Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Quick poll

Quick poll

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Have you changed your position on Brexit?

5% 5% [ 1 ]
38% 38% [ 8 ]
57% 57% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

61 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 19:01

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I recently bought her a potting shed for her birthday and she's made up with it, actually.

So there.....happy as Larry.

62 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 19:12

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:I recently bought her a potting shed for her birthday and she's made up with it, actually.

So there.....happy as Larry.
I'm quite surprised as it's like buying her a toaster or vacuum for Christmas.

I would have wanted something more personal like a pair of earrings for example!

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Oct 14 2017, 19:17; edited 1 time in total

63 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 19:16

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
A vaccine?

I bet Christmas morning's a riot in your gaff.

64 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 19:16

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Try again.

One C in vacuum.

65 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 19:18

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It was obviously my auto dictionary on my phone. Very Happy

66 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 19:25

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:I recently bought her a potting shed for her birthday and she's made up with it, actually.

How many hours a day do you let her out of it?

67 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 19:54

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I can't get her out of the bloody thing.

She's in there all day.

She spends more time in there with her cucumbers than she does with me.

Still, it keeps her happy, I suppose...

68 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 20:12

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Keeping her out of the house might be a bonus.
Cucumbers, as mentioned above, contain an ingredient called cucurbitacin. This element can trigger indigestion in certain people, especially if they have a sensitive digestive system. Indigestion triggers bloating and flatulence, which your body tries to eliminate in the form of burps and farts. If you form gas in your stomach by eating onions, cabbage, and/or broccoli, then it is advisable to restrict the consumption of cucumbers as well.

69 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 20:28

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I.....erm.....yeah.....er......cheers.

70 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 20:43

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You'd do well to listen.
The vegetable world is a dangerous place.
I could tell you things about carrots that would make your hair stand on end.

71 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 20:47

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
boltonbonce wrote:The vegetable world is a dangerous place.

That caravan that Scott & Boggers share?

72 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 20:50

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:The vegetable world is a dangerous place.

That caravan that Scott & Boggers share?

Yes indeed.

73 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 20:56

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
lol!

74 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 20:59

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's no joke,

Police say a 56-year-old man was fatally injured by a turnip,and that there have been nearly two dozen other instances of assault  by fruits and vegetables.
A police spokesman  said there had been a number of incidents in east London in which fruits and vegetables had attacked speeding vehicles. In April, he said, a jogger was hit by a cabbage.

They're clearly out of control.

75 Re: Quick poll on Sat Oct 14 2017, 21:38

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Laughing

76 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 11:57

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Bread2.0 wrote:Why...?

I made a massive mistake marrying my first wife because despite initially seeming fine, she turned out to be a bit of a mental bastard.

Should I just've accepted that my life was effectively over at 25 and done fuck all about it?
Surely, the point of this post is that you made a mistake, and got out. 

Thats exactly the same as the majority of voters did in the referendum.

77 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 12:46

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
gloswhite wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:Why...?

I made a massive mistake marrying my first wife because despite initially seeming fine, she turned out to be a bit of a mental bastard.

Should I just've accepted that my life was effectively over at 25 and done fuck all about it?
Surely, the point of this post is that you made a mistake, and got out. 

Thats exactly the same as the majority of voters did in the referendum.
So presumably you agree that now the majority of voters don't want Brexit we should be given the chance to ditch it? 
After all, we get a second chance to reverse every other bad democratic decision so why not this one?

78 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 13:03

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:So presumably you agree that now the majority of voters don't want Brexit we should be given the chance to ditch it? 
After all, we get a second chance to reverse every other bad democratic decision so why not this one?

So what would happen if there was a second referendum and the result was the same....would you demand a third?

79 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 13:19

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:So presumably you agree that now the majority of voters don't want Brexit we should be given the chance to ditch it? 

So what would happen if there was a second referendum and the result was the same....would you demand a third?
Me or Glos? This is just a natural extension of Glos's logic i.e. everyone has a chance to correct mistakes. As for me, I'd probably go for a different referendum where the question actually made sense e.g. if the negotiators fail to secure a deal that delivers acceptable changes in immigration, improved trade deals, low/no payments to the EU and all the other stuff the Leave campaign suggested we were going to get at the time of the referendum, then our MPs should be instructed to have a vote of no confidence in Brexit and drop it.
That is the only way to ensure that Brexit voters get what they were promised and Remain voters don't get ripped off by a bunch of lies.

Unfortunately, the way things stand neither Leave nor Remain voters are likely to get what they want so it only makes sense to vote on the reality of the deal rather the the media-driven concept we voted on last time.

80 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 15:31

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Me or Glos? This is just a natural extension of Glos's logic i.e. everyone has a chance to correct mistakes. As for me, I'd probably go for a different referendum where the question actually made sense e.g. if the negotiators fail to secure a deal that delivers acceptable changes in immigration, improved trade deals, low/no payments to the EU and all the other stuff the Leave campaign suggested we were going to get at the time of the referendum, then our MPs should be instructed to have a vote of no confidence in Brexit and drop it.
That is the only way to ensure that Brexit voters get what they were promised and Remain voters don't get ripped off by a bunch of lies.

Unfortunately, the way things stand neither Leave nor Remain voters are likely to get what they want so it only makes sense to vote on the reality of the deal rather the the media-driven concept we voted on last time.
Its not what I was pointing out. I was stating that if you make a  decision, stand by the outcome, whatever it is, and stop trying to change it. How do you actually know the majority want to remain? As I tried to say before, because of the way things are going, many Brexit supporters are keeping quiet, but it doesn't mean that they have disappeared, or changed their minds.
Also, can you not see how much damage is being done to the possible outcome, by trying to change something that will not, and can not, be changed, especially after article 50 was passed by Parliament, and agreed to with the EU ? It weakens our position, and hands the prerogative to the EU. I actually feel that those still complaining are more likely to cause damage to the country than any of those who either voted for, or have accepted, the result.

81 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 15:58

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Whoa.....hang on.

You're not pinning this mess on me.

It was an overly simplistic vote, carried on the back of a pack of lies funded by, amongst others, Vladimir Putin to destabilise the UK and all the evidence suggests that it will be a disaster.

Sorry, Glos....you broke it, you own it.

82 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 16:14

Cajunboy

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Just chill Breaders.

When it is all finally sorted out, you will  already be sat in the sun in Spain sipping a glass of sangria.

I just hope you can get that potting shed through customs.

Any problems give Boris a bell.

83 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 16:16

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Breaders, why do you think you're speaking for all the people who voted remain? There are now so many variations of view, and especially reasons for it, that it would take a lifetime to write them down.
Anyway, I don't think the process is broken, just not running as well as it should. Even if it is broken, complaining about it won't get it fixed. We could all fix it if we put our mind to it.

84 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 16:17

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I have to be careful in case my lodgings in Spain disappear  Very Happy

85 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 16:27

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I don't presume to speak on behalf of every remain voter but....

Every single one I've spoken to is pretty much tearing their hair out over all this.

"Stop being obstructive and get behind the Govt" isn't a persuasive argument.

Nobody knows what the final deal (if we even get one, that is) will look like but all indicators are that it won't do us any favours.

The pound's tanked (as predicted), more and more international businesses are citing the uncertainty over all this as a reason not to invest in the UK (as predicted), the negotiations are going nowhere (as predicted), the economy's stalling (as predicted) and we're being led off a fucking cliff by a bunch of politicians who are more interested in shafting each other than they are about doing what's best for the country. As fucking predicted....

Why the fuck should I (or anybody else) be excited about that?

86 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 16:36

Angry Dad

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
What are Bald people doing?

87 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 16:42

Cajunboy

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Angry Dad wrote:What are Bald people doing?
Probably playing with their pubic hair I assume.

88 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 17:00

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
There aren't any baldy remainers.

We've all got great hair.

89 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 17:31

Cajunboy

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

90 Re: Quick poll on Sun Oct 15 2017, 17:38

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Its not what I was pointing out. I was stating that if you make a  decision, stand by the outcome, whatever it is, and stop trying to change it. How do you actually know the majority want to remain? As I tried to say before, because of the way things are going, many Brexit supporters are keeping quiet, but it doesn't mean that they have disappeared, or changed their minds.
Also, can you not see how much damage is being done to the possible outcome, by trying to change something that will not, and can not, be changed, especially after article 50 was passed by Parliament, and agreed to with the EU ? It weakens our position, and hands the prerogative to the EU. I actually feel that those still complaining are more likely to cause damage to the country than any of those who either voted for, or have accepted, the result.
So why have the British people been given the opportunity to reverse every other democratic decision in our entire history?
It's our democratic right to kick out shit Governments that we have previously voted in so democracy accepts that the electorate makes mistakes and provides us with the means to correct them.
But not this undemocratic Brexit bullshit apparently - not because of the law but because some people are saying "just accept the decision" as if the referendum were a decision on what the nation should or should not accept when clearly nobody knows what that is we are accepting.

Should we just accept for example no changes in immigration, paying the EU £100 million, no trade deals, massive tariffs on British exports and a significant decline in everyone's standard of living?
Are you really advocating we should accept being shafted by the EU and the world in general if that's the way it pans out? Are you secretly French mon ami?

Clearly if the majority of people still want Brexit as some folk on here claim despite current polls showing the contrary there's nothing to fear from a vote on what outcomes the nation should accept.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum