Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED

+11
Leeds_Trotter
Cajunboy
wanderlust
gloswhite
MartinBWFC
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Empty Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Fri Aug 18 2017, 11:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - Accounts up until 31st December 2016 just released

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Mon Aug 21 2017, 11:43; edited 1 time in total

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bet that took him a long time to write up and sign off

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lots of analysis involved no doubt

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yet this company owns around a third of our club and hotel.

Nice one Deano.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Current assets of a quid? When did Deano buy the team?

Natasha Whittam wrote:Current assets of a quid? When did Deano buy the team?
:rofl:

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I fancy buying the club..... I'll pay a Tenner and Dean can keep the change....I'm that sort of bloke.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't today the big day when all this has to be sorted? No more extensions i heard.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, they are in court today, but I wouldn't bank on it being sorted today

10Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Mon Aug 21 2017, 11:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Yes, they are in court today, but I wouldn't bank on it being sorted today
Sports Shield liquidated!!!

11Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Mon Aug 21 2017, 11:42

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Yes, they are in court today, but I wouldn't bank on it being sorted today
So what effect does this have on the club?

12Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Mon Aug 21 2017, 11:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SPORTS Shield BWFC, the company owning 37.5 per cent of the shares in Bolton Wanderers, has been liquidated.

A London court decided this morning to uphold a winding-up petition filed by lenders BluMarble over a £5million loan taken out in March last year.

Sports Shield BWFC owner Holdsworth did not contest the decision and his shares are now in the hands of the liquidators.

Talks took place between majority shareholder Ken Anderson, who still owns 57.5 per cent of the shares, BluMarble, Holdsworth and prospective bidders throughout the weekend in an effort to avoid the company being dissolved but failed to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

Wanderers issued the following statement to The Bolton News: “We welcome the verdict and are currently speaking with our professional advisors.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Mon Aug 21 2017, 11:49

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
So what effect does this have on the club?

The Wanderers board seem to like the outcome:

Wanderers issued the following statement to The Bolton News: “We welcome the verdict and are currently speaking with our professional advisors.”

14Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Mon Aug 21 2017, 12:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are we now due a shafting from the EFL? Thanks Deano you absolute bellend  Rolling Eyes

15Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Mon Aug 21 2017, 12:45

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He may be a bellend, but at least he tried to ensure the club stayed alive. The problem is that we now have to keep shovelling shit until were thrown a lifeline.

16Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Mon Aug 21 2017, 12:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But has this caused us more problems Glos? He never did have the money to pay back the loan he took out.

17Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Mon Aug 21 2017, 13:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:He may be a bellend, but at least he tried to ensure the club stayed alive. The problem is that we now have to keep shovelling shit until were thrown a lifeline.

To be honest you, I, or anyone else could have taken out a loan and secured it on the clubs assets - so Holdsworth is certainly never been a saviour of the club like many seem to think he is/was.

18Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Mon Aug 21 2017, 13:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it's just the whole mismanagement of the whole sorry saga that annoys me. Why did dear old Uncle Eddie not sort out a sale of the club to someone who actually had the cash to take over? 

He must have known for a long time he was going to pull out of the club so why couldn't he have set the wheels in motion sooner? Instead he left it till the last minute to sell to Deano who then had to bring in KA as the other fella dropped out. If the plan to write off the debt was always part of the plan whoever took over then i don't understand why we ended up with Deano at all?

I don't hold KA responsible for any of this by the way, he has at least tried to make things more stable but Davies and Holdsworth deserve all the shit that gets thrown their way over this.

19Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Mon Aug 21 2017, 13:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So what happens to the 37.5% shareholding if they've been liquidated? Surely those shares should have appeared in the accounts as an asset, so as they didn't, have they already been handed to the creditors?

20Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Mon Aug 21 2017, 13:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A video explanation on BBC Radio Manchester Sports twitter here -

Well worth a view (2 minutes long)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum