Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 50]

541Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 15:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote: They have been intransigent, overly demanding, and people such as Guy Verhofstadt have personally insulted our Prime Minister, as well as members of her cabinet, along with the British public. Whatever our views, it is grossly disrespectful, and unacceptable, for a foreign diplomat to do this. So much for our European 'friends'. 
Hang on Glos. Slagging off Europeans is a British national pastime, at the core of our red top media and naff television programming. Anyone who has travelled in Europe knows that for the most part our media lie to the British people about Europe and Europeans. They bang on about EU regulation whilst our own is inferior. They complain about our health service when they know that you get better service in Europe. Everything European has been denigrated in our media - as if we run a smooth ship here. We don't. But this constant drip feed of disinformation is what brought us to Brexit in the first place.
They may not be "friends" but that's not needed in a business partnership, especially when it's one that is in our mutual interest.

542Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 15:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Agreed XM. Why people think the EU are nice people, and we would be safe within their confines is one thing, but lets be honest, we have seen nothing whatsoever from any of the EU negotiations to fill us with either optimism, or confidence. They have been intransigent, overly demanding, and people such as Guy Verhofstadt have personally insulted our Prime Minister, as well as members of her cabinet, along with the British public. Whatever our views, it is grossly disrespectful, and unacceptable, for a foreign diplomat to do this. So much for our European 'friends'. 
Whatever the outcome, we have seriously damaged our own reputation as a solid and forward looking country, managed by a (relatively), stable government.
We are one of the worlds largest economies, and we are being treated, publicly, in a disgraceful manner. Makes me, but obviously not a lot of the remainers, wonder how we will be treated if they get their wish for us to remain in the EU.

If we do stay in the EU I agree our status is definitely going to be damaged. At the least we will probably lose our existing opt outs. Given the result of the needless referendum I think we are basically screwed now.

I know it is rehashing old material but I could never understand how so many people really thought that anything supported by the Sun, Daily Mail, Farage, Boris, Rees-Mogg, Katie Hopkins, David Icke, Trump, Putin and a few assorted rich tax exiles could be good for most people in Britain.
There are many very intelligent people who think its best for us, and they come from all sorts of trades, skills, and walks of life. Not all Brexiteers are stupid as has been pushed so vociferously by the Remainers. I agree that since the referendum many things are changing, but not always for the worst/best, (its not always so black and white). I feel that the Brexiteers felt they had won the argument, and sat back, whilst the Remainers took advantage of the lull, and used whatever they could to try and get the decision reversed, which was their right.  Of course the emphasis has changed now, to what we can get agreed before we go, and to my mind, some of the grovelling of some of our so-called leaders, is quite distasteful.

543Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 15:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote: They have been intransigent, overly demanding, and people such as Guy Verhofstadt have personally insulted our Prime Minister, as well as members of her cabinet, along with the British public. Whatever our views, it is grossly disrespectful, and unacceptable, for a foreign diplomat to do this. So much for our European 'friends'. 
Hang on Glos. Slagging off Europeans is a British national pastime, at the core of our red top media and naff television programming. Anyone who has travelled in Europe knows that for the most part our media lie to the British people about Europe and Europeans. They bang on about EU regulation whilst our own is inferior. They complain about our health service when they know that you get better service in Europe. Everything European has been denigrated in our media - as if we run a smooth ship here. We don't. But this constant drip feed of disinformation is what brought us to Brexit in the first place.
They may not be "friends" but that's not needed in a business partnership, especially when it's one that is in our mutual interest.
I don't agree with you there Wander. I lived in Germany, in the military, for 3 years, (OK, it was some time ago), my sister now lives there, and I drive down there each year, and I can say that the small town she lives in has changed, and is still changing. The renowned German medical service isn't as good as it was, (I was charged the equivalent of £42 for 3 items when I was ill), unemployment is rising, they have massive problems with the immigrants. Admittedly, their standard of living is coming down from a higher level than ours, nevertheless, it is coming down.
You're right, our press is a disgrace, but they are to everyone, but our politicians have not openly abused others in the EU as openly as they have insulted us.
We can't be all that bad, otherwise why do we have so many still wanting to come here.
Meant to say, the Germans work harder than us, and expect a certain level of care, slowly but surely, its being eroded, so they complain. In this country, we are in a mess with all things the government are in charge of, due to a fiscal policy that is now out of date. We complain, and are told tough, we haven't got the money. but it doesn't mean we have to kowtow to the EU and their rules.
(This has been a ramble, as I'm having to get ready to go out, and I'm late)

Last edited by gloswhite on Wed Jan 31 2018, 15:52; edited 1 time in total

544Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 15:49

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Glos please give us some examples of the "many very intelligent" people who supported brexit.

Just some of those who opposed it include Stephen Hawking, Barack Obama, Richard Branson, Alan Sugar, Mark Carney, the IMF, 9 out of 10 economists, the TUC, Unison, the NFU ... and of course Theresa May.

545Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 15:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:Glos please give us some examples of the "many very intelligent" people who supported brexit.

Just some of those who opposed it include Stephen Hawking, Barack Obama, Richard Branson, Alan Sugar, Mark Carney, the IMF, 9 out of 10 economists, the TUC, Unison, the NFU ... and of course Theresa May.
Are you serious ? Do you really think that only the remainers are the intelligent people in this? Sheer arrogance if you do, and it shows how you only see and hear what you want to.

546Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 16:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Glos please give us some examples of the "many very intelligent" people who supported brexit.

That comment alone shows what a bellend you are.

A friend of mine, who runs a very successful business that he built from nothing, is rubbing his hands with glee at the prospect of doing away with the EU...he says it makes his working life very difficult.

But, of course, he must be a complete dummy.

You really are an arrogant knob.

547Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 16:28

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Me! But that does depend on what you class as very intelligent. I have 11 GCSEs, 4 A levels and a degree. I am an Air Traffic Control Officer in the forces.
   I voted to leave as I didn't want an all encompassing EU Superstate.

548Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 16:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Donald Trump

549Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 16:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a PhD, 4 A Levels, 12 GCSEs, and was Preston Businesswoman of the Year (twice).

550Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 17:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well done glos, bollomtom and of course Nat! As usual you have completely missed the point.

I didn't say or even suggest you were stupid. I listed a few famous examples of the many very intelligent people who opposed brexit and invited you to name some comparable examples who supported brexit.

So without the name calling and personal abuse please name some well known "very intelligent" people who supported brexit (apart from Trump).

551Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 17:29

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Duncan Bannatyne, Theo Paphitis, James Dyson, Bernie Ecclestone

552Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 17:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Well done glos, bollomtom and of course Nat! As usual you have completely missed the point.
Now backtracking because you have made yourself look a right tit.

Your last post was quite pathetic TBH mate labeling Brexiters thick.

553Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 17:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:
xmiles wrote:Well done glos, bollomtom and of course Nat! As usual you have completely missed the point.
Now backtracking because you have made yourself look a right tit.

Your last post was quite pathetic TBH mate labeling Brexiters thick.

No I am not backtracking. Try reading my post.

As per usual all the abuse is coming from brexit fans.

554Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 17:51

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Duncan Bannatyne, Theo Paphitis, James Dyson, Bernie Ecclestone

Thanks for actually replying to my question BTID.

Three of these people love Britain so much they choose to pay no taxes here and live abroad.

555Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 18:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And all four of them are complete pricks.

556Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 18:16

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These also dont live in Britain: Stephen Hawking, Barack Obama

557Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 18:19

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I didn't say or even suggest you were stupid. I listed a few famous examples of the many very intelligent people who opposed brexit and invited you to name some comparable examples who supported brexit.

So without the name calling and personal abuse please name some well known "very intelligent" people who supported brexit (apart from Trump).
You asked Glos to name "Very intelligent people" Nothing about Famous intelligent people, you're a dab hand at moving the goal posts, so for that reason I'm out. SWIDT?

558Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 18:45

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

BoltonTillIDie wrote:These also dont live in Britain: Stephen Hawking, Barack Obama

Didn't know Obama weas British.

559Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 18:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

British beef is set to start being exported to China again which can only be a good thing.

560Brexit negotiations - Page 28 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 31 2018, 18:59

BoltonTillIDie wrote:These also dont live in Britain: Stephen Hawking, Barack Obama

Hawking lives in Cambridge no? Not that it’s partiucalrly important.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum