Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When will we score again?

+7
doffcocker
Norpig
wanderlust
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
boltonbonce
observer
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When will we score again? Empty When will we score again? Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:47 am

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Question

2When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:54 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We may need a little help.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:30 am

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You can also add when will we learn to defend properly again, West ham walked the ball through our defence has have nearly every team we have played so far this season.

4When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:17 am

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dunno. Saturday is huge

5When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:42 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's going to have to be on Saturday but I'm struggling to see how as long as Parky persists with this system.

6When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:15 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it will be Saturday because i won't be there  Mad

7When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:22 am

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When your number one striker is Gary Madine, waiting for goals is a bit like waiting for a bus on Mars.
You could see even last season he's very limited but he did alright because that league is obviously easier.
This just isn't his level sadly and we don't have many alternatives. 

To answer the question though, Christ knows.

8When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:28 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
You could see even last season he's very limited but he did alright because that league is obviously easier.
This just isn't his level sadly and we don't have many alternatives. 
Madine isn't helped by the lack of support caused by Parky the Bus's deep-lying system - which he must surely change for Saturday.

9When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:31 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not convinced Parky even knows how to set up an attacking team, even last season when we got promoted we didn't score loads of goals. He's a safety first coach and won't ever change

10When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:37 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'm not convinced Parky even knows how to set up an attacking team, even last season when we got promoted we didn't score loads of goals. He's a safety first coach and won't ever change
He might have to. He just needs something more creative than sending the CBs forward in the last ten minutes when we're already trailing.

11When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:38 am

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There will never be a lot of goals in a Parkinson team, as has been said he has a Freedman mentality of going out for the nil primarily and hoping we strike lucky in front of goal, that will never work outside of league 1 & 2, we had much better players when Freedman was around and we weren't getting much better results then, fact is we need a motivator and someone with a plan B, it's not rocket science, if it's not working change it, but as we all know Parkinson is and always will be a one dimensional manager, he knows no other style of play, so in short we're doomed with him in charge.

12When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:51 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a matter of risk and Parky is risk averse, but all hope isn't quite lost yet. Little and Robinson both have the ability and pace to get forward to support the attack. Not sure if they have any end product e.g. a decent cross, pass or shot because they seldom get that far forward - it's like they're on a leash.
But if Parky was to trust his back 3 a bit more we might be able to push up the park and get some support and service to Madine and whichever sidekick Parky picks. Without Vela there are very few supporting runs from the middle so he needs the wingbacks to get involved. Another area for improvement would be to stop floating every cross high into the middle - it's as if the forwards are only allowed to score with headers, so maybe the occasional whipped low cross might help.
The back 3 need to be drilled to be disciplined and hold their positions because they've been dragged all over the shop. Get that solid base and the attack will improve.

13When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:28 am

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I wonder if anyone has actually asked Parky what his game plan is, and what he considers important points during the game, that will make him change his tactics ? At the moment he seems to flip-flop between different formations, albeit haphazardly, which cant' help the players to settle down, and when you consider that he continues to put out players that are clearly under performing, then he's going down a managerial cul-de-sac at a great speed, and dragging the team with him.
If we aren't doing well with the regulars, why not shuffle the pack, and bring in some of the youngsters, at least they will put in some effort ? At this rate, we aren't going to lose anything, and may well improve our position.

14When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:36 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What I don't get is that last season we were a handful from any free-kick, throw-in or corner where Beevers and Wheater could get forward. This season we aren't doing the same things. Yes, the defenders are a bit better in this league, but Beevers and Wheater are a handful for any defender in the air.

Against Derby and Boro one of Beevers/Wheater was staying back and neither went forward for throw-ins.

Personally, I'd get these big guys forward whenever we can - and I'd also partner Wilbraham up top with Madine. Our only strength is height, let's fucking use it.

15When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:47 am

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good points, Nat. It will be ugly, but as we have no pace and no one to run at defenders, we may as well play to our relative strength in the air.

16When will we score again? Empty Re: When will we score again? Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:33 am

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Natasha Whittam wrote:What I don't get is that last season we were a handful from any free-kick, throw-in or corner where Beevers and Wheater could get forward. This season we aren't doing the same things. Yes, the defenders are a bit better in this league, but Beevers and Wheater are a handful for any defender in the air.

Against Derby and Boro one of Beevers/Wheater was staying back and neither went forward for throw-ins.

Personally, I'd get these big guys forward whenever we can - and I'd also partner Wilbraham up top with Madine. Our only strength is height, let's fucking use it.
Agreed Nat, but like all the troubled managers in the past, he seems to withdraw from what would be considered risky, or sensible, and would seem to be hoping for some sort of magic turnaround, (especially whilst waiting for Ameobi and Vela, who, if were honest, are OK, but unlikely to set the league on fire).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum