Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough

Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sat Sep 09 2017, 19:10

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Traore destroyed us, midfield was none existent, had 4 boro fans sat behind me cackling away all the way through the game.

Garbage.

32 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sat Sep 09 2017, 19:20

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Today was a very good advert for going watching another team.

Don't get me wrong, Boro probably won't look that good every week, and they might not go back up but the point is they've got money to spend. They've got players that can counter attack and are exciting to watch. When was the last time we had a player like that who wasn't inconsistent and/or a walking sick note? God knows when/if we'll be in a position again to invest in those kind of players.

For now it's a case of continuing to make do with the likes of Pratley, and it'd test the patience of a saint.

33 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sat Sep 09 2017, 19:33

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:Today was a very good advert for going watching another team.

Don't get me wrong, Boro probably won't look that good every week, and they might not go back up but the point is they've got money to spend. They've got players that can counter attack and are exciting to watch. When was the last time we had a player like that who wasn't inconsistent and/or a walking sick note? God knows when/if we'll be in a position again to invest in those kind of players.

For now it's a case of continuing to make do with the likes of Pratley, and it'd test the patience of a saint.

I have no problem losing to Boro, they're a good team that have spent millions.

However, when we had millions, nine times out of 10 we struggled against the so-called poor teams mainly because they always put up a spirited fight. I just wish we could do that.

There's no spirit and no attempt to put the "big boys" off their game.

It's all too predictable.

34 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sat Sep 09 2017, 19:38

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
We need a big Sam type to put a rocket up their lazy arses, Sheff Utd have made the transition because they've got a decent manager, only Parkinson knows why Pratley starts, because everyone I've spoken to say he's utter shit.

35 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sat Sep 09 2017, 19:57

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Today was a very good advert for going watching another team.

Don't get me wrong, Boro probably won't look that good every week, and they might not go back up but the point is they've got money to spend. They've got players that can counter attack and are exciting to watch. When was the last time we had a player like that who wasn't inconsistent and/or a walking sick note? God knows when/if we'll be in a position again to invest in those kind of players.

For now it's a case of continuing to make do with the likes of Pratley, and it'd test the patience of a saint.

I have no problem losing to Boro, they're a good team that have spent millions.

However, when we had millions, nine times out of 10 we struggled against the so-called poor teams

Agreed, but is that because the "poor teams", as you say, put up a spirited fight or is it because when we had millions, we spent it on utter shite?

36 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sat Sep 09 2017, 20:23

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:
Agreed, but is that because the "poor teams", as you say, put up a spirited fight or is it because when we had millions, we spent it on utter shite?


Probably a bit of both.

But there's no doubt we have a soft centre right now.

The signing of Noone was ridiculous.

37 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sat Sep 09 2017, 20:28

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Another depressing afternoon at the Macron , can't believe Parky stills picks Pratley, it's like playing with 10 men. He spends all his time either chasing shadows or trying to wrestle someone to the ground and giving away free kick after free kick,

I actually felt sorry for Madine today,he was excellent, won most of his headers and had a few good shots but everytime he brought it down or flicked on it went to Boro as we were far too deep as usual.

Boro are a good side and Traore is a beast but we didn't press them at all and at times it looked like a training game for Boro.

38 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sat Sep 09 2017, 22:13

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
On track for a 15 point season... half of what we did two years ago. Relegation by Christmas if we can't buy a couple of wins in the next two weeks.

39 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sat Sep 09 2017, 22:31

Guest


Guest

40 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sat Sep 09 2017, 23:03

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2johnny wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

41 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sat Sep 09 2017, 23:28

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
I'm not sticking up for Pratley as such but who else was there to pick for a centre midfield role?

The West Ham lad was dropped - probably quite rightly too because it would be unfair to expect him to take Boro on in the centre of the park by himself at his age and experience - Vela is injured and the rest are right wingers.

We can't even use our own youngsters because of the embargo.

So I think it was probably Hobson's Choice that Pratley HAD to play.

(Great signing by Coyle though - with the foresight to keep other clubs hands off him by tying him to us with a massive wage and a five year contact - thank you Owen, brilliant business).

I also can't really find fault with Parkinson either because his interview today -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...basically said he was halfway through signing players when the EFL changed the goalposts, which meant the intended midfield defensive players (and other positions) were left the wrong side of a wage cup imposed upon us - which the ST and Iles took great glee in telling us about at the time!

So we were/are knackered.

Hopefully Anderson can work his magic and get the ban lifted and we can get in a few unattached players - or we suffer now until the next transfer window.

Chins up though, we were always going to lose to Boro, so keep the faith chaps.

Ken Anderson will pull a rabbit out the hat before long - just you wait and see!

42 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sat Sep 09 2017, 23:35

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:

Ken Anderson will pull a rabbit out the hat before long - just you wait and see!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very Happy

43 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 01:19

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Two minutes of match highlights here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not good.

44 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 06:15

jono


David Ngog
David Ngog
Iview may not get much of a rap being that they redefine the meaning of "useless" but I'd like to personally thank them for NOT streaming this game and so saving me from the misery of having to actually watch this train wreck of a match

45 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 10:20

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Really hard to be positive at this point, we are were we deserve to be, it was men v boys today, Traore  performance was both strong and skillful one of the best i have seen from an opposing side since the prem days. 3 defenders pushed aside for the first goal and a superb cross the guy oused confidence.

Every game we look like we have no athletes on the park, Derik got his chance and failed to take it (again) the guy is no better (or worse) than the rest but he is not the answer. He lacks presence for that position. The only positive ? we would all take 4th from bottom we are still in touch.

Can we stay in touch lets see how we fair on Tuesday, if we go behind then we loose can't see many goals coming our way, however Madine struck two great shots to be met with equally good saves.

46 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 10:55

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
jono wrote:Iview may not get much of a rap being that they redefine the meaning of "useless" but I'd like to personally thank them for NOT streaming this game and so saving me from the misery of having to actually watch this train wreck of a match
I'm very surprised that this game wasn't streamed in Aus as it was on a good few channels around the world yesterday.

Looks like they had more sense than most! Very Happy

47 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 12:38

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I was able to watch it on some bogus stream.....

The difference was they had the two strikers that had power and skill. Gaz had a couple of good shots but otherwise is pretty much statuesque.  Nowt we can do about it with our current state of affairs.
I thought the young lad at left back showed some promise and Noone wasn't bad for his first game.

We could easily break the record for least amount of points earned at this rate.

48 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 12:55

DEANO82


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
We have a complete lack of pace in our team and everything is played in front of the opposition. Don't think once this season we have played a through ball that has created a goalscoring opportunity.

49 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 13:02

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
DEANO82 wrote:We have a complete lack of pace in our team and everything is played in front of the opposition. Don't think once this season we have played a through ball that has created a goalscoring opportunity.

Agreed. I actually thought Craig Noone looked OK yesterday, it's just he's not nearly fast enough to make a noticeable difference to this team.

50 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 13:05

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Noone looked ok but again we change the team around to incorporate him, Morais on the left didn't work and Noone is actually left footed!

51 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 13:46

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Noone was just a ridiculous signing, made even worse by the fact Parky moved our best player (Morais) out of position to accommodate him.

Clueless manager, but as he can always point the finger of blame at the finances he's in a win-win situation.

52 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 14:00

DEANO82


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Cheung Yeung Lee showing the creativity we sadly lack when he set up that Burnley 1st goal.

53 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 16:53

Kane57

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Natasha Whittam wrote:Noone was just a ridiculous signing, made even worse by the fact Parky moved our best player (Morais) out of position to accommodate him.

Clueless manager, but as he can always point the finger of blame at the finances he's in a win-win situation.

Wonder if Ken will be quick to fix the embargo situation as that's always been a good crutch to lean on when questions are raised about his lack of investment

54 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 17:42

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Kane57 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Noone was just a ridiculous signing, made even worse by the fact Parky moved our best player (Morais) out of position to accommodate him.

Clueless manager, but as he can always point the finger of blame at the finances he's in a win-win situation.

Wonder if Ken will be quick to fix the embargo situation as that's always been a good crutch to lean on when questions are raised about his lack of investment

I think it was more to do with him putting money into to the club when Holdsworth wasn't - that held his investment back.


Think of it this way - a bloke and his wife are going to split up and own a house,  He works and is paying all the bills, she doesn't and isn't contributing financially.
 
The house is a bit run down and needs doing up - that's why they bought it for a cheaper price - both were able to fund the purchase in full by paying half each.
 
The bloke has savings at the bank - the wife doesn't.
 
He pays all the running costs - gas, electricity, council tax, etc.
 
Why would the bloke take his savings out the bank and put it all in to repair the house right now - when he knows it will increase the value of the house but he is only going to get half of the house when they split?  Surely it is better for the bloke to wait until the divorce is finalised and then put his savings in to doing the house up - so he gets the benefit of all his investment and not losing half of it to the wife who put nothing into it other than the initial deposit?
 
If the wife got the money from say a pay day lender as a personal loan and didn't tell the bloke, is it his responsibility to pay off her debt he never knew she had?
 
 
OK I've massively oversimplified and for those who are PC the two people who bought the house together could be lesbian, gay or transgender (or the wife had the money and the bloke had non) - but hopefully you see what I'm getting at - namely why put money into something when there's a substantial risk that you may lose half of it in the near future?
 
Surely it is better to keep your money in the bank until things are sorted rather than let the wife (or QQ) reap the benefit of it?
 
That's what I suspect Mr Anderson has been doing.

55 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Sun Sep 10 2017, 19:30

Kane57

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Well we'll soon see.

56 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Mon Sep 11 2017, 00:38

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:
Kane57 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Noone was just a ridiculous signing, made even worse by the fact Parky moved our best player (Morais) out of position to accommodate him.

Clueless manager, but as he can always point the finger of blame at the finances he's in a win-win situation.

Wonder if Ken will be quick to fix the embargo situation as that's always been a good crutch to lean on when questions are raised about his lack of investment

I think it was more to do with him putting money into to the club when Holdsworth wasn't - that held his investment back.


Think of it this way - a bloke and his wife are going to split up and own a house,  He works and is paying all the bills, she doesn't and isn't contributing financially.
 
The house is a bit run down and needs doing up - that's why they bought it for a cheaper price - both were able to fund the purchase in full by paying half each.
 
The bloke has savings at the bank - the wife doesn't.
 
He pays all the running costs - gas, electricity, council tax, etc.
 
Why would the bloke take his savings out the bank and put it all in to repair the house right now - when he knows it will increase the value of the house but he is only going to get half of the house when they split?  Surely it is better for the bloke to wait until the divorce is finalised and then put his savings in to doing the house up - so he gets the benefit of all his investment and not losing half of it to the wife who put nothing into it other than the initial deposit?
 
If the wife got the money from say a pay day lender as a personal loan and didn't tell the bloke, is it his responsibility to pay off her debt he never knew she had?
 
 
OK I've massively oversimplified and for those who are PC the two people who bought the house together could be lesbian, gay or transgender (or the wife had the money and the bloke had non) - but hopefully you see what I'm getting at - namely why put money into something when there's a substantial risk that you may lose half of it in the near future?
 
Surely it is better to keep your money in the bank until things are sorted rather than let the wife (or QQ) reap the benefit of it?
 
That's what I suspect Mr Anderson has been doing.
Or...

Two blokes decide to open a business together (let's call them Dean and Ken) but Ken has £5 grand extra to put in so as the main investor gets to make all the decisions i.e. 55% of the investment buys you 100% control of the decisions
It's all going well until one day Ken says he's decided that they are going to buy a company car. Dean says he has no more money to put towards a company car so we shouldn't get one and Ken tells him tough shit - we're getting one whether you like it or not and if you don't contribute I'm going to take your shares sucker. And every decision I take will make damn sure I eventually get all your shares in the business. 
Because the biggest mistake in business you are involved in is to let any person have a majority shareholding as from that moment on they own your ass.

57 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Mon Sep 11 2017, 00:50

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Another depressing afternoon at the Macron , can't believe Parky stills picks Pratley, it's like playing with 10 men. He spends all his time either chasing shadows or trying to wrestle someone to the ground and giving away free kick after free kick,
Pratley was once a decent box to box midfielder with a big engine who tried and failed to fill the shoes of Muamba and Holden etc, but sadly his engine has done over 300K miles, the parts are worn and the oil needs changing.
Things are made worse by the absence of other midfield athletes because it's impossible to close everything down on your own - and that's why he gives so many fouls away - a combination of trying to compensate for the work rate of others and sheer frustration.
Without Vela and someone else who can cover the ground, he's on a hiding to nothing and dropping him is just as likely to make it worse as better.
Bottom line is we have a lightweight midfield that lacks the power, pace and skill to compete.

58 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Mon Sep 11 2017, 01:15

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Kane57 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Noone was just a ridiculous signing, made even worse by the fact Parky moved our best player (Morais) out of position to accommodate him.

Clueless manager, but as he can always point the finger of blame at the finances he's in a win-win situation.

Wonder if Ken will be quick to fix the embargo situation as that's always been a good crutch to lean on when questions are raised about his lack of investment

I think it was more to do with him putting money into to the club when Holdsworth wasn't - that held his investment back.


Think of it this way - a bloke and his wife are going to split up and own a house,  He works and is paying all the bills, she doesn't and isn't contributing financially.
 
The house is a bit run down and needs doing up - that's why they bought it for a cheaper price - both were able to fund the purchase in full by paying half each.
 
The bloke has savings at the bank - the wife doesn't.
 
He pays all the running costs - gas, electricity, council tax, etc.
 
Why would the bloke take his savings out the bank and put it all in to repair the house right now - when he knows it will increase the value of the house but he is only going to get half of the house when they split?  Surely it is better for the bloke to wait until the divorce is finalised and then put his savings in to doing the house up - so he gets the benefit of all his investment and not losing half of it to the wife who put nothing into it other than the initial deposit?
 
If the wife got the money from say a pay day lender as a personal loan and didn't tell the bloke, is it his responsibility to pay off her debt he never knew she had?
 
 
OK I've massively oversimplified and for those who are PC the two people who bought the house together could be lesbian, gay or transgender (or the wife had the money and the bloke had non) - but hopefully you see what I'm getting at - namely why put money into something when there's a substantial risk that you may lose half of it in the near future?
 
Surely it is better to keep your money in the bank until things are sorted rather than let the wife (or QQ) reap the benefit of it?
 
That's what I suspect Mr Anderson has been doing.
Or...

Two blokes decide to open a business together (let's call them Dean and Ken) but Ken has £5 grand extra to put in so as the main investor gets to make all the decisions i.e. 55% of the investment buys you 100% control of the decisions
It's all going well until one day Ken says he's decided that they are going to buy a company car. Dean says he has no more money to put towards a company car so we shouldn't get one and Ken tells him tough shit - we're getting one whether you like it or not and if you don't contribute I'm going to take your shares sucker. And every decision I take will make damn sure I eventually get all your shares in the business. 
Because the biggest mistake in business you are involved in is to let any person have a majority shareholding as from that moment on they own your ass.


You don't half talk some bollocks!

It was only a week or so ago that you were banging on that Anderson had gone out his way to fuck the club up by STOPPING anyone trying to get a MINORITY stake in the club.

wanderlust wrote:
In essence, it looks like KA has pawned the club in order to get control, rather than let anyone else take an interest.

One moment you are clamouring for minority shareholding investment - the next telling us how STUPID anyone would be for even considering to do such a thing!  That Anderson FEARS others having a minority ownership - to Anderson SHITS ON minority shareholders!!!

Make your fecking mind up!

You're a joke mate.

Rolling Eyes

59 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Mon Sep 11 2017, 11:13

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Getting a bit tired of this vendetta against wanderlust. He's a bellend no doubt, but he's our bellend.

60 Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough on Mon Sep 11 2017, 13:36

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Kane57 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Noone was just a ridiculous signing, made even worse by the fact Parky moved our best player (Morais) out of position to accommodate him.

Clueless manager, but as he can always point the finger of blame at the finances he's in a win-win situation.

Wonder if Ken will be quick to fix the embargo situation as that's always been a good crutch to lean on when questions are raised about his lack of investment

I think it was more to do with him putting money into to the club when Holdsworth wasn't - that held his investment back.


Think of it this way - a bloke and his wife are going to split up and own a house,  He works and is paying all the bills, she doesn't and isn't contributing financially.
 
The house is a bit run down and needs doing up - that's why they bought it for a cheaper price - both were able to fund the purchase in full by paying half each.
 
The bloke has savings at the bank - the wife doesn't.
 
He pays all the running costs - gas, electricity, council tax, etc.
 
Why would the bloke take his savings out the bank and put it all in to repair the house right now - when he knows it will increase the value of the house but he is only going to get half of the house when they split?  Surely it is better for the bloke to wait until the divorce is finalised and then put his savings in to doing the house up - so he gets the benefit of all his investment and not losing half of it to the wife who put nothing into it other than the initial deposit?
 
If the wife got the money from say a pay day lender as a personal loan and didn't tell the bloke, is it his responsibility to pay off her debt he never knew she had?
 
 
OK I've massively oversimplified and for those who are PC the two people who bought the house together could be lesbian, gay or transgender (or the wife had the money and the bloke had non) - but hopefully you see what I'm getting at - namely why put money into something when there's a substantial risk that you may lose half of it in the near future?
 
Surely it is better to keep your money in the bank until things are sorted rather than let the wife (or QQ) reap the benefit of it?
 
That's what I suspect Mr Anderson has been doing.
Or...

Two blokes decide to open a business together (let's call them Dean and Ken) but Ken has £5 grand extra to put in so as the main investor gets to make all the decisions i.e. 55% of the investment buys you 100% control of the decisions
It's all going well until one day Ken says he's decided that they are going to buy a company car. Dean says he has no more money to put towards a company car so we shouldn't get one and Ken tells him tough shit - we're getting one whether you like it or not and if you don't contribute I'm going to take your shares sucker. And every decision I take will make damn sure I eventually get all your shares in the business. 
Because the biggest mistake in business you are involved in is to let any person have a majority shareholding as from that moment on they own your ass.


You don't half talk some bollocks!

It was only a week or so ago that you were banging on that Anderson had gone out his way to fuck the club up by STOPPING anyone trying to get a MINORITY stake in the club.

wanderlust wrote:
In essence, it looks like KA has pawned the club in order to get control, rather than let anyone else take an interest.

One moment you are clamouring for minority shareholding investment - the next telling us how STUPID anyone would be for even considering to do such a thing!  That Anderson FEARS others having a minority ownership - to Anderson SHITS ON minority shareholders!!!

Make your fecking mind up!

You're a joke mate.

Rolling Eyes
You clearly have no grasp of logic. 

Maybe you just enjoy posting your come face emoji?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum