You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Some big news breaking today (Wednesday)?

Some big news breaking today (Wednesday)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Some big news breaking today (Wednesday)? on Wed May 31 2017, 00:16

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
There seems to be a bit of teasing going on, on twitter, first by Lee Anderson (who posted up four emoticom thingys - or whatever they are called - no words or text) and then Callum Read who is the clubs journalist, who tweeted this -

As the saying goes, #BWFC fans, the early bird catches the morning worm. Check [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and @OfficialBWFC at 6am tomorrow.

The speculation from people covers everything from ALF signing to another friendly being announced.

Well I for one won't be rising from my beauty sleep at 6.00am to find out what it is but maybe those early risers amongst us might want to have a peep to see what the fuss is about.

I don't know if it is anyway relevant but someone on ww who has been in the know in the past was saying Madine has signed a one year deal - this was before the above tweets started.

I also today is the last date to get the last accounts in on time - but somehow I doubt it will be that!

DEANO82


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Madine has signed a two year contract.

Makes more sense than a 1 year contract, so when he bangs in 30 goals next season we can sell him for £15 million.

NickFazer

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
What a shocker. Never saw that coming

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A statement of how our ambitions for next season are financially constrained.

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Did a job last season but we need better players than Madine if we're gonna stay in the Championship.

He's proved time and time again that League One is his limit.

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:Did a job last season but we need better players than Madine if we're gonna stay in the Championship.

He's proved time and time again that League One is his limit.
Of course we have to keep some if not most of the players who got us promoted because we can't buy a whole team, but I thought that if we can keep the defence together and improve on the attack we'd be in with a chance. Where the goals are going to come from is the big mystery, because they won't come from Madine - he's got 14 in two seasons with us and that's way off the necessary strike rate. Wondering who else Parky will sign.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:Did a job last season but we need better players than Madine if we're gonna stay in the Championship.

He's proved time and time again that League One is his limit.

Difficult to type but.....I....agree.....with....the....tugboat.

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Madine is the epitome of what got us relegated.
 
He was sort of like the Ngog of that season. No composure in front of goal, so rarely there with that bit of match changing quality, so very underwhelming. 

Even in League One he was kind of poor, it's just that he was big and tough enough to bully certain defenders. But the Championship is full of defenders that are too strong and clever for him. 
 
I'm not saying it's madness keeping him on - god knows we can't afford a Jordan Rhodes, David Nugent, Rob Earnshaw type - I just think he'll be a target for crowd abuse all over again once the euphoria of being back in the division has worn off.

NickFazer

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I know I'm in a minority probably but I think he deserves another go next season, he suits Parky's style of play and imo has improved in some areas, especially holding the ball up and distribution. If we can recruit a suitable partner for him and he sharpens up in front of goal he could do well.

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
For what it is worth Lee Anderson posted again the four emoticom thingy's this evening - so linking it with the Bolton News saying at least a couple more signings this week - I'm guessing another player will be announced tomorrow.

If so Morais has tweeted a video of himself in training - might be him perhaps?

Either way it looks as though some sort of plan is being put into place.



Sluffy

avatar
Admin
NickFazer wrote:I know I'm in a minority probably but I think he deserves another go next season, he suits Parky's style of play and imo has improved in some areas, especially holding the ball up and distribution. If we can recruit a suitable partner for him and he sharpens up in front of goal he could do well.

Serious question to people - now that Madine is signed, do you think the partnership with ALF worked, or do you think we need a different sort of player to play alongside of him - or even simply play just Madine up front on his own?

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:Either way it looks as though some sort of plan is being put into place.


The plan seems to be to sign League 1 players and hope for the best.

Right now Leroy Lita is looking very desirable.

Glad I'm a Chorley fan.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:Serious question to people - now that Madine is signed, do you think the partnership with ALF worked, or do you think we need a different sort of player to play alongside of him - or even simply play just Madine up front on his own?


With Madine and Le Fondre in attack we'll be down by Christmas. Obviously funds are tight but if we ever come out of this embargo any spare cash should be splashed on a proven Championship striker.

xmiles

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Serious question to people - now that Madine is signed, do you think the partnership with ALF worked, or do you think we need a different sort of player to play alongside of him - or even simply play just Madine up front on his own?


With Madine and Le Fondre in attack we'll be down by Christmas. Obviously funds are tight but if we ever come out of this embargo any spare cash should be splashed on a proven Championship striker.


:agree:

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Sluffy wrote:There seems to be a bit of teasing going on, on twitter, first by Lee Anderson (who posted up four emoticom thingys - or whatever they are called - no words or text) and then Callum Read who is the clubs journalist, who tweeted this -

As the saying goes, #BWFC fans, the early bird catches the morning worm. Check [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and @OfficialBWFC at 6am tomorrow.

The speculation from people covers everything from ALF signing to another friendly being announced.

Well I for one won't be rising from my beauty sleep at 6.00am to find out what it is but maybe those early risers amongst us might want to have a peep to see what the fuss is about.

I don't know if it is anyway relevant but someone on ww who has been in the know in the past was saying Madine has signed a one year deal - this was before the above tweets started.

I also today is the last date to get the last accounts in on time - but somehow I doubt it will be that!


Why do announcements have to be done at 6:00am I wonder ....... even the tea lady is still in bed at that time.

bryan458

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Did I miss it ??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum