Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March

+8
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Hip Priest
wanderlust
Norpig
Sluffy
Lard Lad
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Empty Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Sat Jan 28 2017, 13:57

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Really up for this one and not long to go ,not since Geoge Groves have I wanted to see a fighter obliterated. I just don't get this prick Bellew just because Haye supported his last opponent he has been gobbing off and challenging Haye and saying he will win.Then he say's he knows Haye is too fast and punches too hard for him and he could be killed if he gets hit clean. I have no doubt whatsoever Haye will take his head off Quicker than a blink of the eye as early as or whenever he wants to. Personally I'd just go straight out and bomb him out in the first and not let him warm up.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A hard bout to call this one.

Haye has been a class boxer but has had major shoulder surgery and been out of the ring for the best part of the last 5 years bar a couple of easy fights leading up to this match.

Bellow who at 34 years old (two years younger than Haye) has had a solid career at a lower weight than this but suddenly jumped up the weights in the last two years presumably to chase the money whilst he still can.

Seems to be some sorted of a 'manufactured' bout this fight, with what appears to be no love lost between the two boxers.

So you have got a past 'good boxer' facing a current decent boxer from a recent lower weight background.

On the balance of Haye's surgery and inactivity and Bellew's current decent standard, I will have to take a Bellew win.

I think however it might be a short sharp cracker of a match with Haye throwing the bombs so as not to have to go the distance. If he still has his power then he could very well cause an upset.

Bellew's corner should have planned for this though.

Bellew to win for me.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I cant decide whether to pay for this or not, i get the feeling it will be short with hopefully Haye knocking out Bellew the bellend.

Even a half fit Haye will be too much for Bellew i reckon

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:A hard bout to call this one.

Haye has been a class boxer but has had major shoulder surgery and been out of the ring for the best part of the last 5 years bar a couple of easy fights leading up to this match.

Bellow who at 34 years old (two years younger than Haye) has had a solid career at a lower weight than this but suddenly jumped up the weights in the last two years presumably to chase the money whilst he still can.

Seems to be some sorted of a 'manufactured' bout this fight, with what appears to be no love lost between the two boxers.

So you have got a past 'good boxer' facing a current decent boxer from a recent lower weight background.

On the balance of Haye's surgery and inactivity and Bellew's current decent standard, I will have to take a Bellew win.

I think however it might be a short sharp cracker of a match with Haye throwing the bombs so as not to have to go the distance.  If he still has his power then he could very well cause an upset.

Bellew to win for me.

I like your thinking Sluffy, but surely Haye has got too much for this guy? - even now.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:A hard bout to call this one.

I think however it might be a short sharp cracker of a match with Haye throwing the bombs so as not to have to go the distance.  If he still has his power then he could very well cause an upset.

Bellew to win for me.

I like your thinking Sluffy, but surely Haye has got too much for this guy? - even now.

May well have Lusty.

I don't know who will win otherwise I would bet everything I had on it, as would anyone else - so you can only try and reason what you know.

Haye has been quality but is he still?

We only know that Haye was advised to retire after having a 5 hour shoulder surgery in November 2013 and has since only had 3 full rounds of boxing since then - beating two nobodies of note.  Haye's only other fight since losing to Klitschko in July 2011 was big hearted but non talented Derek Chisora over 5 rounds.

That's just 8 rounds in four and a half years against journeymen opposition.

In fact the Klitschko fight was a farce - remember his sore toe excuse and the fight before that was against Audley Harrison.

You really need to go back to the Ruiz fight in April 2010, since you could truly claim that he was on top of his game against top opponents - that's a long time back in boxing.

Bellew on the other hand has fought three times for the world championship in that same period since Haye's Ruiz match - losing to both Cleverly and Stevenson at light heavy before beating some ok Pole at cruiser and defending against an average Argentinian.

This match is being held at heavyweight.

So you have a match up between Haye who has been good but a long time back and Bellew who is better than average but has been current with his bouts.

I'm guessing Haye knew he had shoulder issues from about the Ruiz fight onwards but knew he could beat the likes of all that he faced since bar Klitschko with one hand.

Maybe his shoulder is ok now but it is a risk.  Maybe he thinks he can get past Bellew with one arm if he had to - I doubt it though.

Haye must be gambling on a quick fight - Stevenson stopped him in 6 - but that is Bellew's only loss inside the distance.

If he can't drop Bellew then I can only see one winner.

That's the way I read this match but I've been wrong plenty times before.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Anyone know who is on the undercard. Anybody worth watching?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hip Priest wrote:Anyone know who is on the undercard. Anybody worth watching?

Three bouts I think.

A second Liverpool v London match up for the fans, a once pretty good, old boxer there to test how good an up and coming one (who I've seen better at this stage) might be and the Lee Selby boxing a journey man just to keep him in shape.

A better review of the card here -

http://www.skysports.com/haye-vs-bellew/news/34770/10781579/31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure all the faux animosity is just bluster to sell the fight but I can't can't see Bellew winning this one. He's literally forty pounds heavier for this fight and I think Haye will be far too quick, skilful and strong for Bellew to cope. I think Bellew still has his Rocky film cameo in his head and I reckon Haye is going to give him a thick ear.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to agree. I reckon it'll be short and sweet.

10Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Empty Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Wed Mar 01 2017, 18:55

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I agree With RT also. I don't give Bellew much of a chance in this one either. I can definitely see Haye knocking him out and he'll do well to go six rounds. Having said that, they're both knobs, so I hope they give each other a good hiding.

11Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Empty Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Thu Mar 02 2017, 00:38

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

12Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Empty Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Thu Mar 02 2017, 18:57

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

This wont be a fight it will be a slaughter,Haye is very fast and powerful and his punches are bombs , bellew is way out of his league. Twilight Zone for Bellew.

13Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Empty Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Fri Mar 03 2017, 14:44

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

After watching Stevenson ko Bellew who does a wierd version of the funky chicken when he goes i think Haye is being serious about what will happen when he lands a clean shot.

14Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Empty Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Sat Mar 04 2017, 09:57

Ill be watching this tonight and i hope bellew gets absolutely leathered off haye.

15Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Empty Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Sat Mar 04 2017, 10:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This isn't even a contest, chubby bellew doesn't know what he's let himself in for

Stoppage in round 3

16Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Empty Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Sat Mar 04 2017, 11:19

Boggersbelief wrote:This isn't even a contest, chubby bellew doesn't know what he's let himself in for

Stoppage in round 3
I don't think he will last that long. Which is why I'll be dreaming it rather than paying for it

17Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Empty Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Sat Mar 04 2017, 22:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just about to start.

Radio link here for anyone who wants it -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/boxing/38322060

18Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Empty Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Sat Mar 04 2017, 23:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Great fight.

Very brave from Haye.

Got to be a rematch now.

Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March 89ab3cec-7489-4dcb-b2f9-25840746dcf3

19Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Empty Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Sat Mar 04 2017, 23:48

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Great fight....?

It was a farce which proved that Bellew doesn't have the power to fight at heavyweight.

He fought a 36 year old guy with one leg for 6 rounds and still couldn't hurt him.

He should take his sloppy man boobs back down to cruiserweight.

20Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Empty Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March Sun Mar 05 2017, 00:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bread2.0 wrote:Great fight....?

It was a farce which proved that Bellew doesn't have the power to fight at heavyweight.

He fought a 36 year old guy with one leg for 6 rounds and still couldn't hurt him.

He should take his sloppy man boobs back down to cruiserweight.

If you say so.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bellew gets a shot at a world heavyweight title belt now.

The winner of the Parker v Fury (Hugie) match up would probably fancy their chances against him - and no doubt visa-versa.

I can also see a rematch against Haye happening too.

I also think Haye has enhanced his reputation too and he must be added into the equation again for a world title shot - I think Joshua would be a good match up that the public would want - if he beats Klitschko.

Both boxers have come out of this match really, really well.

But if you think it was crap - that's up to you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum