Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 50]

121Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 09 2017, 10:18

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

B
gloswhite wrote:
JAH wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
JAH wrote:
gloswhite wrote:XM, whereas I can see your desire to have us chained to a lumbering, unelected, and some say doomed, entity, have you not considered that they are not the be all and end all of world trade and politics? Just because we are neighbours, doesn't mean we have to follow slavishly, the same ideals and political views as the EU. its fairly well known, that we had very little voice in any major decisions for the past few years anyway. They have our money, and our commitments, but tend not to entertain our views or ideals. 
Tell me, in a couple of sentences, leaving out the supposed financial benefits/drawbacks, how it is better for us in the EU ?

EASY TRAVEL
LIVING ABROAD
EQUAL PAY & NON-DISCRIMINATION
PAID LEAVE
FOREIGN STUDY
CHEAP FLIGHTS
CHEAP TELEPHONE CALLS
CONSUMER PROTECTION
FOOD LABELLING
CLEAN RIVERS AND CLEAN AIR
Did nobody ever tell you its rude to shout ? 
What makes you think all the above will finish? (your list looks a bit like me,me,me) There are enough people in this country to ensure these things still go through. We won't become a third world country overnight, and if you had a bit of common sense, you would realise that.

Hey old timer! Steady there on the throwing around of insults! It was a copy and paste on the fly, but they are all facts of the things that that the EU have given us, not what we are losing. I think maybe your Brexiteer rage still hasn't subsided as it didn't take long to pop your top on this one! Anyway, you Brexiteers don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant! 

(Bit of internet schooling for you Glos) If I was shouting I would've put exclamation marks at the end of each line. I didn't and I wasn't.

So Glos, you represent the prime Brexiteer demographic. You were born after the war, so had no experience of the struggles during it and then joys after it when Europe came together in the celebration of peace. Your generation has taken all the pensions, all the houses and among other things you have now taken away our generation's right to live and work in any country in the European Union. You and your Brexiteer demographic are all takers and have always taken and don't want to give anything back. A generation of bitter people, not all mind, but the largest majority demographically speaking. The interesting thing is your parents generation and those only 15 years older than you generally voted to remain in Europe because they can remember why the EU was first put together and they know the pain of a divided Europe from first hand experiences.  

Well according to the ONS figures you and your Brexiteer ilk will be dead in 20 years or less and our generation, if we haven't gone back into Europe by then anyway, will be able to re-run the referendum without your poison retoric involved. The Daily Mail are already panicking as they can't reach the internet generation or influence them through the pedaling of the usual right wing lies. Do you think anyone will ever trust a slogan on the side of a bus again?????? 

In the meantime ponder this......

The result of the Referendum was the following:

Leave   17,410,742           51.89%
Remain 16,141,241           48.11%

According to current estimates there are 1.4million British ex-pats in Europe who, criminally, were not allowed to vote in the Referendum. A Referendum where the outcome directly affects their everyday life. They have seen '000s wiped off the value of their pensions by the collapse of our currency off the back of the vote and put their healthcare now at risk of being withdrawn. 

Had they been allowed to vote, the result of this stitch-up job by the right wing press and the Tory party would not have been passed and we would still be a part of the largest free-trading block in the world.
JAH,

Just got back from holiday, to see this drivel. Who the fuck do you think you are to speak to me like this ? Because I voted for Brexit, you think I deserve all this inane spouting. Grow up, and stop blaming others for your inadequacies, and don't patronise me, you dick.
I may be an 'old timer', as you rather childishly put it, but at least I've made a contribution, which, by the sounds of it, you have yet to do. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and blaming people who have paid their way, with a full working life, planning ahead, and having to get on with it through both good and bad times.
Like I said Glos, 20 years tops and you'll be dead. What BWFC loses in a supporter, the country gains with another bitter twisted 'Baby Boomer' in the ground!

I can wait Gloss. I have lots and lots of years on my side. When your generation have all gone, our generation can rebuild this once great country and repair our reputation across the world by reversing this horrible bigoted mistake!

122Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 09 2017, 10:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh dear. Rather poor taste. Evil or Very Mad

123Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 09 2017, 10:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:B
gloswhite wrote:
JAH wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
JAH wrote:
gloswhite wrote:XM, whereas I can see your desire to have us chained to a lumbering, unelected, and some say doomed, entity, have you not considered that they are not the be all and end all of world trade and politics? Just because we are neighbours, doesn't mean we have to follow slavishly, the same ideals and political views as the EU. its fairly well known, that we had very little voice in any major decisions for the past few years anyway. They have our money, and our commitments, but tend not to entertain our views or ideals. 
Tell me, in a couple of sentences, leaving out the supposed financial benefits/drawbacks, how it is better for us in the EU ?

EASY TRAVEL
LIVING ABROAD
PAID LEAVE
FOREIGN STUDY
CHEAP FLIGHTS
CHEAP TELEPHONE CALLS
CONSUMER PROTECTION
FOOD LABELLING
What makes you think all the above will finish? (your list looks a bit like me,me,me) There are enough people in this country to ensure these things still go through. We won't become a third world country overnight, and if you had a bit of common sense, you would realise that.

Hey old timer! Steady there on the throwing around of insults! It was a copy and paste on the fly, but they are all facts of the things that that the EU have given us, not what we are losing. I think maybe your Brexiteer rage still hasn't subsided as it didn't take long to pop your top on this one! Anyway, you Brexiteers don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant! 

(Bit of internet schooling for you Glos) If I was shouting I would've put exclamation marks at the end of each line. I didn't and I wasn't.

So Glos, you represent the prime Brexiteer demographic. You were born after the war, so had no experience of the struggles during it and then joys after it when Europe came together in the celebration of peace. Your generation has taken all the pensions, all the houses and among other things you have now taken away our generation's right to live and work in any country in the European Union. You and your Brexiteer demographic are all takers and have always taken and don't want to give anything back. A generation of bitter people, not all mind, but the largest majority demographically speaking. The interesting thing is your parents generation and those only 15 years older than you generally voted to remain in Europe because they can remember why the EU was first put together and they know the pain of a divided Europe from first hand experiences.  

Well according to the ONS figures you and your Brexiteer ilk will be dead in 20 years or less and our generation, if we haven't gone back into Europe by then anyway, will be able to re-run the referendum without your poison retoric involved. The Daily Mail are already panicking as they can't reach the internet generation or influence them through the pedaling of the usual right wing lies. Do you think anyone will ever trust a slogan on the side of a bus again?????? 

According to current estimates there are 1.4million British ex-pats in Europe who, criminally, were not allowed to vote in the Referendum. A Referendum where the outcome directly affects their everyday life. They have seen '000s wiped off the value of their pensions by the collapse of our currency off the back of the vote and put their healthcare now at risk of being withdrawn. 

Had they been allowed to vote, the result of this stitch-up job by the right wing press and the Tory party would not have been passed and we would still be a part of the largest free-trading block in the world.
JAH,

Just got back from holiday, to see this drivel. Who the fuck do you think you are to speak to me like this ? Because I voted for Brexit, you think I deserve all this inane spouting. Grow up, and stop blaming others for your inadequacies, and don't patronise me, you dick.
I may be an 'old timer', as you rather childishly put it, but at least I've made a contribution, which, by the sounds of it, you have yet to do. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and blaming people who have paid their way, with a full working life, planning ahead, and having to get on with it through both good and bad times.
Like I said Glos, 20 years tops and you'll be dead. What BWFC loses in a supporter, the country gains with another bitter twisted 'Baby Boomer' in the ground!

I can wait Gloss. I have lots and lots of years on my side. When your generation have all gone, our generation can rebuild this once great country and repair our reputation across the world by reversing this horrible bigoted mistake!
I can't believe what I have just read. Shocked Shocked

You should feel ashamed of yourself JAH for posting that!

124Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 09 2017, 10:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Oh dear. Rather poor taste. Evil or Very Mad
...and pitched at the wrong audience.
The irony is that us baby boomers gave the world the internet, massive modern technology advances, space travel and improvements in healthcare, transport, food production, human rights, standard of living globally and nearly every aspect of life with the possible exception of education.
OK we fell short in the jet pack department but otherwise the biggest advances across the board in mankind's entire history.
Are they grateful? (Insert grumpy old man rant of your choice here)

125Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 09 2017, 12:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

JAH wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
JAH wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
JAH wrote:

EASY TRAVEL
LIVING ABROAD
PAID LEAVE
FOREIGN STUDY
CHEAP FLIGHTS
CHEAP TELEPHONE CALLS
CONSUMER PROTECTION
FOOD LABELLING

JAH,

Absolutely disgraceful.

Even if every Baby Boomer voted for Brexit (they didn't) who the fuck are you to wish death on a whole generation of people just because you disagree with their opinion?

Do you wish death on those of your generation who voted Brexit too?

In fact if your generation pitched up and all voted Remain we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

If there is one thing the older generation should be totally ashamed of is raising nasty, self-absorbed idiots like you.

Bye.

126Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 09 2017, 15:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I've tried to concoct some sort of answer, but in all honesty, I  don't know where to start. Most unusual for me   Smile

127Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Sep 11 2017, 19:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bang out of order. We all have different viewpoints but there is no need for personal insults. JAH needs to cool off and apologise.

128Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Sep 11 2017, 19:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Bang out of order. We all have different viewpoints but there is no need for personal insults.

Will you be saying the same to sluffy?

Of course not.

129Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Sep 11 2017, 20:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Bang out of order. We all have different viewpoints but there is no need for personal insults.

Will you be saying the same to sluffy?

Of course not.

Which personal insults of mine would these be then?

Have you forgot what you posted a few weeks back?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t15300p180-ken-anderson-update#342457

When I start wishing death on people or calling them fascist then feel free to tell me I'm out of order.

You'll be waiting a very long time before I do though.

130Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Sep 11 2017, 20:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sluffy wrote:Don't take her too seriously!

sluffy wrote:Ok, I'll be more specific -

Don't take her too seriously all the time.

You bitch.

131Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Sep 12 2017, 01:08

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

In the past this country became great on more than a few occasions...then fell by the wayside. Today we aren't as great as we were twenty years ago. In the future we will find a greatness again, and again fall by the wayside. In the past it was my Parents fault, today it is my fault, in the future it will be my childrens fault. It isn't a case of age, or levels of education. A bit like The Trotters. We were great in the 50s, rank in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Popped back to greatness in the 90s and noughties and we're now back in the lowerer reaches. It's swings and roundabouts. Brexit or not will have very little long term impact on us on the whole. We'll adapt. Might be a bit of a rough ride but when has it never been?

132Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Sep 12 2017, 07:57

Bollotom2014 wrote:In the past this country became great on more than a few occasions...then fell by the wayside. Today we aren't as great as we were twenty years ago. In the future we will find a greatness again, and again fall by the wayside. In the past it was my Parents fault, today it is my fault, in the future it will be my childrens fault. It isn't a case of age, or levels of education. A bit like The Trotters. We were great in the 50s, rank in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Popped back to greatness in the 90s and noughties and we're now back in the lowerer reaches. It's swings and roundabouts. Brexit or not will have very little long term impact on us on the whole. We'll adapt. Might be a bit of a rough ride but when has it never been?
:clap:

133Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Sep 12 2017, 12:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't suppose it will make any difference to the negotiations but with today's announcement that inflation continues to rise faster than wages as a result of price increases, simultaneously halting the pound's slide I'm wondering if either side will modify their position - or will they press on regardless of what is happening to our economy?

134Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Sep 12 2017, 12:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pepsi down to £2.25 for an 8 pack. What inflation?

135Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Sep 12 2017, 13:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

True, but its damaging my cake and coffee culture. Rarely pay less than £5 now, (was over £7 the other day for two coffees and two small cakes). I like a good greasy spoon, but the missus won't go to one.

136Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Sep 12 2017, 13:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Pepsi down to £2.25 for an 8 pack. What inflation?
Clothes and Fuel mainly. Last month a new M&S shop and petrol station opened in Aylsham with diesel at 1.16/ltr. Last week it went up to 1.21/ltr and local folk are whingeing about them taking the piss with an opening offer to get people in, as average price of diesel went up 2p in the month (Petrol 1.8p)
It's expensive in Norfolk anyway though.

137Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Sep 12 2017, 15:15

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Brexit is not about the economy, it's about a gut feeling.

Remainers just don't get it.

138Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Sep 12 2017, 16:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Brexit is not about the economy, it's about a gut feeling.
I have a gut feeling that leaving the EU will substantially lower the quality of life in Britain for everyone except the super rich - a process that has already started.

Are you super rich Cajun?

139Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Sep 12 2017, 17:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

There's enough cash in the system for us all to endure fairly easily. The problem is with the politicians, who claim that we are one step from the poor house, if we make a wrong decision. This is stopping investment across the board, and the problem of the fair distribution of finances, and services, seems to elude common sense, with everybody blaming Brexit, in the past, now, and for the future. Its a smoke screen that everybody, regardless of political persuasion, find convenient to hide behind.

140Brexit negotiations - Page 7 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Sep 12 2017, 17:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do we really trust the likes of Davis to get us the best deal? I know i don't, he seems clueless to me and talks are going nowhere at the moment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum