Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers boss Phil Parkinson praises academy graduate Jack Earing after Crewe cup win

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

PHIL Parkinson hopes Wanderers fans went home from Crewe tonight talking about home-grown talent Jack Earing.
The 18-year-old midfielder made only his second senior appearance in the 2-1 win over Crewe in the Carabao Cup.
Adam Armstrong and Derik Osede scored the second-half goals at Gresty Road to see the Whites safely into round two.
But the manager was left purring over a “mature” performance from the Bury-born third year scholar.
“Adam getting a goal was great for him and great for us,” he told The Bolton News. “He showed his timing arriving in the box is good and it was a good ball from Will Buckley too.

“Antonee Robinson in the left back position gave us some real thrust down that side as well, so I’m really pleased for him.
“I’m delighted for Derik getting the winning goal. He’s had to be patient, so it was good to see him come up with the goods for us.
“But I’m sure the talking point will be Jack Earing’s performance. I thought it was very mature and I don’t think he gave the ball away all night. He was always available for it.”

Crewe made Wanderers work hard for their win and could have extended their lead at 1-0 but for some excellent goalkeeping from Ben Alnwick and a Chris Porter effort deflected on to the crossbar.
But Armstrong levelled the scores with 20 minutes left to go before Derik headed home Filipe Morais’s free kick for the win.
“I thought it was pretty even first half and we’d got into some good positions, there were some good performances,” Parkinson said. “The goal knocked us a bit but when we got them in at half time I told the lads there had been some good stuff, we just had to manage the game better. There was a bit of inexperience and sometimes we just had to clear our lines instead of flicking things on the edge of our own box.
“It was a great response from the lads and I’m pleased to get the season up and running with a win and get into the hat for the next round.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15464024.Parkinson_praises_academy_graduate_after_Crewe_cup_win/

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky wrote:But I’m sure the talking point will be Jack Earing’s performance. I thought it was very mature and I don’t think he gave the ball away all night.

If that's true he should be the first name on the teamsheet at Millwall.

But I suspect a midfielder who can actually control a ball and keep hold of it, isn't what Parky is looking for. He seems to prefer headless chickens.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum