Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers close to landing ex-Wolves, QPR and Stoke City midfielder Karl Henry

+4
wanderlust
Leeds_Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS are closing in on the signing of former QPR and Wolves midfielder Karl Henry, The Bolton News understands.
The tough-tackling midfielder has been training with Premier League West Brom and has been recommended to Phil Parkinson by Baggies boss Tony Pulis.
Henry, aged 34, has close to 500 career appearances, over 100 of which have been played in the top flight.
He captained Wolves before spending four years at Loftus Road and helping the Londoners to promotion from the Championship.

The Wolverhampton-born midfielder only made 15 appearances for QPR last season, however, before leaving the club in the summer.
Wanderers have been looking through potential free agents in an effort to add some spark to their flagging squad, which travels to Bristol City tomorrow night looking for a first win of the season.
Henry’s signing, if completed, would also hinge on EFL clearance.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15557238.Wanderers_closing_in_on_deal_for_ex_Premier_League_midfielder/

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't say I've seen him play in a while, but he could certainly tackle.

A step in the right direction.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Typical Bolton fans on Twitter slagging him off before he's even kicked a ball for us. How do they expect him to give it his all when he's getting slagged off before he's even put on the white shirt? I know I wouldn't want to if I was him. Our fans piss me off at times.  Absolute wankers.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see what the problem is. We're crying out for a "hard man" in the middle who actually knows how to tackle. His age doesn't concern me, he's only a year older than me and I'm definitely in my prime.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I can't see what the problem is. We're crying out for a "hard man" in the middle who actually knows how to tackle. His age doesn't concern me, he's only a year older than me and I'm definitely in my prime.
They are wankers Nat. They are probably the ones who left 10mins before time on Saturday. They can piss off and go support city, we don't need supporters like that.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Useful signing if he still has the engine.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:They are wankers Nat. They are probably the ones who left 10mins before time on Saturday.

I stayed until the end to miss the traffic.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i used to hate this dirty bastard when he was at Wolves now he's just what we need

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I can't see what the problem is. We're crying out for a "hard man" in the middle who actually knows how to tackle. His age doesn't concern me, he's only a year older than me and I'm definitely in my prime.

Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Henry's just tweeted that he's signed (or at least that's how I read it to be).

Very pleased to sign for @OfficialBWFC and can't wait to get stuck in! #BWFC

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Few morons on Twitter/Facebook getting him mixed up with James Henry. You couldn't write this stuff

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kane57 wrote:Few morons on Twitter/Facebook getting him mixed up with James Henry. You couldn't write this stuff
They are taking the piss.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think you give them too much credit

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kane57 wrote:I think you give them too much credit 
Or you are just really naive & gullible. You do know wrestling is scripted don't you Christopher? Just Thought I would check.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Or you are just really naive & gullible. You do know wrestling is scripted don't you Christopher? Just Thought I would check.

Why don't you ask Valeska

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kane57 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Why don't you ask Valeska
Maybe I will ask your attempt at a Nat rip off.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Go for it

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kane57 wrote:Go for it
Think you've been watching too many of Santino's, Santina segments.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wrestling is scripted? :Overreact:

Say it ain't so!!!!!!  :shootinggun:

As to Henry I think it's a good signing. Like Nat says he's tough and can actually tackle, not only that but I seem to remember his distribution isn't bad either and God knows we need a player of that type right now. It's definitely a step in the right direction imo.  :COYW: :good:

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:i used to hate this dirty bastard when he was at Wolves now he's just what we need
Totally agree in terms of bargain basement signings seems to be the best we can hope for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum