Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » BWFC 1-1 QPR

BWFC 1-1 QPR

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 12:55

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've got this down as a home win but it won't be easy as there's going to be enormous pressure on the team to build on Saturday's result. We desperately need this one, not just for the points but to maintain confidence and momentum - and mid-table QPR are exactly the kind of team we need to be beating if we are to have any chance of survival.
QPR aren't a bad team but have been much stronger at home than away so there's some hope there. But our lads really do need to put on a show if we're going to give Fulham and Sunderland anything to worry about when we go away for the last two games of the month. I'm banking on/praying for another 2-1 home win.

2 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 13:28

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
King Ken has targeted the play offs, amazingly. I’ll just settle for a win on Saturday, which I think we’ll achieve comfortably. 3-0

3 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It'll be the usual BWFC anti-climax, probably lose by the odd goal.

4 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 13:51

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Natasha Whittam wrote:It'll be the usual BWFC anti-climax, probably lose by the odd goal.
i bet you're a right barrel of laughs on a night out aren't you? 
Where's your optimism? We are going to win 2-0 i feel it in me wather

5 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 16:06

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Depends on the fitness of Ameobi and Vela. They both looked like they took knocks on Saturday but they both offered a threat going forward ( Ameobi particularly until he got clattered).
If they're both fit and playing I think we'll go on to win.
If not it might be back to losing.

6 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 16:07

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Boggersbelief wrote:King Ken has targeted the play offs, amazingly. I’ll just settle for a win on Saturday, which I think we’ll achieve comfortably. 3-0

If that's the case then he's a half wit

7 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 16:10

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
rammywhite wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:King Ken has targeted the play offs, amazingly. 

If that's the case then he's a half wit
I bet that's what he's saying to his creditors...

8 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 16:35

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can't see Ameobi being fit.

9 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 19:03

3-1 win. Vela to score first and then a madine brace

10 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 20:45

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
At least we have some positive posts that in itself is an improvement, so if it's the same team then Looking at QPR form it's nothing special no wins in 6. and away form three draws and three losses. We could rack up another win.

11 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 21:21

Fabians Right Peg

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
y2johnny wrote:3-1 win. Vela to score first and then a madine brace

He couldn't get a brace from an Orthodontist.

12 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 21:28

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can see us getting a point from this game.

13 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 16 2017, 21:44

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
karlypants wrote:I can see us getting a point from this game.
If Madine's work rate continues high, and his bloody boot can push the ball gently into the net (not the side netting), then it is possible to pick up three points again. He should be practicing slowly putting the ball into the net... is that too much to ask?

14 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 17 2017, 11:56

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
1-1 I reckon.

15 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 17 2017, 12:12

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
QPR fans seem to think the result depends on who Holloway picks. If he goes with Washington or Mackie they reckon he's going for a draw. If he picks Sylla and Wheeler he's going for the win apparently. Either way, they aren't contemplating losing.
Fair enough as the bookies agree, but I really hope we'll stuff them.

16 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Fri Oct 20 2017, 19:00

Cajunboy

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
50 mph winds expected through match.

STORM BRIAN.

17 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Fri Oct 20 2017, 19:08

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I reckon we could win this.

Or draw.

Or lose.

One of them, anyway.

18 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Fri Oct 20 2017, 22:01

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Cajunboy wrote:50 mph winds expected through match.

You're sitting next to Bonce then?

19 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 07:52

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:50 mph winds expected through match.

You're sitting next to Bonce then?
No comment. Razz

20 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 08:53

Jack Russell

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
2 - 1 win Very Happy

21 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 10:46

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Queens Park Rangers

Wanderers take on Queens Park Rangers this weekend, fresh from claiming their first league win of the season in their last outing. With morale high at Macron Stadium, bwfc.co.uk highlights five talking points ahead of the Whites' Sky Bet Championship clash with the R's.

1. Off the mark!

After managing to clinch their first league victory of the season last time out at home to Sheffield Wednesday, Wanderers will be looking to build on that result when they host Queens Park Rangers this Saturday.

Focused on climbing the Sky Bet Championship table as quickly as positive, the Whites will be hungry to make home advantage count once again as they look to claim back-to-back wins.

Bolton fans have had to wait a while to see their side win two league games in row in the second tier, with it last happening over the festive period in 2014.

Having got one monkey off their back, will the Trotters be able to remove a second as they face a side who have not won on the road themselves since February?

Tickets are available for the game online, with fans able to buy in advance and print at home to avoid queues at Macron Stadium.

2. Karl Henry

Having enjoyed an impressive start to his Whites career, Karl Henry will line up against his former employers when Queens Park Rangers come to town on Saturday.

The midfielder joined Bolton on a free transfer last month, having been released by The R's at the end of last season.

Making 118 appearances and scoring two goals in his four seasons at Loftus Road, the 34-year-old will be looking to get the better of his former club at Macron Stadium.

And with his arrival at BL6 coinciding with an upturn in the Trotters' form, could Henry help Wanderers claim their second win in the space of a week?

3. GAME Community Challenge Cup

Young fans will be given the chance to win prizes as part of GAME’s Community Challenge at Macron Stadium this Saturday.

Set to be held in the North Stand Upper’s play station, youngsters willing to get involved in a FIFA 18 Skills Challenge will pit their wits against each other for the chance to win a medal, a loyalty card reward and a Bolton Wanderers themed prize.

The Community Cup is open to any age level or skill level and gives all gamers taking part the chance to be our Community hero, your 'Local Hero' and win the Cup for Wanderers!

Free to play and open to all young fans, the winner will be announced at half-time during the game against Queens Park Rangers.

4. Injury news

After missing out against Sheffield Wednesday due to a family bereavement Jem Karacan is back in contention for Saturday’s tie against QPR.

Elsewhere, Aaron Wilbraham comes back into the equation after recovering from his hip injury, while Chris Taylor still remains unavailable due to a knee ligament issue.

Derik Osede will also be hoping to feature for the first time since his injury against Middlesbrough on 9 September.

5. Ameobi and Vela

Sammy Ameobi made his second home debut in the 2-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday last Saturday and was crowned Man of the Match for his scintillating performance. The winger capped off his return with a wonderful curling effort in the tenth minute of the game.

Ameobi terrorised the Wednesday defence and his departure for Craig Noone was met with a standing ovation from staff and fans alike.

Josh Vela made return to the side following his injury lay-off against Leeds United on the opening day of the season. The midfielder provided energy and creativity in the final third allowing Darren Pratley and Karl Henry to sweep up in midfield.

Vela showed his determination and warrior-like mentality as he battled through the pain barrier to finish the game after taking an injection at half-time.

The duo’s return to Macron Stadium gave everyone involved a lift – more of the same Saturday please, gents.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 10:46

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Press Conference:

23 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 11:19

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If Karacan(t) gets anywhere near the pitch I will walk out.

24 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 14:20

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:If Karacan(t) gets anywhere near the pitch I will walk out.
You'll be fine - he's not even on the bench.

Alnwick
Little Beevers Wheater Taylor
Pratley Henry
Vela
Ameobi Madine Armstrong

Subs
Howard
ALF
Nobody
Robinson
Cullen
Morais
Burke

25 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 14:21

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Looking at QPRs starting 11 today they look bobbins, fully expecting 3 points.

26 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 14:24

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
QPR are playing a fairly attacking team:

Smithies
Baptiste
Lynch
Bidwell
Wszolek
Luongo
Scowen
Freeman
Manning 
Mackie
Sylla

27 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 14:41

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live & kicking here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

28 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 14:47

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
KP - thats a link to the team sheet

Radio here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

29 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 14:48

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
BoltonTillIDie wrote:KP - thats a link to the team sheet

Radio here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Whoops! I was going to post the team sheet until I saw Wander's post. Very Happy

30 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 15:12

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’m saying 3-0

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum