Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millwall Player to watch - Steve Morrison

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thirty-three year old Morrison has been around the block a few times but had a tremendous season last year being voted Millwall player of the year.

Born in London the 6ft 2inch striker scored 13 league goals last season from 40 games (and 19 from 50 including cup games).

He first started off at Northampton and moved around a bit (including an earlier spell at Millwall) before being signed by Premier League new boys Norwich.

Morrison could never hack it at that level and playing a total of 53 Premier games with just 10 goals to show for it.

In the January window 2014 Leeds did a player swap for him with Luciano Becchio going the other way.  Morrison did not stop at Leeds long though and was sent on a season long loan to Millwall at the start of the next season.

He returned to Leeds for the following season but clearly is heart was with Millwall and he joined them the next season (2015/16) where he's been ever since.

He's played 20 games for Wales (his nan was born there!) and has one goal - against the mighty Montenegro in a Euro 2012 qualifier.

Morison has always had an interest in greyhound racing, ever since he attended Walthamstow Stadium as a boy.  In January 2013, Morison set up a greyhound racing syndicate alongside his former strike partner at Norwich City, Grant Holt, and the two launched the SMGH Racing Club.  Talking of the racing club, Morison stated – "I've got lots of kennels myself, lots of animals, lots of dogs. So me and Grant got together bought a couple of dogs and it's spiralled out of control a little bit, because we've bought seven now in the space of about three months. But it's been brilliant". When he finishes playing football, he says it would be "a dream" to be a greyhound trainer.

However the SMGH facebook site they set up seems to be dead so I guess it would be better for him to stick to football as long as he can!

Anyway we of course wish him the best in his game against us providing he ends up on the losing side.

Here he is scoring the winning goal in last seasons play-off final against Bradford.

So he's done us one big favour already (I doubt many Bradford fans will be reading this!)

Enjoy -

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum