Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED

+11
Leeds_Trotter
Cajunboy
wanderlust
gloswhite
MartinBWFC
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

91Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Thu Aug 24 2017, 15:54

Bellend57 wrote:Lucky l don't have to worry about being censored then
yeah, lucky us  :suicide:

92Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Thu Aug 24 2017, 15:55

Natasha Whittam wrote:If he was offered mod status then this is my final post.
..dunno..

93Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Thu Aug 24 2017, 16:00

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Don't worry Natasha it was swiftly rejected

94Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Thu Aug 24 2017, 16:03

Pretentioustwat57 wrote:Don't worry Natasha it was swiftly rejected
You really are a pretentious twat arent you manning.

95Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Thu Aug 24 2017, 16:11

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

y2johnny wrote:

Furthest thing from

96Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Thu Aug 24 2017, 16:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I asked him if he would be interested in leading a part of the forum about 'Other Football' as he clearly has interests in football beyond just our club - a bit like Wessy did when the Olympics was on - being interested and involved in athletics and all that.

I had hoped it would help make the forum busier and stir a bit more of an interest in things in the football world other than BWFC.

I said he could have mod powers for this part of the forum if that would help him in running this new section (such as for merging threads or removing double posts, etc).

Mr Manning politely turned me down hence the feeble stab I made of it myself earlier today.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shame really, as I thought he would have made an excellent job of it without it being much of an effort in it for him, already having the interest in the Premier, Europe and England games than many of us don't really seem to have.

Onwards and upwards though!

Johnny - being a mod doesn't stop you from calling people bellends (if they deserve it!).

Just let us know if you want to be a mod again - we'd love to have you back if you did.

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Aug 24 2017, 16:16; edited 1 time in total

97Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Thu Aug 24 2017, 16:14

Oblivious57 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Furthest thing from
Well if that is true you are certainly doing your self no favours with your "above everybody else" attitude you always display

98Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Thu Aug 24 2017, 16:24

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think I have but will take on board what you've said. As for being pretentious then I'm surprised you haven't given our mate Ellis/Ten the same treatment

99Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Thu Aug 24 2017, 16:27

Because in all the years you have posted, granted on and off, you always come on, have a dig, offer sweet fuck all other than snide remarks and comments and then fuck off again.  Like i said earlier.  He has contributed more in 3 days entertainment wise (whether factual or not) than you have in 3 years.

100Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Thu Aug 24 2017, 16:40

Sluffy wrote:

Johnny - being a mod doesn't stop you from calling people bellends (if they deserve it!).

Just let us know if you want to be a mod again - we'd love to have you back if you did.
Cheers Sluffy but with work and the kids i'm not about too much these days.  Plus Nat doesn't like people with power greater than hers and she still thinks i'm called cecil in real life so i am looking to keep that up too!

101Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Fri Aug 25 2017, 07:39

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've been thinking that my work isn't finished, Sluffy. Have you been thinking?

Do you still think that there's some great mystery that's not been revealed about the financing of the club during Uncle Eddie's ownership?

Do you stll think that the 30-odd pages of copious notes and audited accounts BWFC produced every year might have been works of fabrication and fiction that's covered up some gigantic fraud?

Do you still think its impossible that the £100million Uncle Eddie invested in emerging markets in 2005 produced the £170million he lent to BWFC over the next ten years?

Could it not be the case that every relevant statement the club has made has been true all along and that the water has been persistently muddied by indivduals with excessive imaginations and defective powers of reasoning?

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Aug 25 2017, 09:12; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Needed improving)

102Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Fri Aug 25 2017, 08:04

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I hope members will forgive me for not commenting previously on the SportsShield BWFC Ltd (dormant?) balance sheet.

Accepting that the ten bob invested in Burnden Leisure is too small to register, where is:
1.The loan from BluMarble
2.The loan to BWFC
3. The interest and charges both ways

How can it be dormant when it has bought shares and both borrowed and loaned money? Or have these transactions been recorded in some other name?

The club's auditors were not satisfied with the information they got on this saga. Is that surprising?

..dunno..

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Aug 25 2017, 08:56; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation & improvement)

103Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Fri Aug 25 2017, 09:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I've been thinking that my work isn't finished, Sluffy. Have you been thinking?

Do you still think that there's some great mystery that's not been revealed about the financing of the club during Uncle Eddie's ownership?

Do you stll think that the 30-odd pages of copious notes and audited accounts BWFC produced every year might have been works of fabrication and fiction that's covered up some gigantic fraud?

Do you still think its impossible that the £100million Uncle Eddie invested in emerging markets in 2005 produced the £170million he lent to BWFC over the next ten years?

Your public awaits.

My public couldn't give a squat about what I think and even I've never been bothered about opening up books that have long been closed, such as what may or may not have happened under the Davies regime.

Anyway out of politeness I will reply to you nevertheless.

I've already stated above in this very thread that I don't doubt Davies invested the money shown by the clubs account into the business - so no I don't think they are lies and fiction - and more to the point never have.  Indeed I've argued the point with others that the books are independently audited and no respectable audit company would compromise its reputation by signing of dodgy accounts just for us.

I can't remember all the details now and I'm certainly not going to bother myself looking them up just to please you but Davies provided a line of credit to the club from one of his other 'business's'.

This business though was not recorded as having Davies 'own' it but rather that he had a financial 'interest' in it.  This led me to speculate that others could well have financial 'interests' in it too.  In other words not all the money going into the business to invest were necessarily coming out of Eddie Davies back pocket.

Also I didn't think for one moment that Davies financial interests in places like Brazilian shopping malls were again financed solely by himself - other people were investing - and therefore taking some of the profit from these ventures - or sharing the loss.

Davies never owned the patents on the kettles - and as far as I'm aware that is where the real wealth of Strix came from?

And to repeat myself now for the third time on this thread - it is all now water under the bridge.

I don't care if I was right or wrong about Davies.

He put money into the club (whether it was his own or someone else's is neither here or there to me now).

The clubs moved on - I've moved on too.

No point worry about something that as already passed is there?

104Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Fri Aug 25 2017, 09:23

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks for replying to the earlier version of my questions. I changed them a tad later.

I think you are still muddying the waters a bit, Sluffy. And btw it does matter because Uncle Eddie is President of the club and it still owes him money and there are still outstanding charges registered in the name of Moonshift.

And I also think that recording history accurately is quite important even if you and Manning don't.

105Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Fri Aug 25 2017, 09:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Thanks for replying to the earlier version of my questions. I changed them a tad later.

I think you are still muddying the waters a bit, Sluffy. And btw it does matter because Uncle Eddie is President of the club and it still owes him money and there are still outstanding charges registered in the name of Moonshift.

And I also think that recording history accurately is quite important even if you and Manning don't.

As far as I was aware the debt still owed to Davies helps prevents potential asset stripping by any new owners and is only to be paid back based on the clubs performance - ie if we could ever afford to repay it by becoming successful again within a certain time frame.

Also history is written by the victors, or so they say - so I wouldn't always take it that any history book is a true and accurate reflection as to what actually happened at the time!

106Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Fri Aug 25 2017, 09:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I hope members will forgive me for not commenting previously on the SportsShield BWFC Ltd (dormant?) balance sheet.

Accepting that the ten bob invested in Burnden Leisure is too small to register, where is:
2.The loan to BWFC

How can it be dormant when it has bought shares and both borrowed and loaned money? Or have these transactions been recorded in some other name?
Because it's a balance sheet i.e. a snapshot of the value of the club at a particular point in time.
This balance sheet was obviously produced after the shares and other assets were disposed of  presumably to the liquidators - like a final bank statement after you've closed the account.

Now if you want the story of the ins and outs and what went on over e.g. the last year, you'll be needing a P & L and the previous financial statements to compare against.

107Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Fri Aug 25 2017, 11:00

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Thanks for replying to the earlier version of my questions. I changed them a tad later.

As far as I was aware the debt still owed to Davies helps prevents potential asset stripping by any new owners and is only to be paid back based on the clubs performance - ie if we could ever afford to repay it by becoming successful again within a certain time frame.

Also history is written by the victors, or so they say - so I wouldn't always take it that any history book is a true and accurate reflection as to what actually happened at the time!

I do know that from personal experience since a few years ago I was mentioned, in complimentary terms, in a book written by an eminent historian. But I also know that the historian relied on accounts given by individuals keen to exaggerate their part in certain events when their efforts towards a successful outcome were mostly minimal and for five years counter-productive.

The historian was a nice guy who knew a lot about the Bourbons but not much about finance or the machinations of certain types of individual.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Aug 25 2017, 11:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling)

108Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Fri Aug 25 2017, 11:06

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:I hope members will forgive me for not commenting previously on the SportsShield BWFC Ltd (dormant?) balance sheet.

2.The loan to BWFC

Because it's a balance sheet i.e. a snapshot of the value of the club at a particular point in time.
This balance sheet was obviously produced after the shares and other assets were disposed of  presumably to the liquidators - like a final bank statement after you've closed the account.

Now if you want the story of the ins and outs and what went on over e.g. the last year, you'll be needing a P & L and the previous financial statements to compare against.
Sorry old pal, but the balance sheet is, in this case, a statement of the position of the company at 31 December 2016. Btw I am now well into my fifth decade as a qualified chartered accountant

109Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Fri Aug 25 2017, 11:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

2.The loan to BWFC

Sorry old pal, but the balance sheet is, in this case, a statement of the position of the company at 31 December 2016. Btw I am now well into my fifth decade as a qualified chartered accountant
Apologies. In that case I'm stumped because Deano borrowed the money and bought club shares in February 2016 (approx) so the only thing I can think of is that by the end of the year the shares etc had been shifted into another entity - leaving a zero balance.
To check this we'd still need a P&L/CFF for the period as you know. Would that be now available at Companies' House? It would be a damned sight more useful to get an insight into what happened than the published Balance Sheet.

110Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 6 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Fri Aug 25 2017, 12:02

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

2.The loan to BWFC

Apologies. In that case I'm stumped because Deano borrowed the money and bought club shares in February 2016 (approx) so the only thing I can think of is that by the end of the year the shares etc had been shifted into another entity - leaving a zero balance.
To check this we'd still need a P&L/CFF for the period as you know. Would that be now available at Companies' House? It would be a damned sight more useful to get an insight into what happened than the published Balance Sheet.
Its not the shares I'm talking about. They only cost ten bob. Its the £5million BluMarble loan that's missing and the £4million loan to the club that was paid out of it. Both were outstanding then and still are. That's why the case was in court this week

Small companies btw are not required to publish P&L accounts and even balance sheet info is limited to basics.

Ken filed a dormant balance sheet too. I don't think that was technically correct but not much happened in that company other than the ten bob investment so I wouldn't lose much sleep over that one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum