Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Media Celebrity - Chris Manning

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

After Leeds Trotter another of our band of Nutters is interviewed by our good friends at Wanderers Station.

Chat with a fan ft. Chris Manning

Chris from Lion of Vienna Suite is next to answer our questions.

Why do you support Bolton?

I don’t think there’s anything better than the feeling when you come away from a game – from a victory. The sense of togetherness amongst supporters and the euphoria of a win makes the hairs on your arm stand on end. You can’t choose your club, or at least so the saying goes, but I think everyone who does support Bolton has made a choice. We’ve chosen to be forever unfashionable, to be an underdog and to look at our opponents with a sense of that spirit and no other club touches Bolton for that. I love the place and I love everything about it. Why would you want to support someone like Aston Villa or Middlesbrough? What would be the point? We may have ups and downs but I tell you what, it’s never boring supporting Bolton. Feast or famine you never know what is around the corner. I can’t imagine ever supporting the sort of club who comes 11th in the league every year and who epitomises blandness.

What has been your favourite game?

I have dozens. Munich away, United away, Munich at home, Barnsley at home in 1997, Swindon at home the same year. Stoke 5-0 at home after THAT game at Wembley. Beating Arsenal 2-0 when Stelios scored. The day we sent Leeds down. Beating Huddersfield 3-0 on the day I became convinced that Arnar Gunnlaugsson was going to be better than Maradona…..the list is endless. So as not to cop out I’m going to choose the 6-1 home win over Spurs in the cup. They had a fantastic team and we absolutely annihilated them it was the best sporting night of my life to that point and I still remember it so fondly.

Who has been your favourite player of all time?

Torn between about ten different players I could make convincing arguments for each but I think John McGinlay will always mean the most because he was my first favourite footballer. I loved his attitude to the game – like he knew it was a doss – but his desire to win and obvious love for the club shone through. Honourable mentions to Alan Thompson, Jussi, Ivan Campo, Simon Charlton, Youri and Jay Jay….we’ve had some amazing players and have been so lucky over the years. Let’s hope some of the current mob are able to reach that sort of status in a few year’s time.

https://wanderers-station.com/2017/08/31/chat-with-a-fan-ft-christopher-manning/

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not bad seeing as I'd had a couple of drinks before writing

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

And we had to have a couple of drinks before we could read it!

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have been invited to answer some questions by Wanderers Station.

Sadly, they can't afford my fee.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I have been invited to answer some questions by Wanderers Station.

Sadly, they can't afford my fee.

I'll cover them - get it done!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A new low on Nuts - being pimped out by sluffy.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Better pimped than pumped.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Better pimped than pumped.

He wishes.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No pumping from me thank you very much but get doing that interview in your own unique style and give your adoring public what they want from you!

It might even catch the eye of some of your ex's like Stinky, Billy Bradshaw and DaveBWFC!

Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Media Celebrity?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:Media Celebrity?

It was a follow-up reference to this thread -

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t16465-leeds-trotter-media-celebrity

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aah..I get it now. I thought Kane had been promoted to celebrity status. Mind you, he is a fine wrestler.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum