Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING Ken Anderson acquires Sports Shield's stake in the club.

+7
Bollotom2014
Kane57
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Kane57 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Kane57 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Kane57 wrote:Christ some of the replies to that....bet they wouldn't be so happy if they knew that the club was now in debt to BM and not SSBWFC
The club has been in debt to BM since the last takeover. You don't have spout some shite.

SSBWFC, not the club
Who owned a stake in the club and used our Stadium as collateral. Don't know why you have such a problem with Ken & Co. At the end of the day we are in this mess because of one man, and that man is Eddie Davies. He stopped paying the wages as soon as he decided he wanted out. Him and Phil left us with the huge wage bill and debt. Ken is trying to get it all back under control best he can. Fuck knows what you expect him to do, nobody with deep pockets wants us so this is the best we've got.

Not sure why you seem to think I'm upset at this deal
Every chance you get to take a dig at Ken or Lee you do so. That's why most the fans dislike you and the site you write for. All you ever do is pull the club, players or new owners to bits.

You didn't bother to reply to my previous plea so I'll ask again - show me where I've taken a dig. I've met them both numerous times and they've always been very courteous to me. Might be worth checking the evidence of your own eyes rather than blindly believing what people write online.

Come on lads, lets not fall out on the day we've finally had a bit of good news.

I've crossed swords with Mr Manning numerous times but at the end of the day I consider him a good guy who from time to time posts stuff that gets up peoples noses (sometimes deliberately so!).

I don't let the occasional bollocks he writes upset me - and no doubt he thinks the same about some of the stuff I write too.

Let's draw a line under it now that Holdsworth and his supporters have lost the battle to keep the shares away from Mr Anderson and are now out of the picture.

At least from now on life at the club we follow should be a little bit less financially complicated!

Very Happy

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Kind words Sluffy but not required - fully understand that once things are written on the internet they become accepted fact, regardless of the reality.

I've definitely got my reservations about Ken but ultimately if he does what's best for himself (which I think he is doing) then that by natural association has to mean some sort of good deal for Wanderers, which i am fine with.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers could come out of transfer embargo after Ken Anderson becomes sole owner 

WANDERERS could make a late dash to come out of a transfer embargo after Ken Anderson completed a deal to become sole owner today.
The club chairman announced his company, Inner Circle Investments, had sealed an agreement with liquidators Quantuma to purchase the 37.5 per cent of shares formerly owned by Dean Holdsworth’s Sports Shield BWFC, taking their overall stake to 95 per cent.
Mr Anderson has also agreed a new arrangement with BluMarble finance, which leaves the path clear for him to present a business plan to the Football League and request the removal of transfer restrictions, which have been in place since December 2015.

It is expected paperwork will be completed on the new arrangement in between 24 to 48 hours.
Wanderers have been unable to pay a fee for a permanent or loan signing during the entirety of Phil Parkinson’s tenure as manager.
“I am extremely pleased that this matter has been brought to a satisfactory conclusion and we can now all concentrate on taking the business forward without any further off-field distractions, which have been so publicly aired in the past,” said Mr Anderson in a club statement.
“I would very much like to thank BluMarble for all of their co-operation in swiftly concluding the situation in respect of the outstanding loan. Throughout these negotiations their desire was to minimise any damage to the business and have remained very supportive of the football club.
“I’d like to thank all our loyal fans for their continued patience and support throughout this period when people who do not have the best interests in our football club have tried to destabilise the business for their own benefit.

“Now, with this issue fully resolved we can now all fully concentrate on supporting Phil Parkinson, his staff and the players without any distractions.”
Shabbir Khiliji, the Bolton-based businessman, had mounted a rival bid for control of the club and had still been hoping to seal a deal up until yesterday afternoon.

It is understood the EFL had indicated to Andrew Hosking, who was acting on behalf of Quantuma, that serious penalties could be imposed on the club if an agreement was not reached within a specific time frame.
The possibility of a 12 or even 14-point deduction had been mooted, which would have almost certainly condemned the club to relegation and made it more difficult to sell in the long run.
That prompted all parties into action yesterday afternoon, with an announcement made just a few hours after Holdsworth’s resignation had been confirmed from all positions at the Macron Stadium.
Wanderers have been restricted to a 23-man professional staff for the last two seasons under the terms of the transfer embargo and were able to pay a maximum weekly wage of just £4,500 to new signings within that limit.
It remains to be seen whether the embargo can be shifted on deadline day itself but the club may be able to seek dispensation from the EFL to add new recruits on the proviso it is in the pipeline.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sluffy wrote:
Kane57 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Kane57 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Kane57 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Kane57 wrote:Christ some of the replies to that....bet they wouldn't be so happy if they knew that the club was now in debt to BM and not SSBWFC
The club has been in debt to BM since the last takeover. You don't have spout some shite.

SSBWFC, not the club
Who owned a stake in the club and used our Stadium as collateral. Don't know why you have such a problem with Ken & Co. At the end of the day we are in this mess because of one man, and that man is Eddie Davies. He stopped paying the wages as soon as he decided he wanted out. Him and Phil left us with the huge wage bill and debt. Ken is trying to get it all back under control best he can. Fuck knows what you expect him to do, nobody with deep pockets wants us so this is the best we've got.

Not sure why you seem to think I'm upset at this deal
Every chance you get to take a dig at Ken or Lee you do so. That's why most the fans dislike you and the site you write for. All you ever do is pull the club, players or new owners to bits.

You didn't bother to reply to my previous plea so I'll ask again - show me where I've taken a dig. I've met them both numerous times and they've always been very courteous to me. Might be worth checking the evidence of your own eyes rather than blindly believing what people write online.

Come on lads, lets not fall out on the day we've finally had a bit of good news.

I've crossed swords with Mr Manning numerous times but at the end of the day I consider him a good guy who from time to time posts stuff that gets up peoples noses (sometimes deliberately so!).

I don't let the occasional bollocks he writes upset me - and no doubt he thinks the same about some of the stuff I write too.

Let's draw a line under it now that Holdsworth and his supporters have lost the battle to keep the shares away from Mr Anderson and are now out of the picture.

At least from now on life at the club we follow should be a little bit less financially complicated!

Very Happy
:sick:

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy

:sick:

Blessed are the peacemakers - or so they say!

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane called me a bad name in 2008 and I'm still waiting for an apology.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Can't have been me, was probably 10 bob when his benefits didn't come in on time

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I would hope that the EFL will now stop the arseing around and that Ken puts THEM under scrutiny that they apply the same standards to all clubs. At least the finger wagging should die down now.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

His best mate heads up the EFL, Ken won't do shit

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've been assuming that most people understands the joke of Ten Bob's user name but maybe the youngsters on here simply haven't a clue about it.

Back in the days before decimalisation of our money (1971) we used to have a system known as Pounds, Shillings and Pence.

There were 12 penny's to make a shilling and 20 shillings to make a pound.

For some reason I don't know about a shilling was nicknamed a 'bob'.

Half a pound then was 10 shillings or in slang 10 bob.

So...

Ten Bobsworth is exactly the same as 50p's worth is in todays language - which is the amount both Holdsworth and Anderson bought their shares in the club for!

Quite clever really - but I guess you probably have to be over the age of 50 to get the joke.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Think you're giving him too much credit

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I've been assuming that most people understands the joke of Ten Bob's user name but maybe the youngsters on here simply haven't a clue about it.

Back in the days before decimalisation of our money (1971) we used to have a system known as Pounds, Shillings and Pence.

So...

Ten Bobsworth is exactly the same as 50p's worth is in todays language - which is the amount both Holdsworth and Anderson bought their shares in the club for!

Quite clever really - but I guess you probably have to be over the age of 50 to get the joke.

You need to get out more.

Get Mrs Sluffy to walk you round the park for an hour tomorrow.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I've been assuming that most people understands the joke of Ten Bob's user name but maybe the youngsters on here simply haven't a clue about it.

So...

You hear that Kane?  Take sluffy for a walk round the park tomorrow for an hour

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm not a dog you know!

Very Happy

But if I were, what sort do you think I'd be?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy, I don't want to be critical, but you do seem to be overdoing it when ingratiating yourself with Kane, or Mr Manning, as you prefer to call him. Is he some one that's famous, because if he is, I,m afraid I've missed it. 
Very Happy

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

gloswhite wrote:Sluffy, I don't want to be critical, but you do seem to be overdoing it when ingratiating yourself with Kane, or Mr Manning, as you prefer to call him. Is he some one that's famous, because if he is, I,m afraid I've missed it. 
Very Happy

Not In the slightest

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

y2johnny wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

So...

We have a cocker spaniel and he's an absolute dickhead

Kane57 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

So...

We have a cocker spaniel and he's an absolute dickhead
You can tell a lot about people and they way they are with dogs.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm sure there's an opening for a disparaging comment there

gloswhite wrote:I'm sure there's an opening for a disparaging comment there
Well anyone who calls a dog a dick head.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum