Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Sheffield Utd

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A spirited display was not enough for Wanderers as they slipped to a 1-0 defeat at Macron Stadium on Tuesday night.

Cameron Carter-Vickers scored the only goal of the game in a tight contest which left the Whites bemoaning their lack of fortune.

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk following the final whistle, manager Phil Parkinson covered the following points...

On his side’s performance…

I thought we gave everything tonight to try and get something from the game.

Beevers has made a terrific block from a corner and it has deflected straight to their player who’s put it in the top corner.

We have to keep working hard and maybe something might fall for us like that. We deserve a bit of luck with the effort we’ve shown tonight.

We didn’t get that luck, things aren’t quite going for us at the moment, but the effort was good, there was some excellent individual performances, but it’s still a defeat and we’re hurting.

On turning around his side’s recent misfortunes…

No one likes getting beat, but the lads gave it their all tonight and there was some good signs.

We have to keep going, what else can we say. I think the win will come and hopefully its sooner rather than later, we just need to prepare as well as we can and make sure we give it our all.

We need a lift, we need a result, but the only way that is going to happen is if we continue with the effort from tonight and hopefully we can get that little break that gives us what we need.

We were separated tonight by very small margins there was match ups all over the pitch and I actually thought we came out really well in a lot of them, but games are separated by putting the ball into the back of the net and we didn’t have that tonight.

On the performance of Mark Little…

I thought Mark (Little) was great tonight, I was really pleased with him. He’s had to be patient and wait for his chance, but I thought he’s got fitter and stronger and he showed what he was all about tonight. He’s a very dynamic player and he can drive forward down that right hand side.

On the injury sustained to Will Buckley…

I’m not sure with the extent to Will’s (Buckley) injury, but it looks like a recurrence of his previous one so we will have to assess him. It’s a huge disappointment for himself and for us because he’s a high energy player who I thought started the game very brightly, but we keep getting niggly injuries which isn’t helping our cause.

And finally, on next Saturday’s fixture vs Ipswich Town…

We have to go down there prepare as well as we can and give it our best shot. Play as well as well we can, put in the same endeavour and qualities that we did tonight and it might be our turn to get that little bit of luck.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Freedmanesque

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum