Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton

+9
wessy
Banks of the Croal
boltonbonce
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Number8bus
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Norpig
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Mon Oct 21 2019, 10:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is going to be a tough game as well, can't see us getting anything from this one either to be honest so i reckon a 2-0 defeat.

I would like to see a change upfront though as Murphy has looked poor so far. Give Dodoo a go upfront, he's a big lad and can hold it up if needed and he has pace. A front 3 of Verlinden, Dodoo and Politic sounds good to me and would cause teams problems.

2Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 01:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:This is going to be a tough game as well, can't see us getting anything from this one either to be honest so i reckon a 2-0 defeat.

I would like to see a change upfront though as Murphy has looked poor so far. Give Dodoo a go upfront, he's a big lad and can hold it up if needed and he has pace. A front 3 of Verlinden, Dodoo and Politic sounds good to me and would cause teams problems.
Lovely thought but I can't see Hill going with that. Just hope that Murphy comes good.....

3Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 13:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll not be on the chatbox tonight as i'm taking my lad to watch City vs Atalanta as a birthday treat, he's 12 tomorrow.
I'll be wearing a Bolton t-shirt under my coat  Very Happy

4Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 16:47

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Only Bolton could sign a Dodo.

5Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 17:58

Number8bus

Number8bus
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Can't see us getting anything out of this. The Gas Rats ain't a bad side... 3-0 to them.

6Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 19:29

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 19:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal guys!

8Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 21:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Finally get our first win of the season and against everyones expectations. 2 goals and a clean sheet to go with it! Fantastic!

9Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 21:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enjoyed that. Daryl Murphy MOTM for me.

10Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 21:49

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

At last ... come on Bolton !!!

11Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 21:52

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What a great result, you never know we might still make a fist of it.

12Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 21:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll have to get Norpig to go and watch City more often. Very Happy

13Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 22:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:We'll have to get Norpig to go and watch City more often. Very Happy
I bet he's gutted he had to watch City and not able to listen to the game this evening. Very Happy

14Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 22:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe we have scored 2 goals in 1 game! Very Happy

15Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 22:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I can't believe we have scored 2 goals in 1 game! Very Happy
Could have been more if we'd taken our chances KP.

16Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 23:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:I can't believe we have scored 2 goals in 1 game! Very Happy
Could have been more if we'd taken our chances KP.

True that mate. Just glad we have our first win under our belts. cheers

Let's hope we go on a bit of a run now.

17Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 23:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:We'll have to get Norpig to go and watch City more often. Very Happy
I bet he's gutted he had to watch City and not able to listen to the game this evening. Very Happy
Too bloody true  Very Happy

18Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 23:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still a bit gobsmacked and delighted Murphy came good - as per above Very Happy

19Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Tue Oct 22 2019, 23:57

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Apparently we have two blokes in charge now who want to play attacking football....4-3-3 away from home.....not sitting back etc.
Already this season we have seen footy none of us are used to in the last few years. 
And all with kids and cast-offs.....Imagine if these blokes had some money and no embargo.

Carry on Keith & Dave.

20Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Wed Oct 23 2019, 00:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Bolton Wanderers

Goals in either half from Luke Murphy and Daryl Murphy saw Bolton Wanderers claim a memorable victory against Bristol Rovers at the Memorial Ground.

Bouncing back in fine fashion following Saturday’s defeat at the hands of Rochdale, Wanderers put in a solid performance to pick up their first win of the campaign.

Luke Murphy put the visitors in front after a quarter of an hour before his namesake Daryl Murphy confirmed the victory deep into the second half to ensure the maximum points headed back to the North West.

With a fresh wave of injuries to contend with, manager Keith Hill made four changes from the side that lost to Rochdale at the weekend. Josh Earl, Chris O’Grady, Joe Dodoo and Luke Murphy came into the starting XI at the expense of Adam Senior, Thibaud Verlinden, Dennis Politic and Sonny Graham.

The hosts were fastest out of the traps and Remi Matthews had to be alert to keep out a powerful header off Victor Adeboyejo’s by making a fantastic save low to his left hand side.

Just a minute later and Rovers sensed another opportunity to open the scoring when Tom Nichols spotted Matthews off his line but his shot from 25 yards out went narrowly wide.

Wanderers soon settled and were carving out chances for themselves. The lively Dodoo was soon in the action and his cross found Jason Lowe 30 yards from goal but the midfielder’s first time drive was kept out well by Anssi Jaakkola.

The impressive Ali Crawford was put through by a smart O’Grady pass. Although his shot beat the dive of Jaakkola, the ball came agonizingly off the post.

Wanderers were starting to gain control of the match and Daryl Murphy showed some adept footwork to lose his man before watching his long range shot deflect for a corner.

The big Irishman then latched onto a loose ball to run into the box. He then teed up Crawford whose low drive was successfully kept out by Jaakkola.

A rare effort from the hosts fell to home captain Ollie Clarke but his 20-yard drive was well wide of target.

Wanderers were rewarded for their bright start after 16 minutes when Luke Murphy netted his first of the campaign. The midfielder, who returned to the starting line up after coming off the bench against Rochdale, played a lovely one-two as he cantered into the box before seeing his shot deflect past Jaakkola.

The goal gave the visitors some extra impetus and Dodoo watched his dangerous looking low cross get cleared by Alfie Kilgour.

Another wasteful effort from the hosts saw Ed Upson volley a fierce drive well wide of target from distance.

Dodoo wasn’t giving the home defenders any respite down the right hand side and his cross was diverted behind by Rodman when it looked to be landing at the feet of Daryl Murphy at the far post.

On the half hour mark, Clarke saw a dipping volley go narrowly over the bar as Rovers were looking to restore parity.

Matthews made a comfortable save when he held on to Clarke’s firm drive from outside the box.

Some good defending by Yoan Zouma kept out Michael Kelly’s low centre five minutes before the break.

Wanderers held on to their lead, for which they were good value, as they headed into the break.

No changes were made prior to the restart with Wanderers eager to increase their slender advantage.

After Nichols was shown a yellow for pulling back Lowe, Crawford’s resulting free-kick just evaded the outstretched left of Dodoo at the far post.

On the hour mark, Kilgour struck an effort just over the bar after Kelly’s free-kick deflected off the stoic Wanderers wall.

Crawford was desperately unlucky not to find the back of the net after pouncing on Jaakkola’s spilled ball after the Rovers keeper couldn’t keep hold of Daryl Murphy’s powerful low shot.

Matthews made an important stop as he held onto Tony Craig’s header from Kelly’s pinpoint cross into the box.

Hill’s men doubled their advantage thanks to Daryl Murphy’s first goal in Wanderers colours. The striker was put through by Crawford and he kept his cool to expertly slot past the advancing Jaakkola.

Rovers almost got themselves back into the contest but were thwarted by the woodwork when Upson’s free-kick bounced off the bar.

Despite this, Wanderers were searching for a third and Crawford, hungry for a goal, volleyed wide after Dodoo nodded down a cross from Adam Chicksen.

Adeboyejo went wide with a shot after losing his marker and turning towards goal.

Josh Emmanuel almost got a third for Wanderers right at the death when his shot from the edge of the box went just over the bar.

But Wanderers claimed their first victory of the campaign and were excellent value for the three points.

They now travel to Lincoln City on Saturday where they will be aiming to follow up with another mighty performance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum