You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Competitions » Ups and Downs.

Ups and Downs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ups and Downs. on Tue Jul 04 2017, 19:45

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Another competition for a bit of fun with a prize of £25 going to a charity of the winners choice.

Predict which teams will finish in the top six in the Championship. In other words two for automatic promotion and four teams to go into the play-offs. The six you select can be in any order. You don't have to predict which team will win the Championship and which will be runners up. Just pick the six teams you think will be in the top six after the last game of the Championship.

The second part of the competition is to predict which eight teams will finish in the bottom eight places in the Premiership, again in no particular order.

My top six in no particular order are:

Charlton

Derby County

Norwich

Nottingham Forest

QPR

Sheffield Wednesday

( I deliberately haven't picked Bolton because I don't want to jinx us )

The bottom eight in the Premiership, in no particular order are:

Bournemouth

Burnley

Brighton

Stoke

WBA

Crystal Palace

Huddersfield 

Leicester.


Get your thinking caps on and see what you can come up with.

2 Re: Ups and Downs. on Tue Jul 04 2017, 20:07

Bwfc1958

avatar
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Pretty sure Charlton won't be getting in the top six RT, or anywhere in the championship for that matter....

3 Re: Ups and Downs. on Tue Jul 04 2017, 20:12

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Championship top 6

Aston Villa

Fulham

Hull

Leeds

Middlesbrough

Sheff Wed

 Premiership Bottom 8

 

Leicester

Brighton

Burnley

Huddersfield

Swansea

Watford

West Brom

Bournemouth

4 Re: Ups and Downs. on Tue Jul 04 2017, 20:17

Bwfc1958

avatar
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Fulham 
Norwich 
Boro
Sheff Wed
Derby 
Leeds

Bournemouth 
Brighton 
Burnley 
Huddersfield 
Newcastle 
Swansea 
Watford 
Palace

5 Re: Ups and Downs. on Tue Jul 04 2017, 21:14

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bwfc1958 wrote:Pretty sure Charlton won't be getting in the top six RT, or anywhere in the championship for that matter....

I was going to have Bolton instead of Charlton but I didn't want to tempt fate. One outsider team always seems to do well as in Huddersfield last season so Charlton is my Joker.

I haven't bothered with Leeds because they can't seem to keep decent managers, the departure of Gary Monk being a perfect example. Villa may be one of the favourites but I think, like Sunderland, the expectation to get promoted will be too much for them.

6 Re: Ups and Downs. on Tue Jul 04 2017, 21:15

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Reebok Trotter wrote:I was going to have Bolton instead of Charlton but I didn't want to tempt fate. One outsider team always seems to do well as in Huddersfield last season so Charlton is my Joker.


:facepalm:

They are definitely outsiders. Charlton are in League 1 you bellend.

7 Re: Ups and Downs. on Tue Jul 04 2017, 21:20

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I was going to have Bolton instead of Charlton but I didn't want to tempt fate. One outsider team always seems to do well as in Huddersfield last season so Charlton is my Joker.


:facepalm:

They are definitely outsiders. Charlton are in League 1 you bellend.


Well spotted! I am indebted to your powers of observation. In that case I'm going for Bolton instead. cheers

8 Re: Ups and Downs. on Tue Jul 04 2017, 21:42

finlaymcdanger

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Bonce, I know you're waiting for me to go first so...


Top 6 Championship 
Middlesbrough
Sunderland
Fulham
Hull City
Sheffield Wednesday
Norwich City

Bottom 8 Premiership
Swansea City
Stoke City
Newcastle Utd
Leicester City
Watford
Burnley
Brighton
Reading

9 Re: Ups and Downs. on Tue Jul 04 2017, 21:49

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
finlaymcdanger wrote:Bonce, I know you're waiting for me to go first so...


Top 6 Championship 
Middlesbrough
Sunderland
Fulham
Hull City
Sheffield Wednesday
Norwich City

Bottom 8 Premiership
Swansea City
Stoke City
Newcastle Utd
Leicester City
Watford
Burnley
Brighton
Reading
Swine. Shocked 

10 Re: Ups and Downs. on Wed Jul 05 2017, 20:41

NickFazer

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Aston Villa
Derby County
Middlesbrough's
Sheffield Weds
Norwich City
Reading

Brighton
Huddersfield
Burnley
Stoke
Bournemouth
West Bromwich
Watford
Crystal Palace

11 Re: Ups and Downs. on Thu Jul 06 2017, 09:59

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Depends on signings but...

Villa
Derby
Boro
Naaaaaaaaarch
Sunderland
Wednesday


Watford
Swansea
Leicester
Hudders
Bournemouth
Burnley
Palace
Newcastle

12 Re: Ups and Downs. on Thu Jul 06 2017, 11:14

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Only idiots make their choices a month before the season kicks off.

I'll walk this competition.

13 Re: Ups and Downs. on Thu Jul 06 2017, 11:16

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:Only idiots make their choices a month before the season kicks off.

I'll walk this competition.
I haven't posted yet.

14 Re: Ups and Downs. on Thu Jul 06 2017, 11:24

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:I haven't posted yet.

But Finlay has.

15 Re: Ups and Downs. on Thu Jul 06 2017, 11:27

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can't say I'd noticed.

16 Re: Ups and Downs. on Thu Jul 06 2017, 14:46

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Fulham
Norwich
Reading
Sheffield Wednesday
Hull
Derby

Crystal Palace
Swansea
Burnley
Watford
Stoke
Brighton
Newcastle
Huddersfield

17 Re: Ups and Downs. on Mon Jul 17 2017, 21:22

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Middlesbro
Fulham
Sheff Wed
Derby
Leeds
Reading

Prem

Huddersfield
Leicester 
Brighton
Burnley
Watford
Bournemouth
WHU
Swansea

18 Re: Ups and Downs. on Mon Jul 17 2017, 21:24

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
boltonbonce wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Bonce, I know you're waiting for me to go first so...


Top 6 Championship 
Middlesbrough
Sunderland
Fulham
Hull City
Sheffield Wednesday
Norwich City

Bottom 8 Premiership
Swansea City
Stoke City
Newcastle Utd
Leicester City
Watford
Burnley
Brighton
Reading
Swine. Shocked 

Is that me i remember the dance quite well !!

19 Re: Ups and Downs. on Mon Jul 17 2017, 22:03

DEANO82


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Top 6.
Villa
Wolves 
Reading
Borough
Sunderland
Reading

Bottom 6

Huddersfield 
Brighton
Burnley 
West Brom
Newcastle
Bournemouth
Swansea 
Stoke

20 Re: Ups and Downs. on Tue Jul 18 2017, 08:00

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
DEANO82 wrote:Top 6.
Villa
Wolves 
Reading
Borough
Sunderland
Reading


You expecting Reading to have a good season?

21 Re: Ups and Downs. on Tue Jul 18 2017, 11:11

DEANO82


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Natasha Whittam wrote:
DEANO82 wrote:Top 6.
Villa
Wolves 
Reading
Borough
Sunderland
Reading


You expecting Reading to have a good season?
It was Fins fault. He has them finishing in the bottom eight of the Premier league, so thought they must be getting promoted at Christmas.

22 Re: Ups and Downs. on Wed Jul 19 2017, 12:58

finlaymcdanger

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
DEANO82 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
DEANO82 wrote:Top 6.
Villa
Wolves 
Reading
Borough
Sunderland
Reading


You expecting Reading to have a good season?
It was Fins fault. He has them finishing in the bottom eight of the Premier league, so thought they must be getting promoted at Christmas.


Argh! I meant Huddersfield. Not Reading.

23 Re: Ups and Downs. on Wed Jul 19 2017, 13:17

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Middlesbrough
Hull
Reading
Fulham
Wednesday
Villa


Brighton
Huddersfield
Newcastle
Swansea
Watford
Palace
Bournemouth
Burnley

24 Re: Ups and Downs. Yesterday at 14:38

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Championship top 6
Middlesbrough
Sheffield Wednesday
Leeds
Norwich
Forest
Villa

Premiership bottom 8

Huddersfield
Watford
Palace
Brighton
Burnley
Swansea
Stoke
Leicester

25 Re: Ups and Downs. Yesterday at 14:39

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Swansea
Stoke
Leicester

:facepalm:

26 Re: Ups and Downs. Yesterday at 15:07

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Swansea
Stoke
Leicester

:facepalm:
Watch this space. I know what I'm talking about after all, I won the champions league with Celtic 2 years running on Football manager.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum