Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposed changes to the rules of football

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Article

Not sure about 30 minute halves or stopping play if a penalty is parried but it seems as if these ideas are getting some traction.

Will they create new problems in solving old ones?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Every team will have to have at least one sub who is clinically obese.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

fair enough stopping the watch when the ball goes out or at other times but leave it at 45 minutes per half.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have a few myself ..
If they go with the stadium clock idea then the ref doesn't call half time of full time......the clock stops and starts per whatever rules...as in American Football, basketball, Hockey etc....then there would be no bull about to much time or not enough time added.
How about:
No back passes from the opposition half.
Make offside much clearer, say clear daylight has to be seen before offside...not just his elbow offside....this alone will lead to more goals.
Player who commits foul should go off along with the injured player....can somebody tell me the logic of the team committing the foul playing on with 11 men while the injured players team goes with 10 for 5 minutes or whatever. That one has never made sense to me. 
And of course if they really are interested in making football fairer...then salary caps.....which will not see the light of day in my life time of course.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:I have a few myself ..
If they go with the stadium clock idea then the ref doesn't call half time of full time......the clock stops and starts per whatever rules...as in American Football, basketball, Hockey etc....then there would be no bull about to much time or not enough time added.
How about:
No back passes from the opposition half.
Make offside much clearer, say clear daylight has to be seen before offside...not just his elbow offside....this alone will lead to more goals.
Player who commits foul should go off along with the injured player....can somebody tell me the logic of the team committing the foul playing on with 11 men while the injured players team goes with 10 for 5 minutes or whatever. That one has never made sense to me. 
And of course if they really are interested in making football fairer...then salary caps.....which will not see the light of day in my life time of course.
I especially like the salary caps thing and would extend that to include signing kids when they are 8 or whatever to prevent a handful of teams having the pick of the crop every year. Something like a draft system. Again it will never happen.

Both would have to be worldwide or else there would be the same argument as why top managers and traders are paid fortunes i.e. If we don't they'll just go and work abroad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum