Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spearing or Henry?

+6
Wanderers for 45
Leeds_Trotter
Fabians Right Peg
Kane57
Bread2.0
Sluffy
10 posters

Reply to topic

Spearing or Henry

Spearing or Henry? Vote_lcap0%Spearing or Henry? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Spearing or Henry? Vote_lcap77%Spearing or Henry? Vote_rcap 77% [ 10 ]
Spearing or Henry? Vote_lcap23%Spearing or Henry? Vote_rcap 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spearing or Henry? Empty Spearing or Henry? Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:13 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Spearing our captain last season and still without a club or Henry, knocking on 35 years old and a reputation as a hard man - if you could only chose one to sign who would you have taken?

2Spearing or Henry? Empty Re: Spearing or Henry? Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:32 am

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thierry Henry, obviously.

3Spearing or Henry? Empty Re: Spearing or Henry? Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:42 am

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Henry has a better CV, so I'll go for him

4Spearing or Henry? Empty Re: Spearing or Henry? Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:45 am

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Would take both over Karacan and Morais as centre midfielders which is what we had for Brentford.

5Spearing or Henry? Empty Re: Spearing or Henry? Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:57 am

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Spearing left us thinking he could do better, therefore I've voted Henry.

6Spearing or Henry? Empty Re: Spearing or Henry? Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 am

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Fuck Spearing, I hope he's stuck with no club all season.Leauge 1 player at best in my opinion. At least Henry is coming to play for the enjoyment of the game.Not greed as Spearing ( I think I'm as good as Xavi) did. Twat!

7Spearing or Henry? Empty Re: Spearing or Henry? Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:03 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No idea what Spearing was thinking, what his agent was saying or what the club said to him so based purely on footballing ability - and assuming Henry still has the engine to get around - I'd say they were pretty even. What I do know is that Spearing blew hot and cold and for a long time his passing was atrocious whereas Henry always seemed to have a good game against us however I don't really know if he had a few stinkers for Wolves so it's difficult to assess. Either way, I'm just glad that it looks like we're getting someone who can add a little bite to midfield. 
My concern is if he is played without having someone else beside him who can close down because Parky has played Pratley in that role and the poor guy was asked to close down the entire opposition midfield basically on his own which is an impossible task. The key will be whether or not Parky is willing to play two or three box to box midfielders in the same team because if he went for e.g. Henry, Pratley and Karacan with Vela at 10 they would dominate the middle in many games IMO. Problem there is he would have to leave out some of his favourite signings and have more confidence than he has shown so far in his FBs. Maybe a switch to e.g. 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 would do it?

A Goalie

FB Wheats Beevs FB

Pratley Henry Karacan

Vela 

Striker Striker

Solid through the middle, questions wide.

There are lots of options but whether Henry turns out to be a better signing than Spearing will depend largely on what system he is played in IMO.

8Spearing or Henry? Empty Re: Spearing or Henry? Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:27 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sick of the sight of Spearing.

He had times here where he was alright, and times where he was indifferent. Either way, bored of hearing his name, bored of his association with the club, and the fact that he'd rather be unemployed than play for us on reduced wages tells you everything you need to know about his commitment.

Henry probably won't make a massive impact given his age, but he's been a popular player everywhere he's been. I'd much rather see what he can do than give Spearing another chance.

9Spearing or Henry? Empty Re: Spearing or Henry? Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:12 am

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The last time we were in this league we shipped him out. he played well last season, but walked away so let him go, we wanted a hard tackler no nonsense defensive midfielder, well no one fits that CV at this level better than Henry, would actually like to see him play before making the judgement but it can't be worse than Brentford.

10Spearing or Henry? Empty Re: Spearing or Henry? Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:11 am

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Henry, good tackler and can pass pretty well also. Never mind his age, his game's never been about pace and he reads the game well so doesn't often need to sprint all over the place etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum