Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers sign Stephen Darby

+4
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton Wanderers sign Stephen Darby Empty Bolton Wanderers sign Stephen Darby Fri Jul 07 2017, 10:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers are delighted to confirm the signing of Stephen Darby on a two-year deal.

The 28-year-old was last on the books of Bradford City, and will be reunited with former manager Phil Parkinson at Macron Stadium having spent the past five years with the Yorkshire side.

Born in Liverpool, the defender started his career at Anfield and was part of the Liverpool youth team that won back to back FA Youth Cups in 2006 and 2007.

During his time with the Premier League outfit, he enjoyed loan stints with Swindon Town, Notts County and Rochdale before moving permanently to Bradford City in 2012.

And after departing the Bantams earlier this summer, Darby has now linked up with the Whites ahead of their return to the Sky Bet Championship.

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk after completing the move, Darby said, “I’m delighted to sign for Bolton Wanderers. It is such a big club and I can’t wait to get going.

“I’m really pleased that everything is sorted now and I’m looking forward to joining up with the lads ahead of an exciting season.”

Whites manager Phil Parkinson, added, “I’m pleased with the signing of Stephen who is a player I have worked with previously.

“He is a good character and is a great addition to the squad for the season ahead.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shit signing.

Released by a League 1 club and never played at Championship level.

In a position we already have bodies.

Parky out.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll be back up to the lad we signed from Bristol City i presume? He wasn't first choice for Bradford either last season was he?

I presume Parky is going back to a back 4 now?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:He'll be back up to the lad we signed from Bristol City i presume? He wasn't first choice for Bradford either last season was he?

He'd be mental to return to a back 4 when they played so well as a back 5.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There's more meat on a Quorn burger.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:He'll be back up to the lad we signed from Bristol City i presume? He wasn't first choice for Bradford either last season was he?

He'd be mental to return to a back 4 when they played so well as a back 5.

Just seems odd he's signed 2 players who would be classed as right backs, unless they can cover centre back and wing back as well?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is he replacing Moxey?

10Bolton Wanderers sign Stephen Darby Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers sign Stephen Darby Fri Jul 07 2017, 17:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yet another defender and yet another player who has worked with Parky previously.
Hope he's worked with some creative midfielders and attackers....

11Bolton Wanderers sign Stephen Darby Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers sign Stephen Darby Fri Jul 07 2017, 18:08

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Back 3,4,or 5?

Probably a back 9 with Madine stranded upfront!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum