Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Sheff Weds

+5
terenceanne
Growler
Cajunboy
Norpig
karlypants
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Parkinson Thought - Sheff Weds Empty What Parkinson Thought - Sheff Weds Wed Nov 28 2018, 08:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers fell to a 1-0 away defeat at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday in the Sky Bet Championship on Tuesday evening.

A Tom Lees header early in the second half saw the Owls take three points in this clash.

When speaking to bwfc.co.uk after the game, manager Phil Parkinson covered these topics…

On his assessment of the game…

“I thought apart from the first 15 minutes of the second half, we were the better team.”

“I thought Sheffield Wednesday were there for the taking tonight.

“First half, we controlled the game for long periods.

“I thought they got a lift with Forestieri coming on and he lifted the crowd in the early part of that second half.

“We can only blame ourselves for that, as we knew kicking towards that end that they start quick and that is the thing that has cost us.

“It is very frustrating because over the 90 minutes, the lads have given endeavour and honesty.”

On it being frustrating to concede from a set-piece…

“I don’t think Ben has hardly touched the ball all night and it is a soft goal to concede.

“It is being switched on in that particular moment that has determined whether we got anything from tonight.

“I felt that over the 90 minutes we were more than a match for them.”

On creating chances…

“We need somebody to produce a moment for a team that is running hard, tackling and challenging for everything a much needed lift.

“We just need a moment of quality and we have been striving for that.

“We have changed the personnel, we’ve changed the shape and I feel it is within the group.

“But like I have said to them, we need to step up, play and produce those moments.

“It is all about producing when it really matters.”

On not being able to build on a positive result away at Millwall…

“We came here to build on it and made a couple of changes.

“In general we played okay but the mentality at the start of both halves is frustrating.

“There is not much more I can say other than the lads are completely out on their feet in the dressing room.

“We have had to change the shape a couple of times to try and get back into it and it may have become a bit disjointed.

“However, with those half chances, we need to make the opposition work more.”

On getting the group going again with Wigan Athletic coming up at the weekend…

“It is a big game for us and we will go and watch them tomorrow night and see what they are all about.

“We have to come out fighting at the weekend.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need a moment of quality he says but Oztumer is not even on the bench. No one cares what you think now Parky.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Parky is hoping to hang on to his job for a few more defeats.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Cajunboy wrote:Parky is hoping to hang on to his job for a few more defeats.
I think he'd rather get sacked now and receive his pay off.I can't see Ken sacking him however crap the results and performances though.
For Parky not to be Bolton manager he'd have to resign but then he'd lose his pay off.And the vast majority don't do that.

There is a similarity to the situation at Man Utd.Mourinho is miserable because he knows he has failed there and won't be turning it around but he won't be sacked yet because the Glazers won't pay the money to sack him.Apparantly there is a failure clause in Jose's contract which means it is cheaper to sack him when he fails to qualify for the CL so it should be later this season when they get rid.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would can PP and put the U18/23 coach in......no league experience....so what....parky has experience and how's that working out for us. It cannot be any worse.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken doesn't have to sack PP, he could just put him on gardening leave or reassign him to emptying the bins.

Then he gives the job to someone else already on the BWFC payroll.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Give it to the guy who is emptying the bins now, he is used to dealing with rubbish!

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not interested what that fucking idiot thought !!! Mad Mad Mad

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

old saying from a mate of mine in the US Navy. Sierra Squared, Delta Squared.

Translation: Same Shit, Different Day.

Basically it's used when someone's assigned a really boring, meaningless, repetitive duty as punishment for some failure on their part. In phil's case we're now at Sierra CUBED, Delta cubed.

10What Parkinson Thought - Sheff Weds Empty Re: What Parkinson Thought - Sheff Weds Thu Nov 29 2018, 08:22

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

luckyPeterpiper wrote:old saying from a mate of mine in the US Navy. Sierra Squared, Delta Squared.

Translation: Same Shit, Different Day.

Basically it's used when someone's assigned a really boring, meaningless, repetitive duty as punishment for some failure on their part. In phil's case we're now at Sierra CUBED, Delta cubed.

So true.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum