Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More departures

+8
xmiles
Keegan
terenceanne
rammywhite
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1More departures Empty More departures Fri May 19 2017, 15:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lawrie Wilson, Dean Moxey and Mark Davies will not be offered new deals when their current deals expire
Bolton Wanderers Football Club has today confirmed that Lawrie Wilson, Dean Moxey and Mark Davies will not be offered new deals following the expiration of their contracts at the end of June.

Wilson came to Macron Stadium in the summer of 2015 and made a total of 39 appearances, scoring two goals.

Moxey, who arrived from Crystal Palace in 2014, featured in 82 games for Wanderers and found the back of the net on two occasions.

Long serving midfielder, Davies, made 208 appearances for the club, scoring 16 goals, after arriving from Wolverhampton Wanderers in 2009. He will continue to receive treatment on the injury that curtailed his 2016/17 campaign at the club.

Manager Phil Parkinson said: “I would like to place on record the club’s gratitude to Lawrie, Dean and Mark for their service to Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

“Everybody at the club wishes them well for the future.”

Meanwhile, Adam Le Fondre, Andrew Taylor, Chris Long, James Henry, Tom Thorpe and Viv Solomon-Otabor will return to their parent clubs and the club would like to thank them for their contributions last season.

The club is currently holding discussions with the agents of a number of its other out of contract players.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2More departures Empty Re: More departures Fri May 19 2017, 15:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Bolton Wanderers Football Club has today confirmed that Mark Davies will not be offered a new deal following the expiration of his contract at the end of June.

Thank fuck!

Great news!

Well done Parky, you're back in my good books.

3More departures Empty Re: More departures Fri May 19 2017, 16:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Moxey and Mavies makes sense but i would have kept Wilson as a back up at least.

4More departures Empty Re: More departures Fri May 19 2017, 16:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see people queuing up for Wilson, although to be fair to the guy he did put a shift in and had some useful performances. Give it a couple of months though and he'll probably accept £300 a week and a 4 pack of Twirls (full size) to be back up.

5More departures Empty Re: More departures Fri May 19 2017, 16:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I can't see people queuing up for Wilson, although to be fair to the guy he did put a shift in and had some useful performances. Give it a couple of months though and he'll probably accept £300 a week and a 4 pack of Twirls (full size) to be back up.

I was going to say stop being stupid - but then I noticed you said full size Twirls Smile

6More departures Empty Re: More departures Fri May 19 2017, 17:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The three leaving are 29 years + so it makes sense if Parky is going to build his own team and has clear targets in mind - but it all depends on whether he gets them or not. Looks like Parky is having a proper clearout.

7More departures Empty Re: More departures Fri May 19 2017, 17:32

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Moxey and Mavies makes sense but i would have kept Wilson as a back up at least.

Agreed Mr Pig- I thought that e was worth a new contract

8More departures Empty Re: More departures Fri May 19 2017, 17:51

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And it wasn't that long ago rumors were flying that teams were interest in Mavies....now he goes for nowt.  We are a couple of seasons too late with this one.
So far the 9 or 10 that are moving out I'm not arsed about....so far so good then.

9More departures Empty Re: More departures Fri May 19 2017, 23:03

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It's been a while since we have seen any movement involving Sparky. sunny

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10More departures Empty Re: More departures Sat May 20 2017, 00:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Bolton Wanderers Football Club has today confirmed that Mark Davies will not be offered a new deal following the expiration of his contract at the end of June.

Thank fuck!

Great news!

Well done Parky, you're back in my good books.

He absolutely had to go but he did score some nice goals when he was fit.

11More departures Empty Re: More departures Sat May 20 2017, 12:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I personally thought Wilson should have been kept, the times I saw him, he played well. (Mind you about 5 times out of 38 isn't a lot to judge him on I suppose  Very Happy )

12More departures Empty Re: More departures Sun May 21 2017, 00:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Ken told Parky that he can't spend any more than he did last season on wages - or less - and there is no budget for signings so we're talking free transfers only, I guess the first thing Parky would do is clear the decks to create a salary budget.

The dilemma for the core players like Wheats and Spearing is that they know the more they demand in wages, the less budget there will be to recruit their future team mates which would enhance the chances of going straight back down, so it's payday v career.

From this financial position and with an austerity budget from Ken it's going to be difficult to create a team that will survive in the Championship so I'm hoping Parky excels himself.

13More departures Empty Re: More departures Wed May 24 2017, 10:58

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

We can probably get rid of half the medical department and put his bed on eBay now that leech Mavies has gone.

14More departures Empty Re: More departures Wed May 24 2017, 11:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

RustyNail wrote:We can probably get rid of half the medical department and put his bed on eBay now that leech Mavies has gone.

Hold your horses Rusty, he's not gone yet!

We still have to treat him until he is better - even though we no longer have to pay him.

I guess we still have to pay for all his medical staff though!

15More departures Empty Re: More departures Wed May 24 2017, 11:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

at least we don't have to pay him anymore, he was on something like 20K a week wasn't he?

16More departures Empty Re: More departures Wed May 24 2017, 11:20

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:at least we don't have to pay him anymore, he was on something like 20K a week wasn't he?

!8K -plus appearance bonuses. But the latter didn't cost us much!!

17More departures Empty Re: More departures Wed May 24 2017, 11:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think I read somewhere it was £18,000 per week.

There is something fundamentally wrong about football when random young men who can kick a ball about well are valued (in money terms) many, many, many times more than those doctors and nurses, police and rescue crews who attended and saved the lives of those of Manchester bomb victims.

The world really is a screwed up place.

18More departures Empty Re: More departures Wed May 24 2017, 16:00

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:I think I read somewhere it was £18,000 per week.

There is something fundamentally wrong about football when random young men who can kick a ball about well are valued (in money terms) many, many, many times more than those doctors and nurses, police and rescue crews who attended and saved the lives of those of Manchester bomb victims.

It sure is!!!!!!!

19More departures Empty Re: More departures Thu May 25 2017, 16:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:There is something fundamentally wrong about football when random young men who can kick a ball about well are valued (in money terms) many, many, many times more than those doctors and nurses, police and rescue crews who attended and saved the lives of those of Manchester bomb victims.

Does that apply to musicians and others who entertain millions of people over the course of their careers?

20More departures Empty Re: More departures Thu May 25 2017, 16:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:There is something fundamentally wrong about football when random young men who can kick a ball about well are valued (in money terms) many, many, many times more than those doctors and nurses, police and rescue crews who attended and saved the lives of those of Manchester bomb victims.

Does that apply to musicians and others who entertain millions of people over the course of their careers?

Yes.

The world's not fair I get that but what really is the point of earning more money than you could ever spend in your life?

Rooney is on £300,000 a week and still has two years left on his contract.

That's another £30 million on top of however many millions he has now.

He will be just 33 years old when his contract ends - no doubt someone else will give him another mega contract before he hangs up his boots as well.

I'm not a big music fan, never have been and I know that puts me in a minority but would I rather see someone who risks their lives (firemen, army, police,) or save our own (doctors nurses, even vets) be paid more handsomely than some folk who gets us to tap our feet, or hum a tune they've created - then yes I would.

Maybe if Sky poured their millions into Hospitals and the Sony's poured theirs into education then we might be a bit worse off for wanting someone to kick a ball about or sing us a song but the world would be a great deal better place to be in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum