Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dorian Dervite wants to show fans why he was given a new contract at the Macron

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dorian Dervite is determined to prove both he and Wanderers belong back in the Championship.

Fresh from signing a new one-year deal at the Macron, the defender has high hopes Phil Parkinson’s side can pick up where they left off last season.

Dervite admits relegation in 2015/16 will be tough stain to shift from his Bolton CV but the Frenchman is optimistic the team is well-equipped to avoid the same disappointment again.

“The dynamic in this team is better than it was before,” he told The Bolton News. “My first two seasons at Bolton were difficult, especially the second one, and it is hard to forget.

“The team did not play well, I did not play well. I cannot hide from that.

“But this time I think we will do better because there is more confidence around everybody.”

Dervite believes stability is the main aim this season and wants above all else to retain Championship status. But the 28-year-old admits he may realign his targets at the end of the year if Wanderers can maintain their promotion momentum.

“I think first of all our aim must be to make sure we stay in the Championship,” he said. “If we make a good start, I will maybe say something different at Christmas time and look somewhere else in the table.”

Midway through the last campaign it appeared Dervite’s Bolton career was over. He had struggled to overcome a knee injury and had not played a game in almost a year – prompting a number of clubs from the continent to offer him to chance to leave the Macron.

He turned down a handful of loans, however and from February onwards he slotted into League One’s best defence to make 14 appearances in the run-in and eventually earn a new deal.

“It was a relief,” he said. “I hadn’t played in so long because of injury and because the team was doing so well but I think towards the end I did well and showed I was worth something.

“The manager kept telling me to work hard in training and to show my desire for the club and it worked. I got into the team and played a part.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum