Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Picking the best out of a bad bunch

+7
wanderlust
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
karlypants
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Pick a manager

Picking the best out of a bad bunch Vote_lcap29%Picking the best out of a bad bunch Vote_rcap 29% [ 4 ]
Picking the best out of a bad bunch Vote_lcap7%Picking the best out of a bad bunch Vote_rcap 7% [ 1 ]
Picking the best out of a bad bunch Vote_lcap21%Picking the best out of a bad bunch Vote_rcap 21% [ 3 ]
Picking the best out of a bad bunch Vote_lcap43%Picking the best out of a bad bunch Vote_rcap 43% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Picking the best out of a bad bunch Empty Picking the best out of a bad bunch Tue Oct 03 2017, 17:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you could swap Parky for any of the recent managers in the poll who would you have?

Would you still stick with Parkinson?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

When we get relegated, he is the man to get us promotion to the Championship.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You left Megson out.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a bit like asking would you rather have sex with Bonce, Bread, KP or Norpig.

There is no good answer.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:This is a bit like asking would you rather have sex with Bonce, Bread, KP or Norpig.

There is no good answer.
Razz
You cruel ,vicious bitch.

In all seriousness. If megson had been there that would of been my choice

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:In all seriousness.

I was serious. If you had to choose between these five would it be easy?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

L-R  Norpig, Bonce, KP, Bread and GlosWhite on the end.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Tue Oct 03 2017, 20:58; edited 1 time in total

It would be extremely hard to have to let one of them down.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:It would be extremely hard

I'm sure it would.

10Picking the best out of a bad bunch Empty Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch Tue Oct 03 2017, 20:49

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:It would be extremely hard

I'm sure it would.
 and yours wouldnt

11Picking the best out of a bad bunch Empty Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch Tue Oct 03 2017, 21:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel so cheap.

12Picking the best out of a bad bunch Empty Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch Tue Oct 03 2017, 21:24

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:I feel so cheap.
Not really a selling point, but worth a go Bonce, perhaps you should work on your advertising. Laughing

13Picking the best out of a bad bunch Empty Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch Wed Oct 04 2017, 08:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'll shag anything, i'm not fussy as you well know Nat. It was the most amazing yet degrading 2 minutes of my entire life.

14Picking the best out of a bad bunch Empty Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch Wed Oct 04 2017, 11:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure what I have started here. Shocked

15Picking the best out of a bad bunch Empty Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch Wed Oct 04 2017, 11:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you know the rules KP, all threads must descend to either bumchum or sex chat within 6 posts  Very Happy

Last edited by Norpig on Wed Oct 04 2017, 13:03; edited 1 time in total

16Picking the best out of a bad bunch Empty Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch Wed Oct 04 2017, 12:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All these managers had something else in common i.e. they came into a club which was spending beyond our means to buy success which after Allardyce was expected by the fans and as budgets started to tighten and the market for top players changed it became an increasingly difficult job. There's no way any of them could have picked up world class players any more so they had to gamble in the market with mixed results and a few good signings in amongst the dross.
Plus they didn't have the best of luck. Under Coyle we were relegated by the smallest of margins on the last day of the season after the 2-2 draw at Stoke - a game which we could have won.
Freedman narrowly missed out on the playoffs and was sacked the next season after a poor start. Similar story with Lennon who climbed the table and was then sacked for a poor start to the season against a background of players not getting paid.
I can only guess if we'd be in a better position now if any of them had stayed as I'm still undecided if they were bad managers or were merely working for a club in chaos and decline where despite the shenanigans going on off the pitch under Gartside were still expected to win on it.

17Picking the best out of a bad bunch Empty Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch Wed Oct 04 2017, 13:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:you know the rules KP, all threads must descend to either bumchum or sex chat within 6 posts  Very Happy
Fair point. Very Happy

18Picking the best out of a bad bunch Empty Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch Wed Oct 04 2017, 14:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I would still have Coyle because people tend to forget the horrendous injury list he went through the first half of the relegation season with not to mention playing 5 of the previous season's top 6, 4 of them away from home in the first seven games. In the first 19 games of that season we got 9 points. In the second 19 games with an almost fully fit squad he got 27 points, an achievement that would have resulted in 54 points from 38 and would have seen us finish 8th. As has already been pointed out we went down by the narrowest of margins and I still believe it was the aftermath of that last day, almost last minute relegation that began the horrid spiral down we've been on since. We lost too many of our better players on the cheap and had no money to replace them with while our less than stellar others were on insane wages that couldn't be funded at 2nd tier level.

19Picking the best out of a bad bunch Empty Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch Wed Oct 04 2017, 21:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Coyle achieved the impossible and managed to get us relegated with a team that really was to good to go down - but under his management did!

Coyle went on to manage Wigan who then got...

...relegated.

He went on to manage Houston Dynamos who got...

...relegated

He went on to manage Blackburn who got...

...relegated.

Coyle has just been appointed the manager of Ross County.

They will no doubt be relegated this season under this clown too!

20Picking the best out of a bad bunch Empty Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch Wed Oct 04 2017, 21:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So who did you vote for?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum