Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where would we finish with this team in League One this season?

+5
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
Fabians Right Peg
MartinBWFC
observer
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm not sure if we would finish mid-table in League One with the current players. Sixth place is averaging almost 2 points per game... and top five are all over 2 points per game.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think if this squad was managed correctly we wouldn't need to worry about league 1

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:I think if this squad was managed correctly we wouldn't need to worry about league 1

Put the glue down, our midfield is the poorest I have seen in years.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

About 12th

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spearing was a decent player at League 1 level, this current midfield would fair little better in League 1 than they are in the Championship.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Cullen was in the League One Team of the Year. We'd piss the league with about a million points.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pratley?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pratley?
Doubt it. It seems to be moving with purpose.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our current team wouldn't get promoted I reckon.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

From what I've seen this season we lack quality all over the park but most importantly down the 'spine' of the team. Our centre backs were horrendous yesterday, our centre mids were clueless and there was zero threat up front. In truth I think sacking the manager won't help because no one could really make a silk purse out of this pig's ear.

In my opinion two things HAVE to happen if we're to have any realistic chance of survival assuming we can NOT get rid of the embargo and have to stick with the players we have now.

First the back, it HAS to stop leaking goals, Phil can say all three were "wonder goals" but the truth is we dropped off far too deep and far too quickly on several occasions. Secondly the midfield, it needs to be playing much closer to the defence because frankly both are weak and need to support each other much more than they do now. I realise this means we won't score a lot of goals but we're not exactly filling our boots as things are. I hate to say this but this is the sort of situation that Megson was actually good for. He'd play five four one and close the back door tight then hope to nick the win by an odd goal on the break. We need to play that way now and be solid doing it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum