Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Craig Noone signed - Official

+3
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Craig Noone signed - Official  Empty Craig Noone signed - Official Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers are delighted to announce the arrival of winger Craig Noone on a two-year deal from Cardiff City, subject to international clearance.

Having moved to South Wales in the summer of 2012, the 29-year-old made 170 appearances for the Bluebirds in all competitions and scored 19 goals in the years that followed.

He also played a key figure in the City team who won automatic promotion to the Premier League in 2013.

Earlier in his career, the Kirby-born wideman spent his formative years in the game with Skelmersdale United, Burscough and Southport before securing his Football League break with Plymouth Argyle in 2008.

Impressing for the Pilgrims, as well as enjoying a loan stint with Exeter City during his time at Home Park, Noone was snapped up by then-League One outfit Brighton & Hove Albion in late 2010.

His 18-months on the south coast saw him make 64 appearances for the Seagulls in league and cup, helping them win promotion to the second tier in 2011, before Cardiff came calling five summers ago.

And having agreed terms with Wanderers on a permanent contract, Noone will link-up with his new teammates ahead of next weekend’s Sky Bet Championship clash with Middlesbrough.

Speaking following confirmation of his arrival, Noone said, “I am delighted to get it all sorted and I cannot wait to play for Bolton Wanderers.

“There had been some interest from other clubs, but Bolton was always my first choice.

“They are a massive club and I am looking forward to getting going.”

Manager Phil Parkinson also added, “I’m pleased to get Craig on board. He’s got a lot of experience in the Championship and we’re really looking forward to working with him.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Craig Noone signed - Official  Empty Re: Craig Noone signed - Official Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:13 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3Craig Noone signed - Official  Empty Re: Craig Noone signed - Official Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:14 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:facepalm:

I think we're short on right wingers, Parky.

4Craig Noone signed - Official  Empty Re: Craig Noone signed - Official Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:18 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

5Craig Noone signed - Official  Empty Re: Craig Noone signed - Official Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:21 pm

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Also an experienced roofer having worked on steven gerrards extension, always good to have a trade to fall back on and the east stand lower is starting to leak a bit.

6Craig Noone signed - Official  Empty Re: Craig Noone signed - Official Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ex-Cardiff City and Brighton winger Craig Noone can't wait to get going after Bolton Wanderers switch

WANDERERS have completed the signing of Cardiff City winger Craig Noone on a two-year deal.
The 29-year-old midfielder cancelled his contract with the Bluebirds by mutual consent, leaving him free to sign at the Macron Stadium.
Noone had fallen out of favour this season under Neil Warnock after making more than 170 appearances in five years in South Wales.
He previously played for Exeter, Plymouth Argyle and Brighton.
Speaking following confirmation of his arrival, Noone said: “I am delighted to get it all sorted and I cannot wait to play for Bolton Wanderers.

“There had been some interest from other clubs, but Bolton was always my first choice.
“They are a massive club and I am looking forward to getting going.”
Manager Phil Parkinson added: “I’m pleased to get Craig on board. He’s got a lot of experience in the Championship and we’re really looking forward to working with him.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7Craig Noone signed - Official  Empty Re: Craig Noone signed - Official Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:38 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All those five goals are with his left foot, so his he not a left winger ?

8Craig Noone signed - Official  Empty Re: Craig Noone signed - Official Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:44 pm

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

4 of the five goals he cuts in from the right wing, think that makes him a right winger, thought he had played central but we do not need any more wide players, don't get this signing when we have a limit on number of players.

9Craig Noone signed - Official  Empty Re: Craig Noone signed - Official Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I accept he played on the right, however he looks totally left footed so that makes him a left winger played on the right, with other right wingers on the books maybe he would be deployed on the other flank to balance the squad.

10Craig Noone signed - Official  Empty Re: Craig Noone signed - Official Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:35 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think wingers playing on their "wrong wing" is a double edged sword and that the general trend has been towards the idea that they can cut inside and shoot on their stronger foot and are therefore more of a goal threat - would love to see the stats. 
Would also like to see the stats on goals scored from crosses from wingers - because using wingers on the "wrong wing" would theoretically reduce the number of quality crosses and therefore goals scored from them.
Obviously the ideal is to have two-footed wingers.
(Insert limb count joke of your choice here)

11Craig Noone signed - Official  Empty Re: Craig Noone signed - Official Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:32 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he can score more goals like in the clip above i'll be more than happy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum