Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eddie Davies: Phil Parkinson is the right man for Bolton Wanderers

+5
karlypants
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Sluffy
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS life president and former owner Eddie Davies believes Phil Parkinson is the right man to lead the club forward.
The Isle of Man-based businessman, who grew up in Little Lever, threw his support behind Parkinson in a radio interview aired this afternoon on TalkSport.
Davies claims the manager’s “hands had been tied” during the long ownership wrangles between Ken Anderson and Dean Holdsworth – the men who bought his majority share of the club in March 2016.
“There have been a lot of issues which have had to be sorted out off the pitch which resulted in an embargo, which has just been lifted now,” he said.

"Ken Anderson has sorted out a deal to buy Dean Holdsworth’s shares, sorted out the BluMarble loan and that has restricted Phil Parkinson to some degree until we got the embargo lifted.
“Even so, I think Phil has done a good job. We just have to get our act together and start scoring goals. You only have to look at the statistics to see where the problem is.”
Asked if he thought Parkinson was the right man for the job, the 71-year-old answered: “That’s what we think and that’s the consensus within the club.”
Davies remains confident there is enough time remaining in the season to correct Wanderers’ course, which has thus far seen them fail to win a single game.

"We have still got headroom to get out of this situation and at the end of the day we’re playing in a mini-league at the bottom, we have only got to finish fourth from bottom and we’ve had a successful season.
“It has been more complicated because we have had a rash of injuries. We have got lads coming back – Josh Vela and Sammy Ameobi – who we really need.
“But at the moment we’ve got about nine players out of a squad of 23 – I’m not complaining or making that as an excuse, it’s just another factor in the equation.”
Davies says he is kept abreast of the latest information at Wanderers at board level but says his days of bankrolling the club – he claims to the tune of £180million in the books – are over.

“Ken Anderson keeps me up to date on what’s going on, at least at the stadium level, but the way we are looking at it is we’d rather be in this position after nine games than with nine games to go.
“I’d still do anything to try and help them, within reason. I’ve done my stint of putting in massive sums of money now, it’s for someone else to pick the baton up and run with it. I’ll give them all the help I possibly can.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15558948.Eddie_Davies__Parkinson_is_the_right_man_for_Bolton_Wanderers/

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All the help he can? Fuck off Eddie you left us in the shit when you pulled out and left the cupboard bare, and whats with all the we as well?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:All the help he can? Fuck off Eddie you left us in the shit when you pulled out and left the cupboard bare, and whats with all the we as well?

I'll look forward to you putting in £180m then Norpig.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if i had it i would but seeing as i'm skint then all i can stretch to £1.80.

I have no issue with him funding us but the way he pulled the plug and left us to blunder on for months with staff not getting paid and us nearly going into administation ruined his reputation for me

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:if i had it i would but seeing as i'm skint then all i can stretch to £1.80.

I have no issue with him funding us but the way he pulled the plug and left us to blunder on for months with staff not getting paid and us nearly going into administation ruined his reputation for me

Fair enough. But I'll need to see proof of this £1.80 investment.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'll buy an extra pasty that should cover it  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i'll buy an extra pasty that should cover it  Very Happy

Always thinking of your belly. Buy a salad.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Things must be bad when Parky's getting the dreaded vote of confidence.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:if i had it i would but seeing as i'm skint then all i can stretch to £1.80.
You should have thought about this before you decided to extend your house with a dormer.  Evil or Very Mad

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no dormer mate but we did have a loft conversion that involved a hip to gable roof change and lots of other things which cost a fortune  Crying or Very sad

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

The pain the pain 0 wins 0 goals in 7 fuck me how many games does it take for a team to go undefeated before we sack the manager.
Millwall we beat twice yet they've won 3 drew 4 and lost 3. Are they so much better than us after all we drew 1-1 there.
So questions do have to be answered. Brentford have won 1 game v Us. So Sheffield United are 5 th ( I think) Millwall are mid table .
We are the only club in the Leauge not to have won a match.
PATIENCE IS WEARING THIN.

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

When I say the only team not to win a match YES all 92 teams.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Is this the same bloke who said Freedman, Coyle, Megson, Lee, and Lennon were the right men for the job ???, yep ringing endorsement that Parky !!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers for 45 wrote:
Millwall we beat twice yet they've won 3 drew 4 and lost 3. Are they so much better than us after all we drew 1-1 there.
So questions do have to be answered. Brentford have won 1 game v Us. So Sheffield United are 5 th ( I think) Millwall are mid table .
If you look at their signings over the summer, all three clubs have done some canny deals, especially Brentford who offloaded Colin and Jota for the best part of £10 million and brought in Maupay from St Etienne, Mokotjo from FC Twente and a few other quality players. The fact is that whilst all three clubs are operating on lowish budgets they could still afford to offer decent wages for quality - whereas we have had to scrape the barrel for the leftovers. It's entirely understandable that they are doing better than us.

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Wanderers for 45 wrote:When I say the only team not to win a match YES all 92 teams.

Crystal Palace have played six and lost six in the Premier League. They also have not scored a single goal this season, unlike us who have scored a few. The difference is that they sacked the Manager after four of those games. It changed nothing. It would be great if we could change the Manager, but first, we can't afford to sack him, and second, the new Manager would inherit the same sack of crap players that we already have. Any free agents out there at this stage of the season would either be crap themselves or waiting around for more money than we can offer them.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

People just need somebody to blame for the mess this team is and Parky is always gonna be that person from a big percentage of the fans.

I'm sorry but Parkinson's approach is no different to how it was last season. It's only now that we're a laughing stock that people start to question every little thing he does. He's too negative...it's all route one...why does he play suchabody on that side...why does he play that midfield when it's always gonna get overrun...

None of the complaints I've read about Parky's tactics or selections this season couldn't as easily have been put forward last season, but only a select few people bothered or even noticed because we were winning games.

I'm not judging because everyone is guilty of it at least sometimes but I just wish that while we get through one of the most worrying periods in our history off the field, people could get some perspective of what the big problems really are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum