Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ben Amos will return to Bolton Wanderers for pre-season training, says Phil Parkinson

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS expect to welcome Ben Amos back to pre-season training before making a decision on his long-term future.
Phil Parkinson has confirmed the former Manchester United keeper, whose contract runs until 2019, will return in June for fitness testing along with the rest of his squad after spending most of last season on loan at Cardiff City.
The Whites already have Mark Howard, Ben Alnwick and Jake Turner contracted for next season but Parkinson insists the club is not in a rush to make a decision on whether to move the 27-year-old out again.

“We will discuss things, along with Ben, but as it stands right now I think he will be back later in the summer with the rest of the players and we’ll go from there,” Parkinson told The Bolton News.
Amos featured just once for the Whites last season before being moved on to Cardiff, where he was first choice under Neil Warnock until mid-December. He fell out of favour at the Bluebirds following a 4-3 home defeat against Barnsley and was eventually relegated to third-choice after Warnock signed experienced ex-Rangers keeper Alan McGregor.
Wanderers have already stated their intention to stick to a solid wage structure this summer, yet Amos’s high earnings make it unlikely he would be kept around as a reserve keeper.
Meanwhile, Parkinson will resume talks with some of his out-of-contract players this week with a view to announcing a final retained list.
He is also due to speak with some potential signings – but with a transfer embargo yet to be lifted at Wanderers the manager will have to wait for some of the financial issues to clear this month before getting the go-ahead to close any deals.
“I have already spoken to a couple of players and I’ll be doing a few more this week but we know there is going to a process the club has to go through this summer to get deals done,” he added.
“We’ll continue to meet with the lads who are out of contract and also those who want to stay with us, so by the end of next week we should have a clearer picture of what we need

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15284836.Amos_will_report_back_to_Wanderers_in_summer__says_Parkinson/?ref=mrb&lp=13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd play Chris Amos in goal before this clown.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum