Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » CARRY ON CONFERENCE

CARRY ON CONFERENCE

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Thu Oct 05 2017, 10:15

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Now that was Funny what a shambles. The F dropping off the board was sending a very strong message FFFFFFFFFFFFFF Off lol

2 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Thu Oct 05 2017, 10:52

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wessy wrote:Now that was Funny what a shambles. The F dropping off the board was sending a very strong message FFFFFFFFFFFFFF Off lol

You're right, what a disaster, the PM had a sore throat and a cough. How dare she!!

We should definitely only vote for politicians that are immune to all illnesses. :facepalm:

3 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Thu Oct 05 2017, 11:05

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The dodgy signage is no more than symbolic of the general lack of direction and weak policies (apart from those nicked from Labour) evident in the conference.

As ex Tory Deputy Chairman Lord Ashcroft said it had "the air of a party that didn't know what it's doing"

TBH after Thatcher I never thought I'd see the day when the Tories admitted they need to build Council Houses. So many U-turns it's impossible to work out who the Tories are trying to be.

4 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Thu Oct 05 2017, 11:15

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nice to see she took her P45. Very Happy

5 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Thu Oct 05 2017, 12:13

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Building houses they can't build a sign lol

6 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Thu Oct 05 2017, 13:22

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wessy wrote:Building houses they can't build a sign lol

You don't build a sign.

7 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Thu Oct 05 2017, 13:34

Bollotom2014

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Severe human abuses going on in Myanmar. Lots of African nations going to the wall. Hurricanes all but destroying the Caribbean and a letter drops off the sign at the Tory Conference. Media are conducted by Murdoch and Osborne and they are being a little bit disingenuous at best, green eyed with envy at worst. The whole friggin' sign could have fallen down and would that have pleased the Labour lot? Oh, yes! About all they have left is what they learned at school in the playground. Asons accused of fiddling, Fat Cliff taking bungs all over the place, JC (The other one) promising the Earth in return for votes. It's swings and roundabouts time. Labour had the Blair/Brown years to sort things out but they just bankrupted us. Tories were a bit slow but there are some glimmerings at the end of the tunnel. Keep faith. It'll work in the end. TM is like a footie mnager. You have to give her time.

8 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Thu Oct 05 2017, 13:55

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If the O,R and Y had fallen off 'country', we might have been close to the truth.

9 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Thu Oct 05 2017, 16:29

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Bollotom2014 wrote: Labour had the Blair/Brown years to sort things out but they just bankrupted us.

Wrong. Greedy rich bankers nearly bankrupted us and had to be bailed out with unbelievable amounts of our money. Yet none of them were ever held accountable.

10 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Thu Oct 05 2017, 16:38

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
xmiles wrote:Wrong. Greedy rich bankers nearly bankrupted us and had to be bailed out with unbelievable amounts of our money. Yet none of them were ever held accountable.

Labour were far from blameless.

11 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Thu Oct 05 2017, 16:45

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:Wrong. Greedy rich bankers nearly bankrupted us and had to be bailed out with unbelievable amounts of our money. Yet none of them were ever held accountable.

Labour were far from blameless.

Yes they deregulated the banks.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjato7I6dnWAhVIa1AKHbKrCvgQFghKMAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fbusiness-13032013&usg=AOvVaw2cPJHo_BEKfUf5fqjfw53f

12 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Fri Oct 06 2017, 16:16

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I know one thing Labour have no chance of winning the next election whenever that is and Corbyn will never be PM.

13 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Fri Oct 06 2017, 16:43

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
xmiles wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:Wrong. Greedy rich bankers nearly bankrupted us and had to be bailed out with unbelievable amounts of our money. Yet none of them were ever held accountable.

Labour were far from blameless.

Yes they deregulated the banks.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjato7I6dnWAhVIa1AKHbKrCvgQFghKMAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fbusiness-13032013&usg=AOvVaw2cPJHo_BEKfUf5fqjfw53f
Very interesting point of time in recent history this because all parties wanted deregulation of the banks at the time without any of them realising the importance of globalisation. 
I met with some senior execs of Aviva a few years back and was told that premium costs were actuarialised globally. Effectively, when the USA is battered by storms and hurricanes, British consumers are directly affected and will have to carry part of the burden via our premiums.
This lesson was partly responsible for my concerns over Brexit.

14 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Fri Oct 06 2017, 17:16

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
The only reason the entire stupid idea that is Brexit hasn't been binned already is because the EU is set to tighten the restrictions on moving vast sums of dodgy money about and there are significant elements within the Tory Party (and their friends) who will (A) directly suffer personally as a result if we're still beholden to Brussels when the law changes and (B) see it as an opportunity to offset the potentially disastrous impact leaving the EU will have on the UK economy.

We may no longer have any manufacturing base to speak of and our exports will consist of little more than shipping un-pierced pigs ears to China (Google it - Gove said so this week) but we will have lots of dirty Russian money propping the banks up in London.

Triffic....



Edit: Here's a link to the Gove / Pigs' ears thing.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obriens-priceless-reaction-to-michael-goves/

15 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Sat Oct 07 2017, 00:19

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Bread2.0 wrote:The only reason the entire stupid idea that is Brexit hasn't been binned already is because the EU is set to tighten the restrictions on moving vast sums of dodgy money about and there are significant elements within the Tory Party (and their friends) who will (A) directly suffer personally as a result if we're still beholden to Brussels when the law changes and (B) see it as an opportunity to offset the potentially disastrous impact leaving the EU will have on the UK economy.

We may no longer have any manufacturing base to speak of and our exports will consist of little more than shipping un-pierced pigs ears to China (Google it - Gove said so this week) but we will have lots of dirty Russian money propping the banks up in London.

Triffic....



Edit: Here's a link to the Gove / Pigs' ears thing.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obriens-priceless-reaction-to-michael-goves/

Unbelievable! And here I was thinking there were no benefits of brexit.

16 Re: CARRY ON CONFERENCE on Sat Oct 07 2017, 17:44

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wonder if there's an untapped market for bugger's muddles and balls ups out there?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum