Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » BWFC 1-1 QPR

BWFC 1-1 QPR

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 15:34

scottjames30

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
3 or 4 nil we’ll win, then push for promotion.

32 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 16:55

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Poor result against one of the worst teams in the division but worse still a poor performance with Parky setting up way too deep and conceding the bulk of possession.

Only 35% possession and 2 shots on target at home says it all.

33 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 16:55

finlaymcdanger

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Big Dogs way off the mark this week

34 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 17:00

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Report: Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Queens Park Rangers

Wanderers were denied all three points late on in their latest Sky Bet Championship clash as they were forced to settle for a share of the spoils against Queens Park Rangers on Saturday afternoon.

The deadlock was broken halfway through the first period, with the skipper Darren Pratley nodding home from a matter of yards out following a Bolton corner.

The visitors had a leveller with 11 minutes to go however as Idrissa Sylla somehow flicked the ball home at the near post, with the scoreline remaining as such come full time.

TEAM NEWS

Wanderers named an unchanged matchday 18 from the side who defeated Sheffield Wednesday last time out, with Karl Henry lining up against his former employers.

FIRST HALF

With the rain falling steadily at Macron Stadium, the game got underway and Bolton enjoyed the first sight of goal when winning a free-kick five yards outside the box, but Adam Armstrong’s effort and Henry’s subsequent follow-up failed to trouble Alex Smithies.

And the former enjoyed an opportunity with just three minutes gone, with his 30-yard half-volley flying just wide of the upright.

It was a bright start from the Whites, and although the R’s did venture forward briefly in the eighth minute, their pressure came to nothing much.

Thereafter however, the visitors did see a little more of the ball, but Alnwick remained virtually untroubled.

With 17 minutes gone though, the Bolton keeper was to be the saviour as he somehow kept out Luke Freeman’s effort from close range following a scramble in the six yard box.

It appeared to be just the boost needed for QPR, but on the counter-attack Wanderers almost snatched the lead following some beautiful link-up play between Gary Madine and Armstrong, with the latter’s shot taking a deflection out for a corner kick.

And it was from that set-piece that the Whites broke the deadlock, with Pratley heading home from close range following a Madine knock-down into the six yard box.

A deserved goal for the Whites, it was one which appeared to give them a much-needed tonic as they proceeded to control proceedings for the most part thereafter, although not so much in terms of goalmouth action.

And as the clock ran down to half time though, Wanderers were visibly keen to add to their tally and were pushing forward despite the testing weather conditions.

But try as they might, they couldn’t find the net before the break as they went in leading courtesy of Pratley’s header.

SECOND HALF

With no changes for either side at the break, the game got back underway with the rain and wind still playing their part from the off.

And although the Whites started the brighter of the two sides in front of a 14,242 crowd, the visitors were soon seeing possession in the final third as they looked for a route back into the clash, with substitute Conor Washington seeing a deft header from eight yards calmly collected.

On the attack themselves meanwhile, Bolton saw an angled Josh Vela drive parried away by Smithies with the majority of those inside BL6 already on their feet.

The visitors then proceeded to enjoy a period of pressure as the rain thundered down, with that spell resulting in a Jamie Mackie effort flying high and wide from all of 30 yards.

Washington also found himself in a promising position at the far post when connecting with a down-field pass, but his touch let him down and the shot cannoned out for a goal-kick.

It was a full-blooded affair as the game entered its final 20 minutes, with Idrissa Sylla forcing Alnwick into a smart save down at his near post following an R’s free-kick into the mix.

QPR were pushing and knocking on the door, but Wanderers were standing firm in their numbers, with Massimo Luongo calling for a penalty kick with 14 minutes to go to no avail.

And with 11 minutes to go, they had their leveller with Sylla beating Alnwick at his near post.

Despite the set-back, Wanderers set about trying to find a winning goal inside the closing stages and threw Adam Le Fondre into the mix with six minutes remaining.

It was end to end as the clock ran down, and with three additional minute indicated, Bolton threw everything forward.

But despite their efforts, the spoils were shared come full time.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

35 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 17:49

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
This was the most satisfying match I've been at all season, performance and result.

Not saying much obviously, but there's a clear bit of improvement there it has to be said.

Nothing to do with tactics or effort or anything like that I think it's just all about the personnel.

Having Vela back is massive, same with Ameobi, Karl Henry looks good, even Mark Little has made a big difference.

A few weeks ago I thought we had a 1% chance of staying up, but now it's more like 10% if we can keep everybody fit.

36 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 18:02

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It was fooking shite.

Clearly last week was a fluke because this week we were back to letting the opposition take the initiative and control the ball for long periods. We created fuck all, and most of our team played like massive tits.

Ameobi should have been off after half an hour, the useless haircut. He's had his good game this season and was back to his default setting of "shite". On the other side of the pitch Armstrong did his usual party trick: fuck all. The subs, namely Morais and Noone, were a fucking embarrassment.

Yes, the conditions were appalling in the second half, and I have no doubt Parky will pass the buck and blame the crap performance on the weather, but that was fucking terrible.

I'm not changing my mind, Parky should be sacked.

37 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 18:06

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I agree with Nat, and once/if new owners come in he'll be gone, as has been said Anderson cannot afford to sack him, any other club in any league would have sacked him weeks ago, one lucky win won't change my mind about how inept he is

38 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 18:26

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Cant  argue with previous posters to many players just didn't perform, we sat back and paid the price.

You could feel the goal coming at that point i hoped Parky would disrupt play and make a sub but he did now't and they scored. Conditions today especially from 75 minutes didn't suit wingers you couldn't run with the ball, so i would have gone for a clean sheet and loaded midfield.

39 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 18:45

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wessy wrote:Cant  argue with previous posters to many players just didn't perform, we sat back and paid the price.

You could feel the goal coming at that point i hoped Parky would disrupt play and make a sub but he did now't and they scored. Conditions today especially from 75 minutes didn't suit wingers you couldn't run with the ball, so i would have gone for a clean sheet and loaded midfield.
Any good manager would have done exactly the same, but we all know this clown is anything but a good manager.

40 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 18:53

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
doffcocker wrote:This was the most satisfying match I've been at all season, performance and result.

Not saying much obviously, but there's a clear bit of improvement there it has to be said.

Nothing to do with tactics or effort or anything like that I think it's just all about the personnel.

Having Vela back is massive, same with Ameobi, Karl Henry looks good, even Mark Little has made a big difference.

A few weeks ago I thought we had a 1% chance of staying up, but now it's more like 10% if we can keep everybody fit.

Doffy- I must have been at a different match to you as I thought that our performance was dire. Tedious uninspiring football.
And if anyone tells me that Madine was immense then I'll suggest that they go for some counselling

41 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 19:46

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
rammywhite wrote:
doffcocker wrote:This was the most satisfying match I've been at all season, performance and result.

Not saying much obviously, but there's a clear bit of improvement there it has to be said.

Nothing to do with tactics or effort or anything like that I think it's just all about the personnel.

Having Vela back is massive, same with Ameobi, Karl Henry looks good, even Mark Little has made a big difference.

A few weeks ago I thought we had a 1% chance of staying up, but now it's more like 10% if we can keep everybody fit.

Doffy- I must have been at a different match to you as I thought that our performance was dire. Tedious uninspiring football.
And if anyone tells me that Madine was immense then I'll suggest that they go for some counselling

Just to be clear, I'm not saying we played well.

It's just that it's the first match I've been to at the Macron this season that we haven't lost. And most if not all the other performances were abominable, whereas I thought this one was just a bit shit.

1-1 was a very fair result in my opinion. It's not inconceivable that on another day we'd have won it 1-0 and everyone's take on the performance would have been completely different.

42 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 20:16

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
For me it was back to the norm, last week we got lucky, 35% possession at home is clearly not good enough, Parkinsons win ratio in this league is less than abysmal something like 10 wins in 72 games over 3 clubs, says it all really.

43 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 20:25

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
The biggest stat however is how far from safety are we ? we started 6 points adrift we finish 5 adrift so progress but a chance to make it 3 was lost.

44 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 20:30

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
We paid the price for trying to defend a 1-0 lead, which everyone knows we can't do. We did nothing in the 2nd half other than sit back and invite pressure which paid off for QPR in the end.

We should have pressed for a second goal but Parky is far too negative.

45 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 20:40

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:We paid the price for trying to defend a 1-0 lead, which everyone knows we can't do. We did nothing in the 2nd half other than sit back and invite pressure which paid off for QPR in the end.

We should have pressed for a second goal but Parky is far too negative.
I agree. I could feel a goal coming,and it duly did.

I'm not going to get too down,because,at the end of the season it might turn out to be a vital point.

However,on what I've seen so far, we're going to struggle to make a fist of surviving.

46 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 20:54

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:
I'm not going to get too down,because,at the end of the season it might turn out to be a vital point.
I agree, it's not just a point but we are actually starting to score goals now! Very Happy

47 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sat Oct 21 2017, 22:31

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
I'm not going to get too down,because,at the end of the season it might turn out to be a vital point.
I agree, it's not just a point but we are actually starting to score goals now! Very Happy
Yeah 3 goals in 10 games some going that, Parky in

48 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 00:38

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
MartinBWFC wrote:Parkinsons win ratio in this league is less than abysmal something like 10 wins in 72 games over 3 clubs, says it all really.

I think it says very little.

For a start win ratios really are pointless. Theoretically you could actually avoid relegation with a 0% win ratio.

But also, if you sent the best manager in the world to a club without a pot to piss in, and you sent some shit-for-brains to a Middlesbrough type club with £50m or so to spend, you'd generally expect the latter's win ratio to be a lot higher.

We are a club that hasn't actually bought a player for about four seasons. I know everybody is pissed off but I really don't understand where people think we might be now without Parky.

49 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 08:47

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:I know everybody is pissed off but I really don't understand where people think we might be now without Parky.

We'd be mid-table.

You didn't see last week, but we pressed from the first minute against Sheffield Wednesday and never gave them a minute on the ball.

Yesterday we were back to defending deep and handing the initiative to the opposition. Those are tactics determined by the manager.

Parky just seems to let games drift, there's no effort to change things other than sending on the predictable subs every week. As everyone has stated on this thread - it was clear as day that the equaliser was coming but Parky refused to change things before it was too late.

50 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 11:26

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I know everybody is pissed off but I really don't understand where people think we might be now without Parky.

We'd be mid-table.

You didn't see last week, but we pressed from the first minute against Sheffield Wednesday and never gave them a minute on the ball.

Yesterday we were back to defending deep and handing the initiative to the opposition. Those are tactics determined by the manager.
I think this is the key point about Parky's tactics. Whilst this happens we always run the risk of conceding and have little chance of scoring ourselves.
In comparison, Huddersfield v Manure were the diametric opposite chasing everything down, pressing high, giving them no time on the ball and forcing errors - which is how they carved out a win against a very expensive team.
As I've said before I'd love to see the Prozone stats for our lot because if they are actually putting in the workrate/miles then it would be even more obvious that the tactics are wrong.

51 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 11:35

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
MartinBWFC wrote:
karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
I'm not going to get too down,because,at the end of the season it might turn out to be a vital point.
I agree, it's not just a point but we are actually starting to score goals now! Very Happy
Yeah 3 goals in 10 games some going that, Parky in
Read it again Martin. :biggrin:

52 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 11:42

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I accept that with our defence you sometimes have to defend deep against teams with genuine pace. QPR are not one of those teams. It's just simply bad management.

53 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 12:18

scottjames30

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Y
MartinBWFC wrote:
wessy wrote:Cant  argue with previous posters to many players just didn't perform, we sat back and paid the price.

You could feel the goal coming at that point i hoped Parky would disrupt play and make a sub but he did now't and they scored. Conditions today especially from 75 minutes didn't suit wingers you couldn't run with the ball, so i would have gone for a clean sheet and loaded midfield.
Any good manager would have done exactly the same, but we all know this clown is anything but a good manager.
Like you could do any better  Laughing

54 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 12:29

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I know everybody is pissed off but I really don't understand where people think we might be now without Parky.

We'd be mid-table.

You didn't see last week, but we pressed from the first minute against Sheffield Wednesday and never gave them a minute on the ball.

Yesterday we were back to defending deep and handing the initiative to the opposition. Those are tactics determined by the manager.

Parky just seems to let games drift, there's no effort to change things other than sending on the predictable subs every week. As everyone has stated on this thread - it was clear as day that the equaliser was coming but Parky refused to change things before it was too late.

Absolute bollocks from a woman with a tiny pair of bollocks.

The thing is, it's easy for people to come out after conceding a second half equaliser and say "oh we just sat back". I don't actually remember one instance yesterday where one of our players had a chance to put pressure on a QPR player but didn't. I don't remember once QPR having the ball and the crowd shouting "push out" as you would expect in that situation.

Out of interest Whittam, how do you think this panned out at half time in the dressing room? Against Wednesday did Parky say "good stuff this lads, just keep pressing, ye?", then yesterday he said "I know it worked last week boys, but this week we're gonna sit back, alright? I've just got a feeling."

For the record, I've never been a big advocate of Parkinson's tactics, but I do think whatever he'd have done yesterday, QPR were always gonna create chances against our lot.

55 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 14:13

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:
Absolute bollocks from a woman with a tiny pair of bollocks.

The thing is, it's easy for people to come out after conceding a second half equaliser and say "oh we just sat back". I don't actually remember one instance yesterday where one of our players had a chance to put pressure on a QPR player but didn't. I don't remember once QPR having the ball and the crowd shouting "push out" as you would expect in that situation.

Out of interest Whittam, how do you think this panned out at half time in the dressing room? Against Wednesday did Parky say "good stuff this lads, just keep pressing, ye?", then yesterday he said "I know it worked last week boys, but this week we're gonna sit back, alright? I've just got a feeling."

For the record, I've never been a big advocate of Parkinson's tactics, but I do think whatever he'd have done yesterday, QPR were always gonna create chances against our lot.

Were you at the game? QPR created one chance in 90 minutes and scored from it. They had a lot of the ball but rarely got behind us because we were defending so deep.

At one point Ameobi was playing as a right back we were so deep. Hence why he gave absolutely nothing in attack.

If you don't have midfielders who can bomb up and down to support the attack (we don't), you can't defend so deep. Last week we defended higher up the pitch and therefore created a shitload of chances because we had midfielders 10 yards away from Madine rather than 50 yards like yesterday.

You've just been schooled on tactics. Hopefully Parky will take note too.

56 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 14:19

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I think fitness played a part, the conditions were worsening by the minute in fact from 75 minutes players struggled to run with the ball, we used two subs who rely on running with the ball, Morais & Noone.

 We failed to find a player when trying to clear our lines, Trevor Sinclair ex QPR was on the radio and said that Holloway runs is players into the ground in training and as such they are the most fit team in the league, so based on that he was not surprised to see QPR grow in strength especially in those conditions. Just maybe that's the reason we started to sit back.

I would bet that if we trolled back the same arguments where used against our other managers, things like we play too deep, we don't leave a striker up from corners, The manager is tactically inept ( always make me laugh that one) every manager will have been labelled in this way. 

We just need to try to get something from every game and just maybe we will have a chance. But to change a manager who was unable to spend a single penny seems  harsh at this stage.

57 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 14:23

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Were you at the game? QPR created one chance in 90 minutes and scored from it. They had a lot of the ball but rarely got behind us because we were defending so deep.

This line alone shows you don't know your head from your arse.

If QPR created one chance in 90 minutes, I'd say there's not a lot wrong with Parky's tactics at all. Wouldn't you?

But please continue to school me on tactics, I love learning new bullshit.

58 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 14:32

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:
If QPR created one chance in 90 minutes, I'd say there's not a lot wrong with Parky's tactics at all. Wouldn't you?


We weren't playing Aston Villa, we were playing against QPR - surely one of the teams who will be down the bottom with us.

1-1 home draws are fine against Villa, Boro, Cardiff etc. We need to beat QPR, Burton, Birmingham & co at home to stand any chance of staying up.

We have to attack and press teams at home - defending deep got us a point against one of our rivals. Big deal.

We won't stay up being defensive.

59 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 14:48

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I'm with Nat. Its bad enough when players lose confidence, and the play goes to rat shit, but to play defensively, deliberately, at home, is bad for morale, and will in no way help us to survive.

60 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 16:06

Cajunboy

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Is it true that The Amoeba was playing so deep that he was selling meat pies in the crowd  for part of the game?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum