Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Brexit negotiations

Brexit negotiations

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

181 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 12:52

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:There will always be a welcome in the spare bedroom for you and yours, Glos.

He's grooming you Glos, don't fall for it. You'll be handcuffed to the bed wearing a rubber gimp mask before you can say 'Brexit'.

182 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 13:10

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
gloswhite wrote:The question at the time was whether we wanted to remain or not. I doubt very much whether people considered how to vote, depending on whether the government was capable of negotiating a favourable result. It was more personal than that. 
Therein lies the problem. Most people didn't and still don't know what they were voting for and it's pretty apparent the Leavers weren't necessarily voting for the same thing - so it's inevitable that they can't all be satisfied. 
I heard some very bravado comments at the time about how the EU was going to roll over and the rest of the world form an orderly queue to do trade with the UK because - obviously - the UK economy is so great. If people believed that I suspect the quality of our negotiators was never a consideration for them. Some I've spoken to fully expected the world to be grovelling at our feet by now.

183 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 13:10

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Imagine all the brexit lot when they can't get their flights to Benidorm  Very Happy

184 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 13:22

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Norpig wrote:Imagine all the brexit lot when they can't get their flights to Benidorm  Very Happy

Exactly.

I've just had that conversation with my (Leave voting) in laws.

They're excitedly preparing to go over and spend a month at our new place in a few weeks and I've just shown them the link I posted.

Crestfallen, they said "But we didn't vote for that!"

"Ah, but you did, Reginald" said I. "You just didn't realise it. Because you voted for something about which you knew fuck all. And I tried telling you this at the time but you wouldn't have it, would you....?"

And that's the nub.

185 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 14:23

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:"Ah, but you did, Reginald" said I. "You just didn't realise it. Because you voted for something about which you knew fuck all. And I tried telling you this at the time but you wouldn't have it, would you....?"

To be fair, most people that know you do the exact opposite of what you tell them.

186 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 14:40

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
The only surprising thing about the lack of progress in these negotiations is the fact that people are surprised by the lack of progress. Did all you brexit fans think it was going to be easy? Do you really think we are going to be able to get a trade deal without agreeing to pay anywhere between £50bn and £100bn?

187 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 14:42

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Course they did xmiles, they thought and still think we can walk out without paying a penny and that countries are going to queue up to do deals with us.

188 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 14:44

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Well they believed that £350m a week bullshit.

189 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 14:46

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
The most ridiculous thing i've seen on my facebook feed is someone shared a link to one of those Britain First type groups saying something along the lines of we paid for 2 world wars so there's your payment  Rolling Eyes

190 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 15:19

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:The most ridiculous thing i've seen on my facebook feed is someone shared a link to one of those Britain First type groups saying something along the lines of we paid for 2 world wars so there's your payment  Rolling Eyes
I thought it was the Americans that won those wars?

191 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 15:23

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:The most ridiculous thing i've seen on my facebook feed is someone shared a link to one of those Britain First type groups saying something along the lines of we paid for 2 world wars so there's your payment  Rolling Eyes
I thought it was the Americans that won those wars?
Actually,it was Audie Murphy.

192 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 16:03

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
The Americans did win those wars. They made more money out of us, at a time we couldn't afford it, than anyone else. 

I was in Lexington a few years ago, and they actually have a 'museum' lauding their efforts in supplying, and charging the UK and other desperate countries.

193 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 16:08

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Bread2.0 wrote:There will always be a welcome in the spare bedroom for you and yours, Glos.

Thanks Breaders.

I don't know how long it will be before I get there, as I'm thinking of hiring a dinghy when I get to one of the islands off their coast, casting myself adrift, and claiming asylum. I'll be sure of a warm welcome, and all the benefits that the country can give me. (unless I drift on to the Catalonian coast, and then anything goes Very Happy )

194 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 16:25

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
gloswhite wrote:The Americans did win those wars. They made more money out of us, at a time we couldn't afford it, than anyone else. 

I was in Lexington a few years ago, and they actually have a 'museum' lauding their efforts in supplying, and charging the UK and other desperate countries.

Very true glos.

And nothing has changed. How easy is it going to be to get a decent and fair trade deal with America? Just look at what they have done to Bombardier when Boeing itself receives billions of dollars of subsidies from U.S. governments at the federal, municipal and state levels.

195 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 16:38

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Agreed, and we've gone very quiet on that front. 
The Americans have always prided themselves on their business acumen, attitude, and 'America first' approach, and I believe the push for independent trading relations with the US will not be as wonderful as some think. i think it will be OK overall, but it will also be painful for some. They are very hard negotiators, probably why Trump wants us to sign up as soon as we can.

196 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 17:47

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Just gonna leave this here....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/pound-to-euro-conversion-rate-plummets-eu-brexit_uk_59df4a5ee4b0eb18af06712e

In May 2016 (just before the referendum) the rate was £1 : 1.3 Euros.

197 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 17:54

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Are you going to bang on about this forever?

You need a hobby.

198 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 18:00

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:Are you going to bang on about this forever?

You need a hobby.

I've got one - Opposing Brexit.

199 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 18:01

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Are you going to bang on about this forever?

You need a hobby.

I've got one - Opposing Brexit.
You need a new one then. Very Happy

200 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 18:05

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've got a hobby Breaders. Come and join us.

201 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 18:14

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I sometimes wonder how your mind works.

Seriously......

202 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 18:17

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:I sometimes wonder how your mind works.

Seriously......
My boss says much the same thing.

203 Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Oct 12 2017, 22:09

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Its getting surreal on here !

204 Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Oct 13 2017, 14:25

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This should be fun. It looks like we're finally going to hear what the EU wants (in addition to devaluing the pound by 20 odd percent)

Give them a couple of weeks and UK business will find out just how much Brexit has shafted us at which point May and Davies will throw their toys out of the pram and act surprised.

205 Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Oct 13 2017, 14:29

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It's almost as if the people doing the negotiating don't want us to know how just how disastrous it's going to be:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/13/david-davis-faces-legal-threat-over-secret-reports-on-brexit-impact

Odd that....

206 Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Oct 13 2017, 15:00

scottjames30

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Omg, just wow.

207 Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Oct 13 2017, 15:29

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
scottjames30 wrote:Omg, just wow.

Whoever's running the Scott account, you need to switch off the "14 yr old girl" setting.

Cheers.

208 Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Oct 13 2017, 15:34

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Bread2.0 wrote:

Whoever's running the Scott account, you need to switch off the "14 yr old girl" setting.

Cheers.

bounce cheers bounce

209 Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri Oct 13 2017, 16:16

scottjames30

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:

Cheers.

Whoever’s running the Bread6.0 account, you need to switch on the “humour “ and switch off the “wet girls blouse “ setting.

Thanks ever so much.

210 Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Oct 17 2017, 16:15

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Reversing Brexit would boost the economy say the OECD.

Also says that zero hours contracts and self employment are detrimental to the acquisition of skills and the job quality of low-skilled workers.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum