players.

Why do fans do this? If Bolton are shit I tell them so at the final whistle. I would never clap a Bolton team that got drubbed 4-0 and made absolutely no effort to win the game. If I was a Hull fan the stewards would have been holding me back to stop me getting my hands round some player throats.

No doubt some bellend (wanderlust probably) will come back with the "loyalty" excuse, but my loyalty ends at paying to watch the team. If they perform like spineless tossers I'm not going to applaud them.

Do you clap the team off the pitch at the end, even if they've performed like tugboats?

2 Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? on Sun May 14 2017, 14:54

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:I've just watched one of the most embarrassing games I've ever seen.

Hull needed to win at Crystal Palace to have any chance of staying in the Premier League, but were thumped 4-0 without having a shot on target.

They seemed to be treating it like a friendly, there was absolutely no energy, no never-say-die attitude. Just resignation that they were going down from the first minute. Terrible.

I remember when we got relegated from the PL all those years ago at Chelsea. We lost 2-0 but we were really unlucky, hitting the woodwork twice and basically taking the game to the big boys of Chelsea.

Anyway, for some reason the Hull fans gave their team a standing ovation! Rather than throw fruit and coins at the useless twats, they chose to applaud their embarrassing players.

Why do fans do this? If Bolton are shit I tell them so at the final whistle. I would never clap a Bolton team that got drubbed 4-0 and made absolutely no effort to win the game. If I was a Hull fan the stewards would have been holding me back to stop me getting my hands round some player throats.

No doubt some bellend (wanderlust probably) will come back with the "loyalty" excuse, but my loyalty ends at paying to watch the team. If they perform like spineless tossers I'm not going to applaud them.

Do you clap the team off the pitch at the end, even if they've performed like tugboats
I'd be inclined to say they were being loyal to their club. Pointless exercise really as you clearly have no idea what the concept "loyalty" means. I presume you aren't married?

3 Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? on Sun May 14 2017, 15:00

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:I'd be inclined to say they were being loyal to their club. Pointless exercise really as you clearly have no idea what the concept "loyalty" means. I presume you aren't married?

Of course I'm not married! But what has that got to do with anything, just because you are married doesn't mean you will stay loyal. Half the people on here seem to be on marriage number two or three.

Predictable response though coming from you, lecturing me on loyalty when you haven't been to a game all season.

4 Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? on Sun May 14 2017, 16:01

NickFazer

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
You can't be "unlucky" and lose by four goals so it sounds like they got a mullering, although I probably wouldn't be shouting abuse at them or booing like a six year old I wouldn't be clapping them either. Hull fans were expecting to be relegated by February in any case but having given themselves a great chance of staying up, losing at home to Sunderland has knocked the stuffing out of them especially as Swansea beat them without breaking sweat yesterday.

5 Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? on Sun May 14 2017, 16:32

okocha

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I remember when we got relegated from the PL all those years ago at Chelsea. We lost 2-0 but we were really unlucky, hitting the woodwork twice and basically taking the game to the big boys of Chelsea.


I didn't realise that Chorley had ever played Chelsea, Nat......Are you sure you've now abandoned BW in order to pledge your loyalty to the minnows, as you claim?

By the way, I see that a young lad from a school in Chorley is making his Lancashire debut today in the Cricket One-Day Cup. Hurrah for the Chorley talent production line.....

6 Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? on Sun May 14 2017, 16:40

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Best thing to come out of Chorley,is the Chorley Cake.

I like mine smothered in butter.

7 Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? on Sun May 14 2017, 17:27

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I certainly would not applaud a spineless effort, especially not one in such a vital game.

In fact I find myself in complete agreement with Nat here, we pay to watch this stuff and if the players take the mickey by not even trying then we owe them nothing in return. They owe us, after all it's our money that gives them the lifestyle most of us couldn't begin to dream of.

I'm sure someone's going to pop up with how small a percentage of revenue gate receipts are in the Premier League but the truth is the rest of the revenue is utterly dependent on fans being there to begin with. No one sponsors a club or buys TV rights as a public service, they do it because there are people like you and me who pay to watch football either on the terraces or on TV via a Sky subscription etc. The revenue in is not a charitable donation, it's an investment made in expectation of profit resulting from it.

While I would never boo my own team during a match, I fully understand and sympathise when fans boo a dire performance after the game. If I'd been a Hull fan I certainly wouldn't have been standing and clapping the dross that was provided today. In fact I'd have been so angry I think I'd have most likely voted with my feet and left the ground either just before or bang on the final whistle.

8 Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? on Mon May 15 2017, 10:45

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
TBH I think that the Hull fans were applauding because they knew they had perhaps just seen the last of their manager and some of their players, so the applause didn't relate to the poor performance they had just witnessed, but was more of a goodbye.

9 Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? on Mon May 15 2017, 12:54

finlaymcdanger


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
boltonbonce wrote:Best thing to come out of Chorley,is the Chorley Cake.

I like mine smothered in butter.

In that case, I hope 'Chorley Cake' isn't your pet name for Nat.

10 Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? on Mon May 15 2017, 13:08

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
finlaymcdanger wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Best thing to come out of Chorley,is the Chorley Cake.

I like mine smothered in butter.

In that case, I hope 'Chorley Cake' isn't your pet name for Nat.
Nat could never be described as a cake.

A tart,perhaps.

11 Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? on Mon May 15 2017, 15:55

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:A tart,perhaps.

You massive big bellend.

12 Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? on Mon May 15 2017, 16:05

y2johnny

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:A tart,perhaps.

I love Your massive big bellend.
Smile

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

13 Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? on Mon May 15 2017, 17:20

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You massive big gobshite.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum