Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Should Parkinson Be Sacked?

Should Parkinson Be Sacked?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Should Parky Get His P45?

58% 58% [ 19 ]
42% 42% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 33

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 14:25

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It's a complex issue because I don't think that Anderson has replacing Parky anywhere in his business plan or financial provision to do it.

People said that when Lennon was manager, but clubs will always find a way to get rid.
If they have money for that I would prefer they spent it on bolstering the squad with some quality and pace because yesterday that would have won us the game.

32 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 15:28

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:If they have money for that I would prefer they spent it on bolstering the squad with some quality and pace because yesterday that would have won us the game.

Isn't he on a 1 year rolling contract, I can't believe he's on massive money either.

Get rid of Parky and then sack Pratley or Karacan(t) for breach of contract. Then get Fat Sam or Micky Adams.

33 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 15:34

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sam won't come. I've told you.

34 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 15:53

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:Sam won't come. I've told you.

Try wearing sexy lingerie Bonce.

35 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 15:55

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy
It loses its effect the moment I put it on. I blame the slippers.

36 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 16:20

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Many say we gave Neil Lennon too long and the damage was already done when he was given the push, so shouldn't Ken be brave and get shut right now?

I don't think anybody could say with absolute certainty we'd be in a worse position now had Lennon never left.

He didn't seem to struggle getting Hibs promoted - like us, big fish, small pond - and they're not yet struggling as such in the SPL.

I'm not saying we missed out parting with Lennon, clearly he was a disturbed individual and things had turned pretty toxic both on and off the pitch in the end. Either way, that's going off topic.

All I'll say is similar to what I said when the same was asked of Lennon. Whoever we can attract, the challenge remains the same.

The team certainly isn't better than it was two years ago, and God knows how far off we'll be from being a Championship standard side in another two years without a real bit of investment.

Parkinson is just a minor problem in my eyes, in the context of everything else that's going wrong at the club.

37 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 17:20

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Many say we gave Neil Lennon too long and the damage was already done when he was given the push, so shouldn't Ken be brave and get shut right now?

I don't think anybody could say with absolute certainty we'd be in a worse position now had Lennon never left.

He didn't seem to struggle getting Hibs promoted - like us, big fish, small pond - and they're not yet struggling as such in the SPL.

I'm not saying we missed out parting with Lennon, clearly he was a disturbed individual and things had turned pretty toxic both on and off the pitch in the end. Either way, that's going off topic.

All I'll say is similar to what I said when the same was asked of Lennon. Whoever we can attract, the challenge remains the same.

The team certainly isn't better than it was two years ago, and God knows how far off we'll be from being a Championship standard side in another two years without a real bit of investment.

Parkinson is just a minor problem in my eyes, in the context of everything else that's going wrong at the club.
Well put. We are still a very long way from financial stability and that is Anderson's focus as it theoretically benefits the club as well as his own cashout position, so we can't really expect any serious investment any time soon and will have to make do and accept our situaition in the interim.

38 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Mon Sep 18 2017, 13:46

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I'm 50/50 on it.....Although not a big fan of parky I can't see anybody else doing anything with this shower. If parky had spent millions and we were in this position then yes he can be judged but no money and all freebies...this is what you get. Will he have any money in the near future....doesn't seem so. 
is it too soon to say that the match against Brentford is the game of the season for us?

Shouting at a donkey doesn't make it run faster....it's still a donkey.

39 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Mon Sep 18 2017, 13:48

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
terenceanne wrote:Shouting at a donkey doesn't make it run faster....it's still a donkey.

Actually it does. I tried it on St Ives beach when I was a kid.

40 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Mon Sep 18 2017, 14:04

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
terenceanne wrote: 
is it too soon to say that the match against Brentford is the game of the season for us?
A very good question. Parky has said that we're in a mini-league and Brentford are firmly in it. It's not just a matter of getting points on the board but it's also key to confidence and if Brentford were to win at our ground it would be a massive setback in every sense.
We're away at Bristol City and then Villa after that and we definitely can't count on points at either of those two so IMO it's essential we win this one.
I'm assuming that Parky will set his stall out to get further up the pitch than we did on Saturday so I guess it's likely to come down to finding goals from somewhere - whilst not giving anything stupid away at the back. We haven't got a point since drawing with struggling Brum over month ago so it really is time to step up now. I can handle losing away to quality teams but a home tie against fellow strugglers? These are the games we have to win if we're going to survive.

41 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Mon Sep 18 2017, 16:22

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wanderlust wrote:
terenceanne wrote: 
is it too soon to say that the match against Brentford is the game of the season for us?
A very good question. Parky has said that we're in a mini-league and Brentford are firmly in it. It's not just a matter of getting points on the board but it's also key to confidence and if Brentford were to win at our ground it would be a massive setback in every sense.
We're away at Bristol City and then Villa after that and we definitely can't count on points at either of those two so IMO it's essential we win this one.
I'm assuming that Parky will set his stall out to get further up the pitch than we did on Saturday so I guess it's likely to come down to finding goals from somewhere - whilst not giving anything stupid away at the back. We haven't got a point since drawing with struggling Brum over month ago so it really is time to step up now. I can handle losing away to quality teams but a home tie against fellow strugglers? These are the games we have to win if we're going to survive.

We are adrift already .....even 3 points against Brentford will still leave us in the bottom three......so in my head its a must win.  Figure nothing in the next two away games so these three points are vital IMO.

42 Ok enough is enough on Tue Sep 19 2017, 23:03

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I didn't expect much tonight result wise, but the fact we created NOTHING again speaks volumes, I am sick and tired of Parkinsons team selections and tactics, don't give me this hands are tied bullshit, he had a full pre season to recruit, and he fucked that up royally, he has an average CV hopefully that will get him a job in Scottish football, just fuck off from English football

43 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 10:21

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
MartinBWFC wrote:I didn't expect much tonight result wise, but the fact we created NOTHING again speaks volumes, I am sick and tired of Parkinsons team selections and tactics, don't give me this hands are tied bullshit, he had a full pre season to recruit, and he fucked that up royally, he has an average CV hopefully that will get him a job in Scottish football, just fuck off from English football
TBF he was absolutely scraping the barrel during the transfer window and embargo or not, there's no money to spend. Have to agree it's a toothless team going forward, but this season is only about one thing (other than lining Anderson's pockets) and that's finishing ahead of three other teams, one of whom will hopefully be Brentford. That's his job and that's what he should be judged on.
Surely Parky can see that we aren't going to score goals playing this system so I'm hoping that as Saturday is a home game against a rival for the drop, he'll switch it around and come up with something different.
But if we lose on Saturday, there's going to be some serious despair and he'll be under real pressure even though there's zero chance of Anderson putting his hand in his pocket to get us a new manager as Eddie would have done.
That said, Anderson could always pawn the tea lady and anything else he hasn't hocked already to bring Nat in. That's how desperate it would be.

44 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 12:25

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I think he has 4 or 5 more games. Once Vela and Ameobi are fit again and playing, I think KA will allow him some headroom- perhaps 3 or 4 games after that and if things don't improve then he'll dispense with his services.
KA is no fool and from  a financial perspective his plan must be to build up some success at the club and then offload it- that has to be his exit strategy as there are no long term financial benefits in owning a football club ,particularly a failing one as we are. That's unless you are absolutely loaded and can stand the losses from other sources of wealth. KA doesn't have that -and the longer we go on without success then the poorer becomes the value and chances of offloading the club.

So from a financial  aspect (which must be KA's approach) failure means substantial loss of investment. That failure essentially lies at the feet of Parky- so in my view his days are numbered unless he can turn it around quickly.
Watch for the hatchet towards the end of October- unless we've a lot more points on the board by then.

45 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 12:44

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
rammywhite wrote:I think he has 4 or 5 more games. Once Vela and Ameobi are fit again and playing, I think KA will allow him some headroom- perhaps 3 or 4 games after that and if things don't improve then he'll dispense with his services.
KA is no fool and from  a financial perspective his plan must be to build up some success at the club and then offload it- that has to be his exit strategy as there are no long term financial benefits in owning a football club ,particularly a failing one as we are. That's unless you are absolutely loaded and can stand the losses from other sources of wealth. KA doesn't have that -and the longer we go on without success then the poorer becomes the value and chances of offloading the club.

So from a financial  aspect (which must be KA's approach) failure means substantial loss of investment. That failure essentially lies at the feet of Parky- so in my view his days are numbered unless he can turn it around quickly.
Watch for the hatchet towards the end of October- unless we've a lot more points on the board by then.
True but if Anderson is trying to enhance the value of the club in order to sell at a profit he has to ask himself at what point does he invest in new players to ensure survival - as being in the Championship is far and away his best short to medium term opportunity to grow the business.
Whether "failure essentially lies at the feet of Parky" is up for debate as Anderson's lack of investment in the squad is an equally viable possible cause. That said, it needs fixing whatever the cause and if Anderson accepts that paying off Parky would be detrimental to the club's finances, could he not also consider the alternative of spending that money on players?

Pay Parky say half a million to go and then add the cost of recruiting a new manager and we have nothing to show for the money - it's just gone.

Alternatively spend that same money on players and if it still goes tits up at least he has acquired assets to sell in order to at least recoup some of the investment. From a purely financial perspective I'd have thought it was a much better strategy.

46 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 12:50

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:Alternatively spend that same money on players and if it still goes tits up at least he has acquired assets to sell in order to at least recoup some of the investment.

When did we last buy a player and sell him at a profit?

I'd spend the money getting shut of Parky.

47 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 12:51

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:I think he has 4 or 5 more games. Once Vela and Ameobi are fit again and playing, I think KA will allow him some headroom- perhaps 3 or 4 games after that and if things don't improve then he'll dispense with his services.
KA is no fool and from  a financial perspective his plan must be to build up some success at the club and then offload it- that has to be his exit strategy as there are no long term financial benefits in owning a football club ,particularly a failing one as we are. That's unless you are absolutely loaded and can stand the losses from other sources of wealth. KA doesn't have that -and the longer we go on without success then the poorer becomes the value and chances of offloading the club.

So from a financial  aspect (which must be KA's approach) failure means substantial loss of investment. That failure essentially lies at the feet of Parky- so in my view his days are numbered unless he can turn it around quickly.
Watch for the hatchet towards the end of October- unless we've a lot more points on the board by then.
True but if Anderson is trying to enhance the value of the club in order to sell at a profit he has to ask himself at what point does he invest in new players to ensure survival - as being in the Championship is far and away his best short to medium term opportunity to grow the business.
Whether "failure essentially lies at the feet of Parky" is up for debate as Anderson's lack of investment in the squad is an equally viable possible cause. That said, it needs fixing whatever the cause and if Anderson accepts that paying off Parky would be detrimental to the club's finances, could he not also consider the alternative of spending that money on players?

Pay Parky say half a million to go and then add the cost of recruiting a new manager and we have nothing to show for the money - it's just gone.

Alternatively spend that same money on players and if it still goes tits up at least he has acquired assets to sell in order to at least recoup some of the investment. From a purely financial perspective I'd have thought it was a much better strategy.

Eh?

We can't buy any player until January at the earliest.

Might be miles too late by then to avoid relegation.

Anyway where is Anderson going to magically find half a million from when he's already moaning we can't really afford £25,000 to fight the ST's ACV on us!?

48 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 13:02

Kane57

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
From what I've been told, Ken is being a little economical with the truth over the lifting of the embargo, seems only one of the three embargo's has been relaxed, to allow the youngsters and academy players to play in the first team, ironically this came about after Ken forwarded a statement to the EFL from the Supporters' Trust, raising their concerns about academy players being inadvertently singled out and their progress being stalled by the embargo, 

So, this means there won't be any change in the actual transfer activity until former players have been fully paid and a viable business plan with proof of funding is submitted

49 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 13:06

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Thanks for sharing that.

Maybe Spearing is one of the former players with money still outstanding and that's why he and the club never seemed to hit it off over his possible re-signing?

At lease the ST seems to have actually helped the club out for a change.

Fair play to them if that is the case.

50 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 13:07

Kane57

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Yeah I've no idea if it's true. If it is then Ken has been pretty liberal with the truth when he claimed were out of the embargo.

51 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 13:09

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
thats a pretty big piece of news you've just sneaked out there Kane, why has this not been reported more widely?

52 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 13:11

Kane57

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
It might be wrong, it's just something someone reliable told me.

53 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 13:13

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
lets hope it is for our sake and KA's reputation

54 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 13:13

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Kane57 wrote:Yeah I've no idea if it's true. If it is then Ken has been pretty liberal with the truth when he claimed were out of the embargo.

I would have thought the EFL might have had something to say if we wasn't out of the embargo - which as now been widely reported on TV and the press.

I guess they are happy enough with Anderson's wording even if it may not give a full and clear explanation of things.

I doubt therefore Ken is telling a whopping lie or anything.

55 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 13:14

Kane57

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Sluffy wrote:
Kane57 wrote:Yeah I've no idea if it's true. If it is then Ken has been pretty liberal with the truth when he claimed were out of the embargo.

I would have thought the EFL might have had something to say if we wasn't out of the embargo - which as now been widely reported on TV and the press.

I guess they are happy enough with Anderson's wording even if it may not give a full and clear explanation of things.

I doubt therefore Ken is telling a whopping lie or anything.


Probably right

56 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 13:16

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If Boggers hasn't heard about this it can't be true.

57 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 13:19

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Natasha Whittam wrote:If Boggers hasn't heard about this it can't be true.
He doesn't know his arse from his elbow

58 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 13:19

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Kane57 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Kane57 wrote:Yeah I've no idea if it's true. If it is then Ken has been pretty liberal with the truth when he claimed were out of the embargo.

I would have thought the EFL might have had something to say if we wasn't out of the embargo - which as now been widely reported on TV and the press.

I guess they are happy enough with Anderson's wording even if it may not give a full and clear explanation of things.

I doubt therefore Ken is telling a whopping lie or anything.


Probably right

And the conditions that your 'mole' has passed on, could equally be correct too, namely the embargo is lifted - but in stages subject to certain proviso's being met - that the general public don't need to know about.

59 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 15:43

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Kane57 wrote:From what I've been told, Ken is being a little economical with the truth over the lifting of the embargo, seems only one of the three embargo's has been relaxed, to allow the youngsters and academy players to play in the first team, ironically this came about after Ken forwarded a statement to the EFL from the Supporters' Trust, raising their concerns about academy players being inadvertently singled out and their progress being stalled by the embargo, 

So, this means there won't be any change in the actual transfer activity until former players have been fully paid and a viable business plan with proof of funding is submitted
Thanks for that Kane. Imagine that - Anderson being "economical with the truth."

Saves responding to Ken's groupie and reminding him that were the embargo lifted we could get any out of contract player at any time and that Anderson would have had to get the money from the same place he would have to get the money to sack and replace Parky which is what I said in the first place had he bothered to read it properly instead of trying to shag my leg, like he does every time I put pen to paper.

But now it's irrelevant  other than the initial point that in order to sack Parky Anderson would have to find the dosh from somewhere - dosh that Ken's groupie says the the poor man doesn't have.

Which is why we need a proper owner.

60 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Wed Sep 20 2017, 16:18

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
wanderlust wrote:
Kane57 wrote:From what I've been told, Ken is being a little economical with the truth over the lifting of the embargo, seems only one of the three embargo's has been relaxed, to allow the youngsters and academy players to play in the first team, ironically this came about after Ken forwarded a statement to the EFL from the Supporters' Trust, raising their concerns about academy players being inadvertently singled out and their progress being stalled by the embargo, 

So, this means there won't be any change in the actual transfer activity until former players have been fully paid and a viable business plan with proof of funding is submitted
Thanks for that Kane. Imagine that - Anderson being "economical with the truth."

Saves responding to Ken's groupie and reminding him that were the embargo lifted we could get any out of contract player at any time and that Anderson would have had to get the money from the same place he would have to get the money to sack and replace Parky which is what I said in the first place had he bothered to read it properly instead of trying to shag my leg, like he does every time I put pen to paper.

But now it's irrelevant  other than the initial point that in order to sack Parky Anderson would have to find the dosh from somewhere - dosh that Ken's groupie says the the poor man doesn't have.

Which is why we need a proper owner.

You're just embarrassing yourself now.

On so many levels too.

:facepalm:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum