Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Brown - Wot 'e said!

+6
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
Jack Russell
whatsgoingon
Norpig
Keegan
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Mon Sep 05 2016, 14:25

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Having just gotten around to listening to his diatribe, I am amazed at the bitterness he showed to his former club - considering he dearly wanted the job. He spent so much of this interview making utterances such as "...knock them off their pedestal", "knock them off the top of the table", "...not to particularly entertain this mob here...", "...put a little dent in the hopes of the league leaders..."

What happened? He seems to have a bone to pick with Phil Parkinson in particular and was really envious of his nice warm office. It is obviously all well and good to want to win games as that is the point to the whole exercise, but he didn't seem to want to win for the sake of Southend but for the detriment of Bolton! I think we brought in the right Phil. What say you?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Mon Sep 05 2016, 14:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haven't listened to it but from the bits i've read he came across as being very bitter. He's under pressure as they finished last season poorly and haven't started this one well either. 

He should be ecstatic he got a point to be honest, they didn't deserve it that's for sure

3Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Mon Sep 05 2016, 14:34

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keegan wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Having just gotten around to listening to his diatribe, I am amazed at the bitterness he showed to his former club - considering he dearly wanted the job. He spent so much of this interview making utterances such as "...knock them off their pedestal", "knock them off the top of the table", "...not to particularly entertain this mob here...", "...put a little dent in the hopes of the league leaders..."

What happened? He seems to have a bone to pick with Phil Parkinson in particular and was really envious of his nice warm office. It is obviously all well and good to want to win games as that is the point to the whole exercise, but he didn't seem to want to win for the sake of Southend but for the detriment of Bolton! I think we brought in the right Phil. What say you?
That was the bit that jumped out at me too, the interviewer had to get him back on track, it was a pathetic and childish rant from a bitter little man who is sinking fast.
And if he does get sacked by Southend he can hardly complain about loyalty saying as he has linked himself to us, Sunderland and Sam's England set up in the last 6 months.

4Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Tue Sep 06 2016, 12:06

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

::seething::  The referees are always picking on me, Parky gets away with everything (soft c*nt)

5Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Fri Jun 02 2017, 12:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This made me laugh on the BBC website this morning.

Phil Brown - keeping his cash in Bolton. What a guy!

I bet doffcocker took the photo.

6Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Fri Jun 02 2017, 13:49

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Those jeans! He must have bought them at Talibs in 1984.

7Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Fri Jun 02 2017, 14:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Those jeans! He must have bought them at Talibs in 1984.

Listen to Gok Wan!

8Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Fri Jun 02 2017, 15:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

that brings back memories, going to Talibs to look for jeans and new school pants  Very Happy

9Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Fri Jun 02 2017, 15:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I got my gear from C&A.

10Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Fri Jun 02 2017, 19:46

You should of all gone to stolen from ivor.  Two pairs for 20 quid Smile  mix and match and get a pair of jeans and a bright orange bubble coat.  (Sold loads of that combo when i worked there Smile )

11Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Fri Jun 02 2017, 19:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:You should of all gone to stolen from ivor.  Two pairs for 20 quid Smile  mix and match and get a pair of jeans and a bright orange bubble coat.  (Sold loads of that combo when i worked there Smile )
Did they do red flares?

12Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Fri Jun 02 2017, 20:01

boltonbonce wrote:
y2johnny wrote:You should of all gone to stolen from ivor.  Two pairs for 20 quid Smile  mix and match and get a pair of jeans and a bright orange bubble coat.  (Sold loads of that combo when i worked there Smile )
Did they do red flares?
Probably once upon a time but it was late 90s when i worked there.

13Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Fri Jun 02 2017, 21:42

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember stolen from Ivor. Don't think I actually bought anything from there though

14Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Fri Jun 02 2017, 22:51

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I remember stolen from Ivor. Don't think I actually bought anything from there though
Cheap and cheerful. 2 pairs out combats. 20 quid. Bargain

15Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Sun Jun 04 2017, 11:09

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Didn't they have a closing down sale for about 15 years lol ! rabbit

16Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Sun Jun 04 2017, 11:17

bryan458 wrote:
Didn't they have a closing down sale for about 15 years lol ! rabbit
Yeah. I think there is just the flag ship Store in Stockport now. Plus online.  I loved that job.  Smile

17Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Empty Re: Phil Brown - Wot 'e said! Sun Jun 04 2017, 17:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You're ALL wrong. Phil bought those jeans from Normid like any good Bolton player would. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum