You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton's New Kit

Bolton's New Kit

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 17:19

Sluffy

Admin
Being released on Friday at 5.30pm according to Iles.

Anybody going to be buying one?

2 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 17:27

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:Being released on Friday at 5.30pm according to Iles.

Not me. I wait till the halfway point of the season when they sell them at half price.

3 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 17:39

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Reebok Trotter wrote:Not me. I wait till the halfway point of the season when they sell them at half price.

:facepalm:

4 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 17:45

Fabians Right Peg

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sluffy wrote:Being released on Friday at 5.30pm according to Iles.

the youngest is choosing the name to go on the back as we speak, was spearing last year, I suspect she will be going Morais.

5 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 18:03

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Ill be getting one when they are discounted

6 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 18:10

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Ill be getting one when they are discounted

7 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 18:12

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've got all the rest,so I'll no doubt get this one. Hope my slippers don't clash.

8 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 18:14

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:I've got all the rest,so I'll no doubt get this one.

9 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 18:18

Fabians Right Peg

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Got to agree with Whittam, whilst I know some people can't afford to pay full whack the number of people that seem to wait until the discount surprises me.

Tops usually get discounted around Easter, way beyond halfway through the season, more like about 6 months into the season, that means people are unable to save £3.50 a month to help support the club.

Surely there is a little bit people could sacrifice to save up and buy the top at full whack knowing it would help the finances?

10 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 18:20

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm afraid Nat doesn't agree with grown men wearing football shirts.

11 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 18:28

Fabians Right Peg

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Always worn the colours home and away, it is part of following your team IMO.

12 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 18:29

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fabians Right Peg wrote:Always worn the colours home and away, it is part of following your team IMO.
Quite right. Nat just can't pull off the look.

13 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 18:30

Fabians Right Peg

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
boltonbonce wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:Always worn the colours home and away, it is part of following your team IMO.

Hasn't got the slippers for it I suspect.

14 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 18:35

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

Hasn't got the slippers for it I suspect.
I don't think they make slippers that big.

15 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 18:57

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fabians Right Peg wrote:Got to agree with Whittam, whilst I know some people can't afford to pay full whack the number of people that seem to wait until the discount surprises me.

Tops usually get discounted around Easter, way beyond halfway through the season, more like about 6 months into the season, that means people are unable to save £3.50 a month to help support the club.

Surely there is a little bit people could sacrifice to save up and buy the top at full whack knowing it would help the finances?

I take your point Fabian but I spend enough on Wanderers as it is. Lifeline membership, two ST's, countless away travel etc etc. It all mounts up. I'm quite happy to wait until they are reduced in price because I don't feel the need to be one of the first to wear the new kit as soon as it is released. If they charged £29.99 for the kit at the start of the season then fair enough, I would buy then. I do feel that bringing new kit out every year is simply a cash cow for clubs because they know that all the younger generations will want the up to date kit. At £49.99 for a new shirt it soon mounts up especially if you have more than one child.

16 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 20:23

Fabians Right Peg

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:Got to agree with Whittam, whilst I know some people can't afford to pay full whack the number of people that seem to wait until the discount surprises me.

I take your point Fabian but I spend enough on Wanderers as it is. Lifeline membership, two ST's, countless away travel etc etc. It all mounts up. I'm quite happy to wait until they are reduced in price because I don't feel the need to be one of the first to wear the new kit as soon as it is released. If they charged £29.99 for the kit at the start of the season then fair enough, I would buy then. I do feel that bringing new kit out every year is simply a cash cow for clubs because they know that all the younger generations will want the up to date kit. At £49.99 for a new shirt it soon mounts up especially if you have more than one child.

Fair point RT, however like I said it's the number of people that seem to wait that shocks me, there always seems to be a sprouting of shirts around sale time, I am sure some like you contribute in other ways, some like I said can't afford it and do what they can to support the club, however I am equally sure some just see the chance of a bargain rather than a way to show your support for the team.

17 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 20:51

Cajunboy

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
What's the point, I'm never going to get a game?

18 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 21:49

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fabians Right Peg wrote:however I am equally sure some just see the chance of a bargain rather than a way to show your support for the team.

Sorry, but that's just a ridiculous argument.

It's people like you that are contributing to the ridiculous wages the players are paid. How much is a Wanderers top these days? £40? £50? What does it cost to make? Pennies probably. And it's why useless twats like Trotter, Amos, Moxey, Mavies etc have become millionaires.

If people had some balls they'd buy a matchday ticket and fuck all else.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Wed Jul 12 2017, 21:51; edited 1 time in total

19 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Wed Jul 12 2017, 21:51

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:I'm afraid Nat doesn't agree with grown men wearing football shirts.

Exactly. If you're over 12 and wearing a replica shirt you look like a massive knob.

20 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Thu Jul 13 2017, 06:10

Fabians Right Peg

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:however I am equally sure some just see the chance of a bargain rather than a way to show your support for the team.

Sorry, but that's just a ridiculous argument.

It's people like you that are contributing to the ridiculous wages the players are paid. How much is a Wanderers top these days? £40? £50? What does it cost to make? Pennies probably. And it's why useless twats like Trotter, Amos, Moxey, Mavies etc have become millionaires.

If people had some balls they'd buy a matchday ticket and fuck all else.

Absolute garbage, paying £40 for a top does not mean Trotter and co can ask for £20,000 +, the club is clearly struggling financially and are cutting wages so at the moment paying an extra £20 may result in the guys working in the ticket office not having to wait for their xmas pay this year.

21 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Thu Jul 13 2017, 08:06

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Not with Betfred emblazoned across the front of it I won't.

Is the sponsor on the kids sizes?

22 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Thu Jul 13 2017, 08:45

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Has anyone actually seen it yet? Someone normally get a sneak peek before the official launch and sticks it on the net.

I haven't bought a new shirt for years to be honest, i prefer wearing my old Normid blue 3rd kit top.

23 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Thu Jul 13 2017, 08:52

DEANO82

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
finlaymcdanger wrote:Not with Betfred emblazoned across the front of it I won't.

Sponsor won't be on the kids tops.

You think you can squeeze into one?

24 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Thu Jul 13 2017, 09:21

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

25 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Thu Jul 13 2017, 09:42

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
DEANO82 wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Not with Betfred emblazoned across the front of it I won't.

Sponsor won't be on the kids tops.

You think you can squeeze into one?

I can still get into my Normid shirt. Just.

26 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Thu Jul 13 2017, 10:54

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
finlaymcdanger wrote:I can still get into my Normid shirt. Just.

Do you call it your Normid shirt because it's as big as a superstore?

27 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Thu Jul 13 2017, 10:58

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fabians Right Peg wrote:Absolute garbage, paying £40 for a top does not mean Trotter and co can ask for £20,000 +, the club is clearly struggling financially and are cutting wages so at the moment paying an extra £20 may result in the guys working in the ticket office not having to wait for their xmas pay this year.

What a load of gobshiting bollocks. That's something you just tell yourself to feel better about paying £40-£50 for a t-shirt. The club put a huge margin on the shirts to subsidise the likes of Trotter, Moxey and Mavies, not Ethel in the ticket office.

If you were in Next and your daughter said she wanted a t-shirt costing £40 would you justify the cost by saying it's helping to pay the minimum wage girl behind the counter?

Would you fuck. You'd tell her to put it back and find something cheaper.

28 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Thu Jul 13 2017, 11:22

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:If you were in Next and your daughter said she wanted a t-shirt costing £40 would you justify the cost by saying it's helping to pay the minimum wage girl behind the counter?

Would you fuck. You'd tell her to put it back and find something cheaper.
But she wouldn't be seen dead in a Chorley shirt....

29 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Thu Jul 13 2017, 12:52

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:I can still get into my Normid shirt. Just.

Do you call it your Normid shirt because it's as big as a superstore?

Not at all - it's a medium. You probably can't even fit your flabby arm into anything you bought 27 years ago.

30 Re: Bolton's New Kit on Thu Jul 13 2017, 13:05

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
finlaymcdanger wrote:Not at all - it's a medium. You probably can't even fit your flabby arm into anything you bought 27 years ago.

You bitch.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum