Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

England v Slovenia

+6
finlaymcdanger
wessy
gloswhite
boltonbonce
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1England v Slovenia Empty England v Slovenia Thu Oct 05 2017, 18:32

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who's watching tonight? I'll be watching, hoping for a comfortable victory and some goals to celebrate - forgot what that feels like Very Happy

2England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Thu Oct 05 2017, 18:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sanding tonight. Evil or Very Mad

3England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Thu Oct 05 2017, 19:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm watching Scotland.England v Slovenia Flag-of-scotland

4England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Thu Oct 05 2017, 20:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like Slovakia are desperate! Very Happy

5England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Thu Oct 05 2017, 20:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm watching it, and its bloody dire

6England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Thu Oct 05 2017, 21:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Looks like Slovakia are desperate! Very Happy
Slovenia even! Very Happy

7England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Thu Oct 05 2017, 21:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well it's still 0-0. 

Glad I spent the evening sanding instead now. Very Happy

8England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Thu Oct 05 2017, 21:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good winning goal, but hardly deserved.

9England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Thu Oct 05 2017, 22:04

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What a stinker bloody awful

10England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Thu Oct 05 2017, 22:07

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That reminded me why I rarely bother watching football these days. Absolute rubbish.

11England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Fri Oct 06 2017, 13:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad i watched the Ambulance programme on BBC2 instead, much more interesting

12England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Fri Oct 06 2017, 13:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was utter shite, not much different than watching Bolton (ok, without the opposition bagging a few goals).

Southgate is managing in exactly the same way as Roy Hodgson. Ultra cautious. The opposition came to defend but Southgate still felt he needed two defensive midfielders.

Our only asset is pace. We're never going to win a competition but we might shock a few along the way if we actually run at teams.

13England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Fri Oct 06 2017, 13:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Southgate is managing in exactly the same way as Roy Hodgson. Ultra cautious. The opposition came to defend but Southgate still felt he needed two defensive midfielders.
Perhaps because of the defensive set up we were desperately short of a creative player at 10 to pick some killer passes and mix things up in front of goal. Sterling just can't do that job when Alli is out - he hasn't the skill, touch or vision.
In Alli's absence I'd have played Sturridge up with Kane, not because he's a natural 10 but because he does such random shit it would have given the attack the different dimension they obviously needed. Maybe even Wilshere could have been given another shot?
With pace and decent finishing we will always be a danger but I'm more worried about the defence who will get murdered by the better teams, especially when the FBs are playing so high up the pitch, usually both at the same time.
We are not very solid at the back which is why I think progressing from the group stage would be a success for this young team.

14England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Fri Oct 06 2017, 15:00

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Does anybody over the age of 30 seriously still get even remotely excited by watching England?

The story's been the same all through my lifetime (Italia 90 apart):

Cruise through qualification with a squad which is heralded as "The Best In Years!", arrive at tournament finals in a blaze of patriotic hyperbole, scab a draw against someone who, theoretically at least, we should hammer comfortably, stumble along for a bit and then go out tamely, having lost 0-1 to someone like Iceland or (on the now rare occasions where we get out of the group stages) The Germans / Italians / Spanish on pens.

It's shite....

15England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Fri Oct 06 2017, 15:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we just don't have the depth of players now do we? People will point out that all the younger age bracket teams have been successful this year but the reality is that 90% of them will never play at the top level in this country or abroad. They will drift down the leagues and in some cases leave professional football, all because the Premiership will always favour foreign players even at youth level

The likes of United and City scour the world for players and local kids don't get a look in (apart from the odd exception like Rashford).

16England v Slovenia Empty Re: England v Slovenia Fri Oct 06 2017, 17:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still support England and get about as much joy as I do following BWFC. However until the Premier League caps the number of foreign players we're unlikely to get anywhere. Hardly any of the current team get regular first team footie which is why there is the emerging trend of our brightest youth prospects seeking clubs abroad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum