Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheffield Steel? or just blagging it?

+6
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
RangersDave
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Sheffield Steel?   or just blagging it? Empty Sheffield Steel? or just blagging it? Tue Oct 13 2020, 10:18

RangersDave

RangersDave
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

This i found interesting this morning, might provoke some some comments amongst fans out there?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54436076

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes it is an interesting read thanks.

Can't say I'm too interested in most other clubs financial affairs (Wigan being an exception) but from the article it does look as though the owner has stopped bailing the club out for free and I'm guessing he's securing his money now against assets in case of the worst happening perhaps due to the virus and games behind closed doors.

I doubt Wednesday are the only club with an uncertain future right now.

I can't see crowds back until after Christmas at the earliest - with the number of positives shooting up in the last two weeks or so.

RangersDave

RangersDave
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Agree Sluffy,

If you look at these guys, Florist, Rooneys 'army', etc, they have all mortgaged themselves up the the hilt trying to get to the 'promised land', and after yesterdays announcement, by the "premier" (ROFlMFAO) league they dont have a hope in hell.

Florist for instance have so many players i believe they could put out a different starting 11 every week for a whole month. Thats not sustainable, but shows you the mid set of clubs that , like mine in the past, thought the back stabbing prem was the only place to be. 

I wonder how many clubs are now defacating themselves now they know the league dont want them?

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So the stadium was sold for an inflated £60m so the accounts would show a profit instead of a massive loss. Didn't something similar happen at Derby?

And Egotricity's accounts showed profits when there were none because unbilled gas charges were 'overestimated' at successive year ends by a mere £11m but it was Ken Anderson that was the 'rogue chairman'!!!!!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:So the stadium was sold for an inflated £60m so the accounts would show a profit instead of a massive loss. Didn't something similar happen at Derby?

And Egotricity's accounts showed profits when there were none because unbilled gas charges were 'overestimated' at successive year ends by a mere £11m but it was Ken Anderson that was the 'rogue chairman'!!!!!
Why are you so shocked, Bob. This is the kind of financial legerdemain that runs most companies. As my old boss said to me, 'you can like it or lump it'.
Anderson was, and is, small beer.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Why are you so shocked, Bob. This is the kind of financial legerdemain that runs most companies. As my old boss said to me, 'you can like it or lump it'.
There's not a lot shocks me, Boncey. But there was no sign or evidence of creative or dubious accounting under Eddie Davies, Ken Anderson or any of their predecessors at BWFC that I know of and I've looked at it a great deal more than most. No shortage of false accusations though.

Didn't take me long to figure out that there was summat that didn't add up at Egotricity and it didn't take me long to 'grasp it'.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
There's not a lot shocks me, Boncey. But there was no sign or evidence of creative or dubious accounting under Eddie Davies, Ken Anderson or any of their predecessors at BWFC that I know of and I've looked at it a great deal more than most. No shortage of false accusations though.

Didn't take me long to figure out that there was summat that didn't add up at Egotricity and it didn't take me long to 'grasp it'.

:clap:

Well said.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Well said.

WTF are you on about. I'll ask again. Much is made of the fact that Ken hasn't been prosecuted for any crime, although a warrant for his arrest was issued during his antics at Southampton. The Tipstaff, was, for whatever reason, unable to serve it.
Now, as far as I know, neither Dale Vince, nor Ecotricity, have broken any laws of the land, but if they have, please point them out to me, or do us all a favour and shut the fuck up.
Grasp it?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Indeed - there's a huge difference between false accusations and unproven accusations.
It comes across as though in Anderson's case, unproven = innocent whereas in Dale's case, unproven = guilty. Somewhat biased don't you think?

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
WTF are you on about. I'll ask again. Much is made of the fact that Ken hasn't been prosecuted for any crime, although a warrant for his arrest was issued during his antics at Southampton. The Tipstaff, was, for whatever reason, unable to serve it.
Now, as far as I know, neither Dale Vince, nor Ecotricity, have broken any laws of the land, but if they have, please point them out to me, or do us all a favour and shut the fuck up.
Grasp it?
A bit of an enigma is Boncey. Sometimes he seems almost rational if a bit, well you know, daft. But there's summat not quite wired up right there. A shame really, because he's not unlikeable.

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
A bit of an enigma is Boncey. Sometimes he seems almost rational if a bit, well you know, daft. But there's summat not quite wired up right there. A shame really, because he's not unlikeable.

It’s not complicated, you’re the daft one if you can’t grasp the point he’s making.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Well said.

Grasp it?

Wtf am I on about?

What the fuck are you on about more like.

Bob basically said in his post I replied to - which clearly you took umbrage at - is that -

1 - the BWFC accounts over a number of years have shown no dubious or creative accounting and that

2 - there's been no shortage of false accusations though.

Loads of people on social media made accusations that Eddie was up to no good and the accounts were all a sham - have you forgotten that or something???

And there's more than plenty accused Anderson for being less than economical with the truth when it came to the accounts as well - have you forgotten that as well???

Or did it not happen and I just dreamt these things?

Of course it happened, many, many false accusations were made, and no doubt some are still making them to this day.

I haven't a clue why you got your knickers in a twist over something that is clearly factual???

Nobody has said in mine or Bob's post above about breaking the law, or Vince and his company breaking the law have they, or do I need to go to Specsavers because there's clearly something here I'm not seeing.

Now is it wrong of me to agree with that - which is all I did?

As for the final part of Bob's post he clearly sees something that does look dubious or creative in Vince's company accounts and the constant turnover of Finance Directors there suggest they too aren't comfortable enough to stick around for long either.

Just sheer coincidence perhaps?

Maybe.

But not everyone is as 'obliging' as your old bosses accountants, maybe what they were doing and Vince too might be legal but it doesn't make it ethical or seemingly want highly qualified professional accountants to hang around there because clearly non of them actually are for long.

You've long since made your mind up about Anderson and Bob's got a bee in his bonnet about Vince.

As far as I can tell Anderson has been exonerated whilst at BWFC in that the courts representatives have looked in detail as to what went on and Anderson has not been brought to book and it's well over a year now since they went through the accounts.

If Vince has been dubious and creative with his books then sooner or later something is going to hit the fan is it not and then we'll see if he walks away exonerated too shall we?

Until then neither Eddie, Anderson or Vince haven't broken any laws have they (do warrants for arrest have a sell by date, if not why didn't he get arrested whilst he was here at Bolton Wanderers then?) yet it didn't stop ceaseless false allegations being made against Eddie and Ken did it and I may need Specsavers again but I don't think I've seen Bob make any accusations that Vince had broken the law either have I?

If so please feel free to point them out to me.

Jesus, there's a few who are happy to give a bit of grief out but there seems to be very few able to take it.

It's the internet ffs, lighten up.

If you don't like someone then ignore them, it's as simple as that.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Wtf am I on about?

What the fuck are you on about more like.

Bob basically said in his post I replied to - which clearly you took umbrage at - is that -

1 - the BWFC accounts over a number of years have shown no dubious or creative accounting and that

2 - there's been no shortage of false accusations though.

Loads of people on social media made accusations that Eddie was up to no good and the accounts were all a sham - have you forgotten that or something???

And there's more than plenty accused Anderson for being less than economical with the truth when it came to the accounts as well - have you forgotten that as well???

Or did it not happen and I just dreamt these things?

Of course it happened, many, many false accusations were made, and no doubt some are still making them to this day.

I haven't a clue why you got your knickers in a twist over something that is clearly factual???

Nobody has said in mine or Bob's post above about breaking the law, or Vince and his company breaking the law have they, or do I need to go to Specsavers because there's clearly something here I'm not seeing.

Now is it wrong of me to agree with that - which is all I did?

As for the final part of Bob's post he clearly sees something that does look dubious or creative in Vince's company accounts and the constant turnover of Finance Directors there suggest they too aren't comfortable enough to stick around for long either.

Just sheer coincidence perhaps?

Maybe.

But not everyone is as 'obliging' as your old bosses accountants, maybe what they were doing and Vince too might be legal but it doesn't make it ethical or seemingly want highly qualified professional accountants to hang around there because clearly non of them actually are for long.

You've long since made your mind up about Anderson and Bob's got a bee in his bonnet about Vince.

As far as I can tell Anderson has been exonerated whilst at BWFC in that the courts representatives have looked in detail as to what went on and Anderson has not been brought to book and it's well over a year now since they went through the accounts.

If Vince has been dubious and creative with his books then sooner or later something is going to hit the fan is it not and then we'll see if he walks away exonerated too shall we?

Until then neither Eddie, Anderson or Vince haven't broken any laws have they (do warrants for arrest have a sell by date, if not why didn't he get arrested whilst he was here at Bolton Wanderers then?) yet it didn't stop ceaseless false allegations being made against Eddie and Ken did it and I may need Specsavers again but I don't think I've seen Bob make any accusations that Vince had broken the law either have I?

If so please feel free to point them out to me.

Jesus, there's a few who are happy to give a bit of grief out but there seems to be very few able to take it.

It's the internet ffs, lighten up.

If you don't like someone then ignore them, it's as simple as that.
I should have made clear I was addressing Bob.He kindly suggest I was 'sometimes rational, daft, and not quite wired up right'.
Over the years on here, I've claimed to be Bruce Forsyth's biggest fan, a Native American from Farnworth, an owner and trainer of attack lobsters, and of regularly covering myself in goose fat. Forget the pencil skirts.
So, for Bob to say I'm daft, or not wired right is stating the bleedin' obvious.
Bonce is a creation, a construct, and he's allowed me to have a lot of fun on here, and I'm grateful to everyone who's kindly joined in with the joke, but, sadly, the time has come to end it.
The fun has been sucked out of Nuts. For me at least, and it's no longer a pleasure to log in.
I won't reply to the main body of your text, Sluffy, I'll be wasting my time.
However, I'd like to put on record my thanks for what you, and the rest of the mods have done in keeping Nuts afloat. I hope it keeps growing.
So, that's it from Bonce. Be kind, and stay safe.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well that is a catastrophe for this site if Boncey has indeed gone! Give me ten people on here as funny and interesting and contribute as much as Boncey over the current plague of this site that is nine bob. He is single handledly wrecking this site!

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So Boncey's quit. It stopped being fun when 'the gang' were challenged, questioned, confronted and  exposed.

To be fair he always was the pick of the bunch by a country mile. I hope he enjoys his 'retirement' and finds something fruitful to do with his spare time.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It stopped being fun the moment you joined here you energy vampire. Do us all a favour and crawl back under your rock or find some other forum to bore the arse off.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:It stopped being fun the moment you joined here you energy vampire. Do us all a favour and crawl back under your rock or find some other forum to bore the arse off.
Sadly its because there are people with attitudes like yours that this man's nursing career ended and he is wearing a gag.

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/news/former-nurse-blasts-morecambe-bay-health-trusts-whistleblowing-policy-659569

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its nothing like that nine bob, you aren't a whistleblower or doing anything remotely worthwhile or noble on here. 

You're just a boring old man with an irrational hated towards certain people that is slowing killing this site. If it's just me that feels this way then i'll happily join Boncey and not bother coming on here again.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Its nothing like that nine bob, you aren't a whistleblower or doing anything remotely worthwhile or noble on here. 

You're just a boring old man with an irrational hated towards certain people that is slowing killing this site. If it's just me that feels this way then i'll happily join Boncey and not bother coming on here again.
Apart from being a blockhead who knows nowt your comments show you to be a bit of a creepy individual with a vile and nasty attitude to the elderly.

Boncey was capable of entertaining but you; not in a million years.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have nothing against the elderly, just you. You wouldn't know entertaining if it came and bit you on the arse which is why its a massive shame Boncey feels he can't come on here now as he has contributed more to this site than you ever will.

Just ban me now mods and do me a favour before i really tell him how i feel. If this is someones fake account it's time to pull the plug now

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum