Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attendances

+2
Keegan
doffcocker
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Attendances Empty Attendances Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:54 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If there's one thing I find tiresome about being a football forum enthusiast, its the level of arguing that goes on over whose got the most fans.

The interesting thing about this kind of squabbling is it crops up most on boards of the sleeping giants.
The Sheffield clubs have had nowt to cheer about for decades besides the fact it takes abnormal circumstances for them to not fill an away stand. So the majority of their boards are usually packed with "How many are we taking to (League One opposition)?" threads. I swear I even witnessed an "Attendance Prediction Thread" on Owlstalk once.

So is boasting about attracting large crowds to compensate for being shit? A similar concept to a fella boasting about having an expensive car to compensate for having a small tackle?

2Attendances Empty Re: Attendances Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It matters to the clubs who collect at the gate, but I don't give it much value otherwise. Geographically, we are not in an area where we will have 50,000 rabid fans and we've been in the Prem for 11 years regardless. I prefer being in the Prem with 20,000 than in League One with 50,000.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Attendances Empty Re: Attendances Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Derby and Forest are like that on Mad as well.

I actually enjoyed telling some of the more uncultured Derby fans (that were going on about Burnley's home support) that yes they did get nearly twice as many on at home than us, yet they didn't take as many away fans (Football League website evidence). It tells a story, a story that doesn't matter though.

I've been to Pride Park twice in the last 5 years and they might as well have 27 there as 27,000 with the noise they make.

Hey Cocker - Check the 'Attendances' thread on Derby Mad for a wet pants show. Laughing

That's by the most revolting poster on the whole of FM, a Mod with no class (many a run in with him Wink )

Edit - That would be 'attendances' Rolling Eyes

4Attendances Empty Re: Attendances Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fair play to any club whose fans stick by them in the lean times.

I'm still waiting for the missing thousands who said they would be back when Megson got sacked!

5Attendances Empty Re: Attendances Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They never came back. They found other things to do on a Saturday afternoon. Once they cancel their season tickets it's nigh impossible to get them back. ( Unless we get a massive sponsor a la Man City )

6Attendances Empty Re: Attendances Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:29 am

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:They never came back. They found other things to do on a Saturday afternoon. Once they cancel their season tickets it's nigh impossible to get them back. ( Unless we get a massive sponsor a la Man City )

Too true.

Still have my season ticket - well I call it mine as I have first refusal on games when I am back in Bolton, plus I pay half of it.

Not giving up my seat for anything and that will still stand if/when we do go down.

Bolton is too much in my blood.

7Attendances Empty Re: Attendances Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:03 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In a morbid sort of way I am resigning myself to the fact that we are highly likely to be playing the Championship next season. I will still be renewing my ticket in the hope that we will actually win more games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum