Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bloody Vodafone!

+8
Boggersbelief
Norpig
rammywhite
Leeds_Trotter
gloswhite
Sluffy
karlypants
boltonbonce
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bloody Vodafone! Empty Bloody Vodafone! Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:16 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was due an upgrade. Great. I completed the business online and waited for my new phone to arrive. Nothing. They said there had been an error.
Four time this happened. So I decided to call 191 and complete my upgrade with the upgrade team. I put the phone down thinking I'd finally got the job done.
No. Two minutes later,the guy calls back saying that,according to the computer,my number had already been upgraded,but if I accepted a new number they could go through with my upgrade as agreed.
In desperation I accepted,and was told my phone would arrive today. Nothing.
Having just been in touch,they said they were looking into my case,and that it wouldn't take longer than eight weeks! Eight fucking weeks!!
My contract expires on April 14th,and they won't see me for dust.

2Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:19 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good god! I feel your pain Boncey! 

8 weeks?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked

3Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:49 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Get on twitter and tweet them direct with how you've been treated - they will soon pull their finger out!

4Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:01 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Get on twitter and tweet them direct with how you've been treated - they will soon pull their finger out!

Not bothered now. Come April 14th I'm off to pastures new.

5Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:18 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The problem with Vodafone is that the telephone service and the shop service operate almost independently of each other, and can't seem to work with each other. 
Be very careful of any freebies, they will be for a limited time, but if you don't inform them, they will continue to charge you. (These you can check in the shops)

6Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:22 am

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Will never use Vodafone, I've always had problems when dealing with them in the past. Then whenever I tried to sort it out over the phone, I be speaking to someone lacking basic English skills. EE or o2 are by far the better providers. I can always send you a few l[size=30]inks to a few sites I've used in the past to get good deals.[/size]

7Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:39 am

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Read the thread I started about Telephone Tossers- and you cna add Vodafone to the list. Modern technology s great but we have become so dependent on it in too many customer facing situations that we end up with situations like this. I sympathise with your frustration.

8Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The guy on the phone was so false. Started asking me about Warrington RL club,and mentioned he was a Wigan supporter.
I really couldn't have cared less. All I wanted was a simple upgrade.
Having just checked,I can get the same deal I wanted with Vodafone at Tesco mobile for half the price.
Had an email from Vodafone saying they'll call me back today. More blather.

9Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:36 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tesco mobile are good Boncey, i've been with them for a few years now and never had a problem.

10Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:38 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Tesco mobile are good Boncey, i've been with them for a few years now and never had a problem.
Thanks Norpig. They'll be getting my custom. 

I should add that the Vodafone website is also a nightmare to deal with.

11Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:40 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the amount of sim only deals out there that are 30-day rolling contracts and the great deals that you can get on pay as you go, I’m surprised people still go for the traditional contract phone and sim these days.

12Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:44 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:With the amount of sim only deals out there that are 30-day rolling contracts and the great deals that you can get on pay as you go, I’m surprised people still go for the traditional contract phone and sim these days.
Probably right KP,but some of us old codgers can't be arsed looking about for deals.
We've only got so many years left in the tank,and most would rather spend them in a more fruitful way. Very Happy

13Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:19 am

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3 is the best network

14Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:55 am

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I hope you made it clear to Vodafone that you were also giving them a months notice of termination of contract. They're one down from "Snake oil salesmen" and are expert at banging on charges.

15Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:02 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:I hope you made it clear to Vodafone that you were also giving them a months notice of termination of contract. They're one down from "Snake oil salesmen" and are expert at banging on charges.
Yes. I've come across some smarmy types in my time,but this lot take the biscuit. Curry's run them close though.

16Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:10 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just had a text from Vodafone saying someone will be calling me in the next 30 minutes.

His name,believe it or not is,John Purification. Are they taking the piss?

17Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:43 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just had a chat with Mr Purification. He says my upgrade isn't going through because my sim isn't being recognised. I need a new one.
I've had enough for the moment. I'm off to plan my Cheltenham bets.
Unless the Russians get to me first.

18Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:14 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Just had a chat with Mr Purification. He says my upgrade isn't going through because my sim isn't being recognised.

Could be true with what he is saying to be honest.

If your phone is from the dark age and uses a standard size sim card and your new upgrade takes a micro or nano sim card then your existing sim card won't physically fit in the new phone.

19Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:32 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Just had a chat with Mr Purification. He says my upgrade isn't going through because my sim isn't being recognised.

If your phone is from the dark age and uses a standard size sim card and your new upgrade takes a micro or nano sim card then your existing sim card won't physically fit in the new phone.
I'm getting a new sim,so hopefully it should be OK. My present phone is a Windows phone. 

In passing,does anyone else struggle with an internet connection in the Macron?

20Bloody Vodafone! Empty Re: Bloody Vodafone! Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:34 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

I'm getting a new sim,so hopefully it should be OK. My present phone is a Windows phone. 

In passing,does anyone else struggle with an internet connection in the Macron?

The 3G signal has always been bad inside the Macron.

People were requesting free wifi but BWFC said it would cost too much to implement Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum