Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meanwhile other Wanderers News today - Freedman and shorts!

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dougie Freedman: Crystal Palace appoint former player and manager as sporting director

Crystal Palace have appointed former player and manager Dougie Freedman as the club's sporting director.
Freedman, 43, has not managed since he was sacked by Nottingham Forest in March 2016 after 13 months in charge.
The Scot made 330 league appearances in two spells at Palace, taking over as manager in January 2011 before leaving to join Bolton in October 2012.
"I felt this was a position the club needed," said Palace manager Frank de Boer, 47.
"I always worked with a sporting director during my time as manager at Ajax - I am looking forward to working with Dougie in this transfer window and beyond."
Freedman applied for the vacant head coach role at Hearts earlier this month, saying the Scottish Premiership side's director of football model would play to his strengths.
Dutchman De Boer, who was appointed to succeed Sam Allardyce in the summer, has started the Premier League season with back-to-back defeats by Huddersfield and Liverpool.
"This is a position I have been looking to fill for a while," said Eagles chairman Steve Parish.
"I'm delighted that Dougie has agreed to accept the position and look forward to continuing Crystal Palace's progression to become a solid Premier League club with the right infrastructure."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bolton Wanderers confirms new partnership with University of Bolton

Bolton Wanderers are delighted to confirm that the University of Bolton will become the club’s first shorts sponsor.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Phil Parkinson’s men will sport the University’s branding on the reverse of their shorts in all competitions throughout the 2017/18 season.
The University of Bolton has a long standing partnership with Bolton Wanderers Football Club and will become a Platinum Partner which will see their advertising feature across all digital platforms at Macron Stadium.
Commercial Manager John Ashley said: “Two institutions within the town forming a valuable partnership will add value to the community.
“The University’s LED advertising messages will give their education opportunities a wider reach across the UK through the television coverage Bolton Wanderers receives.”
Anna Fitzpatrick, Head of Sport and Biomedical Sciences said: “The partnership between these two Bolton organisations is one we are extremely proud to be continuing. Bolton Wanderers FC and the university share a strong sporting heritage, and the University of Bolton is excited to support the club in the upcoming season while further developing our involvement.
“This close working relationship provides us with the opportunity to increase awareness of the university’s offering alongside a long-standing partner, while providing our students with the very best facilities and experiences.”
Bolton Wanderers will continue to use the state-of-the-art, £31m Bolton One sports complex for testing and rehabilitation, which is located on the university campus. The project was commissioned jointly between the university, Bolton Council and NHS Bolton to provide professional facilities to both students and the local community.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum