Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Octoberfest

+8
Bread2.0
observer
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Octoberfest Empty Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 16:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With all this talk about relegation, sacking Parky and our inability to score goals I was wondering where we might find a scintilla of hope - and decided to put my faith in October.

In October we have 4 winnable games against mediocre opposition.
We will probably have a full squad to pick from.
All the players will have had a rest after the international break.
Henry will have bedded into the team.
There will have been plenty of time to work on systems.
We will be desperate to get points on the board seeing as November's fixtures are really tough and the players and manager will have no excuses not to perform.

If there is going to be any kind of renaissance this season, it really does have to happen in October.

OK I'm clutching at straws but to be honest, our October schedule is looking like the only straw in town ATM. 

Anyone else think we still have a chance of turning the corner?

2Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 16:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no  Very Happy

3Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 17:29

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Maybe. A lot will depend on how the players use the international break. If I was Parky I'd have them in for extra training and spend the time drilling a system into their heads that they all understand and will adhere to. I think we'll need to treat this as a 35 game season rather than 46 and clean the slate for everyone. We're not actually all that far adrift on points and one decent run could see us up to mid table. We all know and have seen this division throw up some very strange results so I'm not giving up on survival yet by any means. In all truth I doubt we can get much above 20th in May but for now I'd certainly take that and if we CAN acquire a couple of decent additions in January I'd say we have a very real chance of doing it.

4Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 18:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need to start by getting three points away at Villa.

5Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 18:55

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:We need to start by getting three points away at Villa.
I think that's unlikely given Villa's form but it WOULD help if we could. A nice morale boost going into the break would be very welcome indeed.

6Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 19:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be happy to keep the score in single figures.

7Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 19:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd just like us to score a goal. A scramble over the line would do.

Is that too much to ask?

8Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 20:15

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:I'd just like us to score a goal. A scramble over the line would do.

Is that too much to ask?
Apparently, YES! Need Santa to show up early this year and gift us some goals. santa

9Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 20:33

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's going to be a record breaking season.

Just....not in a good way.

10Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 20:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:It's going to be a record breaking season.

Why, are you going to an actual real life match?

11Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 20:41

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think we will score a goal in October or pick up any points.

12Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 21:57

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:With all this talk about relegation, sacking Parky and our inability to score goals I was wondering where we might find a scintilla of hope - and decided to put my faith in October.

In October we have 4 winnable games against mediocre opposition.
We will probably have a full squad to pick from.
All the players will have had a rest after the international break.
Henry will have bedded into the team.
There will have been plenty of time to work on systems.
We will be desperate to get points on the board seeing as November's fixtures are really tough and the players and manager will have no excuses not to perform.

If there is going to be any kind of renaissance this season, it really does have to happen in October.

OK I'm clutching at straws but to be honest, our October schedule is looking like the only straw in town ATM. 

Anyone else think we still have a chance of turning the corner?

Mediocre is something we can only aspire to at the moment.

Out of interest Lusty, which October fixtures do you see as winnable because I'm struggling to wrestle a single point from these games?

October Fixtures
Wednesday (h)
QPR (h)
Fulham (a)
Sunderland (a)

scratch

13Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 22:22

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:It's going to be a record breaking season.

Why, are you going to an actual real life match?

Do you think I'm fucking stupid?

14Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 23:00

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

finlay I can see a point from each of the two home games, a drubbing by fulham and maybe a point but more likely a loss to sunderland. That said the break may be just what we need and with a full strength (such as it is squad) to pick from when we come back we may do much better than that.

15Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Wed Sep 27 2017, 23:10

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:finlay I can see a point from each of the two home games, a drubbing by fulham and maybe a point but more likely a loss to sunderland. That said the break may be just what we need and with a full strength (such as it is squad) to pick from when we come back we may do much better than that.
We need to find a goal scorer/poacher/shooter... who doesn't hit the post, the side netting, or sky it over the net. We need better service. We need to defend better. I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two other things. But as everyone points out, 2-3 wins in a row would put us back in the mix. Without scoring, I fear that will not happen. Who can we acquire who is a free agent who knows how to score (and that does not mean Nat)!

16Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Thu Sep 28 2017, 15:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Out of interest Lusty, which October fixtures do you see as winnable because I'm struggling to wrestle a single point from these games?

October Fixtures
Wednesday (h)
QPR (h)
Fulham (a)
Sunderland (a)

scratch
IF Vela is back and IF Parky goes with and works on a system that puts us further up the park and IF we get a bit of luck then we might win both home games and get draws away. 

Not enough to get us out of the drop zone but enough to keep us on the pace.

17Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Fri Sep 29 2017, 07:44

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:

October Fixtures
Wednesday (h)
QPR (h)
Fulham (a)
Sunderland (a)

scratch
IF Vela is back and IF Parky goes with and works on a system that puts us further up the park and IF we get a bit of luck then we might win both home games and get draws away. 

Lusty? You're crackers, mate. 8 points (and 3 IFs) in October? You do know we currently have 2 from 10 games, right? Properly crackers.

18Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Fri Sep 29 2017, 09:27

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The current situation reminds me of when we went down to League 1. Every game I was thinking ok we will get something out of this and start climbing up the table. It didn't happen. The only problem this time is that we look worse than two years ago.  If we get anything out of those games I can imagine it will be one point in a 0-0 at home to QPR. I don't think we have a chance in any of the others.

19Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Fri Sep 29 2017, 11:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:

October Fixtures
Wednesday (h)
QPR (h)
Fulham (a)
Sunderland (a)

scratch

Lusty? You're crackers, mate. 8 points (and 3 IFs) in October? You do know we currently have 2 from 10 games, right? Properly crackers.
You mean properly optimistic providing all those ducks line up. As you say, it's a lot of "ifs" which is why I wrote we "might" get those results. But we're going to need some radical change if it has any chance of happening and surely Parky has got to the point where he realises that change is essential now.

20Octoberfest Empty Re: Octoberfest Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:14

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Dunkels King wrote:The current situation reminds me of when we went down to League 1. Every game I was thinking ok we will get something out of this and start climbing up the table. It didn't happen. The only problem this time is that we look worse than two years ago.  If we get anything out of those games I can imagine it will be one point in a 0-0 at home to QPR. I don't think we have a chance in any of the others.

This man's opinion should be listened to and respected.

His mother taught me to read.

Wonderful lady.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum