Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is streaming and downloading as good?

+3
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
doffcocker
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Is streaming and downloading as good? Empty Is streaming and downloading as good? Wed Sep 27 2017, 19:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm the only person I know who still spends money on physical media, and I've no intention of changing that.

Downloading a film or streaming on Netflix, or whatever, to me just isn't the same as walking out of HMV with a CD or DVD in a case and cover.

Yes it's more expensive, but buying and keeping them is half the fun.

Is it only a matter of time before discs are a thing of the past though, like videos and tapes?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i do still buy CD's but even that is reducing now and i download more from itunes and other sites like Bandcamp. It does seem a bit pointless buying CD's now as all i do is put it on itunes and never play the CD but i'm old fashioned and still like CD's

Netflix is great for streaming, the kids still love DVD's but they use Netflix and sky go and sky kids all the time, i haven't bought a DVD for myself for years.

A youngster like you shouldn't even own a CD or DVD player, get with the times Grandad  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A download is worthless the minute it hits your PC.

A CD still has the potential to be worth money, a lot in some rare cases. Plus you can't beat the feel of holding it in your hand.

CDs won't ever disappear because one day people will wake up to the utter insanity of paying £7.99 for something that doesn't really exist.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Plus you can't beat the feel of holding it in your hand.

Could you just confirm that we're still on the same topic.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Could you just confirm that we're still on the same topic.

Typical of you to turn a serious thread into a knob thread.

I love my CD collection. I have it in alphabetical order.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem with my CD collection is that I can never find what I'm looking for.
Despite my good intentions,setting them out alphabetically,or by genre or artist,inevitably falls into confusion.
I have the same problem with books and DVD's.
You can imagine the scene surrounding my desk.
I supposed I've got used to it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i have the same issue with my CD's Boncey, they are just in a random order and can take ages if i need to dig one out.

My main issue now is what do i do when my Ipod classic breaks? They've stopped making them now which is madness. I love having my entire collection available on one little device.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have Spotify for the family for £15.00 a month for music so we have no need to buy a CD. You want to listen to a song and you're listening within a few seconds. I used to buy DVDs but they took up a lot of room, sand would rarely watch a DVD multiple times so streaming a movie makes much more sense.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I have Spotify for the family for £15.00 a month for music so we have no need to buy a CD.  You want to listen to a song and you're listening within a few seconds.  I used to buy DVDs but they took up a lot of room, sand would rarely watch a DVD multiple times so streaming a movie makes much more sense.  

Do you pay for the air you breath as well?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have music in various forms but vinyl trumps everything, crackles and all!
All mp3's need to be securely backed up and if they are not 320 quality the sound is degraded badly.
Flac downloads are excellent.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:I have Spotify for the family for £15.00 a month for music so we have no need to buy a CD.  You want to listen to a song and you're listening within a few seconds.  I used to buy DVDs but they took up a lot of room, sand would rarely watch a DVD multiple times so streaming a movie makes much more sense.  

Do you pay for the air you breath as well?

No - Do you pay for the CD's you listen to?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:No - Do you pay for the CD's you listen to?

Yes, very much so. But they still hold a value.

A download or streaming is worthless the minute you hand over your cash. No re-sale value whatsoever.

It's like buying a new car then driving it over a cliff.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I sold all my DVDs i was lucky to get £1 each for them...CDs looked at that place online that buys them and they were like £0.20 offered for albums. Really hold no value what so ever

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:When I sold all my DVDs i was lucky to get £1 each for them...CDs looked at that place online that buys them and they were like £0.20 offered for albums.  Really hold no value what so ever

If you're buying Lady Gaga and Little Mix CDs then yes, I agree.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So for me streaming music is the correct thing to do?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:So for me streaming music is the correct thing to do?

Yes, you download as many Little Mix songs as you can handle.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks cheers

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KP must love streaming then with his awful taste in music  Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't shift my Brucie CD's for love nor money. scratch

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Can't shift my Brucie CD's for love nor money. scratch
They usually say that he's worth more money dead.

But he didn't do so well in this case! Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum