Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lukaku to United for £75 million

+4
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Kane57
Sluffy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lukaku to United for £75 million Empty Lukaku to United for £75 million Thu Jul 06 2017, 11:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Good player but is he really worth £75m?

(The end for Rooney at Old Trafford as well now I expect).

Anybody think this is good business?

Manchester United have agreed a fee of around £75m with Everton for striker Romelu Lukaku.
The 24-year-old Belgium international scored 25 Premier League goals last season.
United, who have been chasing Lukaku for most of the summer, will not now be pursuing their interest in Real Madrid's Alvaro Morata.
The move for Lukaku is not connected to talks aimed at taking United forward Wayne Rooney to Everton.
Jose Mourinho's side are hopeful of concluding a deal in time for Lukaku to join the squad before they depart for a pre-season tour to the United States on Sunday.
The striker was on a list of forward options Mourinho gave to executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward before the end of last season.
It had been thought Lukaku would return to his former club Chelsea, who he joined from Anderlecht in 2011.
The striker was sold to Everton for £28m by Mourinho during the Portuguese manager's second spell in charge of Chelsea in 2014.
Lukaku is a client of agent Mino Raiola, who also looks after Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan - three players all signed by United last summer.
The Belgian turned down the most lucrative contract offer in Everton's history in March and later said: "I don't want to stay at the same level. I want to improve and I know where I want to do that."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40516483

2Lukaku to United for £75 million Empty Re: Lukaku to United for £75 million Thu Jul 06 2017, 11:51

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

25 goals and Prem experience. Not sure if he's worth it but he's a better bet than Morata

3Lukaku to United for £75 million Empty Re: Lukaku to United for £75 million Thu Jul 06 2017, 11:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one is worth £75m, except maybe Rob Earnshaw.

However, he's a very good player and a proven Premier League scorer. Top signing.

4Lukaku to United for £75 million Empty Re: Lukaku to United for £75 million Thu Jul 06 2017, 11:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice bit of business from Everton too

5Lukaku to United for £75 million Empty Re: Lukaku to United for £75 million Thu Jul 06 2017, 12:13

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Silly money isn't it?

He's worth £75m if United are prepared to pay it but only time will tell if he proves to be good value for it. Amazing that a footballer with such little ability to even control a ball is sold for that amount. I can't help thinking that Kane, valued at £100m by Spurs(?), would have been a better option but I guess Mourinho's style is very significant in preferring Lukaku. A little odd that he couldn't see it back in his Chelsea days though.

I'm guessing Lukaku wasn't Mourinho's first choice striker but he does seem to compliment/contrast Rashford well and they should make for a very potent strike force.

6Lukaku to United for £75 million Empty Re: Lukaku to United for £75 million Thu Jul 06 2017, 12:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not worth it. He'll have the same effect Benteke had at Liverpool. Very little.

7Lukaku to United for £75 million Empty Re: Lukaku to United for £75 million Thu Jul 06 2017, 13:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he's a decent player and is proven as a Premiership striker and will fit right in with Mourinho's long ball tactics. Price is silly but that's the way it is now and will only get worse.

8Lukaku to United for £75 million Empty Re: Lukaku to United for £75 million Thu Jul 06 2017, 20:39

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Never liked him ...... totally overrated...... no title for Manure with this line up.....which is a good thing of course.
This is to replace Zaltan ????  laughable......  He will no doubt score some goals but that is due to all the chances that will be laid on for him.
He's not a bad old fashioned forward but nowhere near world class....which you would expect Utd to have in their ranks.
Having said that I'd have him at Bolton.... on a free of course Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum