Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers to sign ex-Sunderland and Brighton winger Will Buckley

+5
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS are closing in on signing ex-Sunderland winger Will Buckley on a free transfer.

The 27-year-old will sign at the Macron Stadium, subject to a medical, to become Phil Parkinson’s fourth new signing of the summer.

Buckley was released at the Stadium of Light after a miserable three-year spell which saw him play just 24 times and loaned out to Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham City.

He has considerable Championship experience, playing more than 100 games for Brighton in the second tier.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very good signing this

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Budget must be really tight, still he's a utility forward so would be handy as cover. But I hope this doesn't count as one of the two strikers Parky said he is looking for.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will Buckley 5 years ago:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderlust 5 years ago:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Wanderlust 5 years ago:
:rofl:

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i said this on another thread but when i've seen him play he looks decent, he played for Brighton on loan and looked good so would be another solid signing.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Wanderlust 5 years ago:
What the fook is that red blob?

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

A winger who seems to have missed his way at Sunderland, which could be said of a few more up there.
That said, a pacey player with a few tricks. Could be a useful addition to the squad.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Good signing I reckon. This lad was on fire before he went to Sunderland and looked a very good player. Hopefully he can find his way again with us. If he can, it's a good piece of business.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If Parkinson gives him the opportunity, I think he can do a job. He isn't going to set the world alight but definitely has, or used to have, the ability to create enough to influence the outcome of games. Whether he is given the opportunity or not is another matter.

I'm backing Parkinson on this. For obvious reasons, we'll be as boring as hell next season and the likes of Buckley may be on a tight leash but it will be for good reason.

Decent signing under the circumstances.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum