Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you use Uber?

+3
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do you use Uber? Empty Do you use Uber? Sat Sep 23 2017, 00:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Mainly a London thing for now but Uber has lost its licence with TFL (Transport for London), which basically means kicking them off the road.

There main issue seems to be about passenger safety - which is obviously fair enough - but is this the way to sort out the problem?

I've only ever used Uber once - and even then as a passenger - my daughter who was with me booked one and paid for it over the phone (I don't even know how she did that - via an app I guess?).

Do you use Uber (or airbnb, or anything else more technical and innovative than the normal ways of doing things).

If so what do you like about them/ and what do you not?

I certainly liked the way payment was done by credit card - I had my hand in my pocket for my wallet, when I got the good news I didn't have to pay for something for once!

To be honest I'm feeling a bit left behind technology wise these days.

I'm sure I could probably do all the techy stuff if someone bothered to show me how.

My daughter when I ask her stuff simply takes my phone off me, taps the screen a few times - and whatever I wanted is done - when I ask her to show me, she simply says it would take too long to explain.

Kids eh!

Anyway back to the point is Uber good or not?

2Do you use Uber? Empty Re: Do you use Uber? Sat Sep 23 2017, 00:46

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

used them a couple of times whilst in London. first time the driver just drove off because i wasnt outside to meet them within a couple of mins...ordered another one and shared it with another random passenger, guess this was the cheaper option. obviously was paid via my bank card linked to the app (very easy to set up) price was reasonable. I also used Uber being worse for wear (pissed) asked the driver to stop of at mcdonalds before going back to a travel lodge from the savoy. Woke up in the morning and noticed they tried charging me about £35 for the journey. I complained and got about 50% knocked off, but i did think most people wouldnt have complained and they would have got away with charging a stupidly high price...

3Do you use Uber? Empty Re: Do you use Uber? Sat Sep 23 2017, 10:08

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No-Rammy taxis does the job for me!
But 400,000 people in London have signed a petition to have their license reinstated- so it seems a very sizeable proportion of London  citizenry appreciate their services

4Do you use Uber? Empty Re: Do you use Uber? Sat Sep 23 2017, 13:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Black Cab Drivers monopoly was broken however they are claiming that Uber doesn't vet it's drivers properly and are citing a number of assaults and rapes to justify the case against them. No figures were given for complaints against Black Cab drivers.
I'm wondering how the ban could be enforceable. Surely if my mate was a taxi driver in e.g. Bolton and I rang him up to pick me up at Euston Station he could do without breaking any laws, couldn't he?

5Do you use Uber? Empty Re: Do you use Uber? Sat Sep 23 2017, 14:36

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I use Uber when I am in London because it is cheap aand efficient. Never had any problems.
Hopefully Uber will improve their cooperation with the police and improve their screening of drivers and be back in business soon.
Black cabs are very expensive and their drivers have been known to rip off customers and in one notorious case rape women.

6Do you use Uber? Empty Re: Do you use Uber? Sat Sep 23 2017, 15:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Metro all the way for me.

7Do you use Uber? Empty Re: Do you use Uber? Wed Sep 27 2017, 12:50

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

On the same week Uber lose their London licence Ryan Air take on 125 new pilots worrying or what.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum