Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Allardyce's Best player - The FINAL - Youri Djorkeaff v Jay Jay Okocha

+14
Reebok Trotter
okocha
rammywhite
Bolton Nuts
Tigermin
boltonbonce
Keegan
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
xmiles
scottjames30
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

So, who is your number one?

Allardyce's Best player - The FINAL - Youri Djorkeaff v Jay Jay Okocha Vote_lcap54% Allardyce's Best player - The FINAL - Youri Djorkeaff v Jay Jay Okocha Vote_rcap 54% [ 19 ]
 Allardyce's Best player - The FINAL - Youri Djorkeaff v Jay Jay Okocha Vote_lcap46% Allardyce's Best player - The FINAL - Youri Djorkeaff v Jay Jay Okocha Vote_rcap 46% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 35

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's finally here - the final!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The seedings worked out perfectly as ranked number one Youri Djorkeaff meets ranked number two Jay Jay Okocha.

Not much to say in terms of match build up as you all know these two wonderful players, the jewels of Allardyce's reign at the Reebok, so up to you to vote and decide...Allardyce's Best Player!

Who did you pick?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This was a REALLY hard call. But I've gone for Jay Jay by a whisker. It was just down to how it felt to watch him play and the buzz he brought to us all. Youri was top class, he was awesome but Jay Jay was just plain MAGIC.

I wouldn't blame anyone who went for Youri because he was a world cup winner and still close to his very best when he came here. I just think Jay Jay brought a tiny extra something, a special buzz and lift that made us all smile every time he played. It's that close, it's really almost impossible to pick between them.

Last edited by luckyPeterpiper on Mon Aug 11 2014, 19:06; edited 1 time in total

Okocha achieved more with us.

This is like choosing between your kids.........

I'm not voting yet, I've got some serious thinking to do....... scratch

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Makes it harder.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry no contest for me, Youri all the way, more consistent and inflluential than Jay Jay in my opinion. As i said in the semi-final the best player to ever wear the white shirt.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jay Jay had the most talent without question.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Youri

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm presuming we're voting on their ability while playing under Allardyce, and not ever.

I appreciated the flair of Okocha as much as the next man and consider myself very lucky to have witnessed him play at all, never mind for my hometown club. At the point he played for us though, he wasn't contributing as much as he used to and it soon tailed off into fleeting glimpses of genius.

We got Djorkaeff a year or so after winning the Euros and the previous World Cup (1998?) and he was still a master of the game. Fortunately, he got to play alongside Jay Jay and Campo which probably helped his cause a little.

Very tough call but it has to be Youri for me.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jay Jay for me.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sad Tough call...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I could toss a coin for this one,but I'm going for Jay Jay,if only for the buzz of anticipation he always gave me whenever he had the ball. However it goes they are 2 legends. We were blessed to see them both in a Wanderers shirt.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The last Bolton shirt I bought had Okocha on the back. Smile

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Youri a true professional and awesome talent ! Ditto Jay Jay so its a heavenly draw for me !

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I have the highest respect for Youri Djorkaeff. I have to vote for Jay-Jay though.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

So good they paid him twice, oh hang on... 11-11 after my vote... Maybe call it a draw.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I say close the poll here. It would be so unfortunate if either of these brilliant Bolton legends lost!

Agreed.

It seems fitting, given the comments on this thread.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keegan wrote:I say close the poll here. It would be so unfortunate if either of these brilliant Bolton legends lost!

Sorry Keegan- I just spoiled your eminently sensible suggestion by voting for Jay Jay. That was based on the sheer entertainment value that he added so often when he was in possession.
C'mon someone else and vote for Youri

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A few years ago I won a bright yellow Wanderers shirt which had been signed by JJ. I treasure it so much, I can't bring myself to wear it outside! Got to keep it pristine......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum