Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » BWFC 1-1 QPR

BWFC 1-1 QPR

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

61 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 16:20

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Cajunboy wrote:Is it true that The Amoeba was playing so deep that he was selling meat pies in the crowd  for part of the game?

He was playing so far back, that he needed a passport to get out of the EU and back into the UK.



Last edited by observer on Sun Oct 22 2017, 19:59; edited 1 time in total

62 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 19:02

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
observer wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Is it true that The Amoeba was playing so deep that he was selling meat pies in the crowd  for part of the game?

He was playing so far back, that he needed a passport to get back out of the EU and back into the UK.
Careful, you'll have Breaders, XMiles, and Wander blaming Brexit for his play !  Very Happy

63 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 20:31

finlaymcdanger

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
If QPR created one chance in 90 minutes, I'd say there's not a lot wrong with Parky's tactics at all. Wouldn't you?


We weren't playing Aston Villa, we were playing against QPR - surely one of the teams who will be down the bottom with us.

1-1 home draws are fine against Villa, Boro, Cardiff etc. We need to beat QPR, Burton, Birmingham & co at home to stand any chance of staying up.

We have to attack and press teams at home - defending deep got us a point against one of our rivals. Big deal.

We won't stay up being defensive.

Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points. Ultimately that plan failed but its a game of fucking football between two shite teams who could barely muster a shot on goal for 90 minutes. You have to give up on the Match of the Day science at this end of the game and just accept that any old shit can happen... FFS did you see Manchester United's Lindelof defending Huddersfield's second goal yesterday? We have a terrible squad (understandably after the past 3 years) with a bang average manager who is doing his damndest to progress his career in the best way he knows. You're a complete dreamer if you think we were about to start turning teams over because of one result against a team who are in rapid decline. We won't stay up being defensive? We won't stay up any way we play you fuckwit! The squad is not good enough.

64 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 20:37

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
If QPR created one chance in 90 minutes, I'd say there's not a lot wrong with Parky's tactics at all. Wouldn't you?


We weren't playing Aston Villa, we were playing against QPR - surely one of the teams who will be down the bottom with us.

1-1 home draws are fine against Villa, Boro, Cardiff etc. We need to beat QPR, Burton, Birmingham & co at home to stand any chance of staying up.

We have to attack and press teams at home - defending deep got us a point against one of our rivals. Big deal.

We won't stay up being defensive.

Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points. Ultimately that plan failed but its a game of fucking football between two shite teams who could barely muster a shot on goal for 90 minutes. You have to give up on the Match of the Day science at this end of the game and just accept that any old shit can happen... FFS did you see Manchester United's Lindelof defending Huddersfield's second goal yesterday? We have a terrible squad (understandably after the past 3 years) with a bang average manager who is doing his damndest to progress his career in the best way he knows. You're a complete dreamer if you think we were about to start turning teams over because of one result against a team who are in rapid decline. We won't stay up being defensive? We won't stay up any way we play you fuckwit! The squad is not good enough.
The squad is more than capable of competing in this league, the manager and tactics are not.

65 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 20:44

finlaymcdanger

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
MartinBWFC wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
If QPR created one chance in 90 minutes, I'd say there's not a lot wrong with Parky's tactics at all. Wouldn't you?


We weren't playing Aston Villa, we were playing against QPR - surely one of the teams who will be down the bottom with us.

1-1 home draws are fine against Villa, Boro, Cardiff etc. We need to beat QPR, Burton, Birmingham & co at home to stand any chance of staying up.

We have to attack and press teams at home - defending deep got us a point against one of our rivals. Big deal.

We won't stay up being defensive.

Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points. Ultimately that plan failed but its a game of fucking football between two shite teams who could barely muster a shot on goal for 90 minutes. You have to give up on the Match of the Day science at this end of the game and just accept that any old shit can happen... FFS did you see Manchester United's Lindelof defending Huddersfield's second goal yesterday? We have a terrible squad (understandably after the past 3 years) with a bang average manager who is doing his damndest to progress his career in the best way he knows. You're a complete dreamer if you think we were about to start turning teams over because of one result against a team who are in rapid decline. We won't stay up being defensive? We won't stay up any way we play you fuckwit! The squad is not good enough.
The squad is more than capable of competing in this league, the manager and tactics are not.

A mightily convincing argument, Martin. You make a good point.

66 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Sun Oct 22 2017, 21:16

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

67 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 23 2017, 10:51

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
If QPR created one chance in 90 minutes, I'd say there's not a lot wrong with Parky's tactics at all. Wouldn't you?


We weren't playing Aston Villa, we were playing against QPR - surely one of the teams who will be down the bottom with us.

1-1 home draws are fine against Villa, Boro, Cardiff etc. We need to beat QPR, Burton, Birmingham & co at home to stand any chance of staying up.

We have to attack and press teams at home - defending deep got us a point against one of our rivals. Big deal.

We won't stay up being defensive.

Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points.
The equaliser was inevitable though.
Who amongst us didn't mutter "surprise, surprise" when Sylla got it?

68 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 23 2017, 12:58

finlaymcdanger

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
wanderlust wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
If QPR created one chance in 90 minutes, I'd say there's not a lot wrong with Parky's tactics at all. Wouldn't you?


We weren't playing Aston Villa, we were playing against QPR - surely one of the teams who will be down the bottom with us.

1-1 home draws are fine against Villa, Boro, Cardiff etc. We need to beat QPR, Burton, Birmingham & co at home to stand any chance of staying up.

We have to attack and press teams at home - defending deep got us a point against one of our rivals. Big deal.

We won't stay up being defensive.

Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points.
The equaliser was inevitable though.
Who amongst us didn't mutter "surprise, surprise" when Sylla got it?

Not quite my reaction when they scored but I get you. 

I wasn't at the game so my opinion all conjecture but limiting our opponents to one chance is huge progress IMO.

Agree that defending a one goal lead for 45 minutes is far from ideal, especially with the record we have this season, but the more the game progressed without QPR having a shot at goal the more it must have made sense to Parky.

Vela and Ameobi were never going to follow up the Wednesday performance so soon and I think he opted for a more pragmatic approach based on our season so far.

69 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 23 2017, 13:41

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
finlaymcdanger wrote:Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points. Ultimately that plan failed but its a game of fucking football between two shite teams who could barely muster a shot on goal for 90 minutes. You have to give up on the Match of the Day science at this end of the game and just accept that any old shit can happen... FFS did you see Manchester United's Lindelof defending Huddersfield's second goal yesterday? We have a terrible squad (understandably after the past 3 years) with a bang average manager who is doing his damndest to progress his career in the best way he knows. You're a complete dreamer if you think we were about to start turning teams over because of one result against a team who are in rapid decline. We won't stay up being defensive? We won't stay up any way we play you fuckwit! The squad is not good enough.

finlaymcdanger wrote:I wasn't at the game

I think your second point trumps your first you absolute bellend.

This team proved against Sheffield Wednesday they could press and create chances. They didn't press against QPR, dropped too deep, and therefore created fuck all.

But, of course, you know better.

finlaymcdanger wrote:I wasn't at the game

70 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 23 2017, 14:57

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points. Ultimately that plan failed but its a game of fucking football between two shite teams who could barely muster a shot on goal for 90 minutes. You have to give up on the Match of the Day science at this end of the game and just accept that any old shit can happen... FFS did you see Manchester United's Lindelof defending Huddersfield's second goal yesterday? We have a terrible squad (understandably after the past 3 years) with a bang average manager who is doing his damndest to progress his career in the best way he knows. You're a complete dreamer if you think we were about to start turning teams over because of one result against a team who are in rapid decline. We won't stay up being defensive? We won't stay up any way we play you fuckwit! The squad is not good enough.

finlaymcdanger wrote:I wasn't at the game

I think your second point trumps your first you absolute bellend.

This team proved against Sheffield Wednesday they could press and create chances. They didn't press against QPR, dropped too deep, and therefore created fuck all.

But, of course, you know better.

finlaymcdanger wrote:I wasn't at the game
A point well made.

71 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 23 2017, 15:03

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Those poor HT dancing girls deserve a medal.

72 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 23 2017, 15:35

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
finlaymcdanger wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
If QPR created one chance in 90 minutes, I'd say there's not a lot wrong with Parky's tactics at all. Wouldn't you?


We weren't playing Aston Villa, we were playing against QPR - surely one of the teams who will be down the bottom with us.

1-1 home draws are fine against Villa, Boro, Cardiff etc. We need to beat QPR, Burton, Birmingham & co at home to stand any chance of staying up.

We have to attack and press teams at home - defending deep got us a point against one of our rivals. Big deal.

We won't stay up being defensive.

Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points.
The equaliser was inevitable though.
Who amongst us didn't mutter "surprise, surprise" when Sylla scored?

Not quite my reaction when they scored but I get you. 
TBF the Cilla joke wasn't that funny.

73 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 23 2017, 19:22

finlaymcdanger

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points. Ultimately that plan failed but its a game of fucking football between two shite teams who could barely muster a shot on goal for 90 minutes. You have to give up on the Match of the Day science at this end of the game and just accept that any old shit can happen... FFS did you see Manchester United's Lindelof defending Huddersfield's second goal yesterday? We have a terrible squad (understandably after the past 3 years) with a bang average manager who is doing his damndest to progress his career in the best way he knows. You're a complete dreamer if you think we were about to start turning teams over because of one result against a team who are in rapid decline. We won't stay up being defensive? We won't stay up any way we play you fuckwit! The squad is not good enough.

finlaymcdanger wrote:I wasn't at the game

I think your second point trumps your first you absolute bellend.

This team proved against Sheffield Wednesday they could press and create chances. They didn't press against QPR, dropped too deep, and therefore created fuck all.

But, of course, you know better.

finlaymcdanger wrote:I wasn't at the game

So you can't offer your thoughts on here unless you attended the game or just agree with you. Is that how it is?

74 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 23 2017, 20:22

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Take no notice of the fat bitch Finlay.

You don't have to have been at the game to know that more or less every player in the squad is either some youngster who's nowhere near breaking into their parent clubs' side, or a freebie who nobody else in the division is poor enough to even consider taking a chance on.

But yes, this squad is well capable, it's just Parky holding us back. Trouble is, he could be left with Moss Bank Under 13s to pick from and Whittam would still find a bone to pick with him.

75 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 23 2017, 20:47

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:Take no notice of the fat bitch Finlay.

You don't have to have been at the game to know that more or less every player in the squad is either some youngster who's nowhere near breaking into their parent clubs' side, or a freebie who nobody else in the division is poor enough to even consider taking a chance on.

But yes, this squad is well capable, it's just Parky holding us back. Trouble is, he could be left with Moss Bank Under 13s to pick from and Whittam would still find a bone to pick with him.

If you'd been at the Sheffield Wednesday game last week you'd have seen a team more than capable of doing enough to finish 4th from bottom. By pressing and playing higher up the pitch.

It makes no sense to change tactics a week later.

76 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 23 2017, 20:48

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
finlaymcdanger wrote:So you can't offer your thoughts on here unless you attended the game or just agree with you. Is that how it is?

I watched Ipswich v Norwich on TV yesterday. That doesn't make me an expert on either team.

77 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Mon Oct 23 2017, 22:11

finlaymcdanger

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:So you can't offer your thoughts on here unless you attended the game or just agree with you. Is that how it is?

I watched Ipswich v Norwich on TV yesterday. That doesn't make me an expert on either team.

No. It doesn't. A washed-up internet forum has-been you're excelling at though.  :clap:

78 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 11:16

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
i was at the game and i can tell you i spent all 2nd half shouting to push up and not be so deep but we just got deeper and deeper and invited pressure. 35/65 split for the opposition is a familiar statistic for us, it shows we can't pass for toffee and launch it long all day which inevitably ends up coming straight back into our half.

We need to be pressing teams when and if we get a lead, if they aren't fit enough to do that for 90 minutes thats down to the coaching and fitness staff.

79 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 11:34

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:i was at the game and i can tell you i spent all 2nd half shouting to push up and not be so deep but we just got deeper and deeper 

And you wonder why you were getting funny looks

80 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 11:39

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:i was at the game and i can tell you i spent all 2nd half shouting to push up and not be so deep but we just got deeper and deeper 

And you wonder why you were getting funny looks
Laughing

81 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 11:43

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:i was at the game and i can tell you i spent all 2nd half shouting to push up and not be so deep but we just got deeper and deeper 

And you wonder why you were getting funny looks
Yeah who in their right mind expects a Parkinson team to follow Mr pigs instructions.?

82 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 15:44

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Perhaps they should follow my advice, i am an expert after all  Very Happy

83 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 16:21

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Take no notice of the fat bitch Finlay.

You don't have to have been at the game to know that more or less every player in the squad is either some youngster who's nowhere near breaking into their parent clubs' side, or a freebie who nobody else in the division is poor enough to even consider taking a chance on.

But yes, this squad is well capable, it's just Parky holding us back. Trouble is, he could be left with Moss Bank Under 13s to pick from and Whittam would still find a bone to pick with him.

If you'd been at the Sheffield Wednesday game last week you'd have seen a team more than capable of doing enough to finish 4th from bottom. By pressing and playing higher up the pitch.

It makes no sense to change tactics a week later.

That you claim to have been at the Sheffield match and witnessed us playing higher up the pitch and pressing more proves nothing, but it definitely doesn't prove that Parkinson made a point of swapping one proven effective strategy for another.

And this brings me back to my earlier question. Do you honestly think Parky sat them down at half time and told them to go about the second half completely differently to how they did against Wednesday? Or are you just choosing to believe that because you want to believe that he's a silly twat?

Either way, you know you'll always have a stick to beat him with. If he changes a winning formula and we lose, he's stupid for changing it, and if he sticks with it and we lose, he's an idiot for not having a Plan B.

84 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 17:04

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:Either way, you know you'll always have a stick to beat him with. If he changes a winning formula and we lose, he's stupid for changing it, and if he sticks with it and we lose, he's an idiot for not having a Plan B.


So, just to confirm, you're saying Parky instructed them to press high up the pitch but the players decided to do the opposite?

And at half-time he asked them again, but they refused?

And then with 20 minutes to go he decided to do fuck all about the deep defending because he knew the players would ignore him?

Isn't it just a lot simpler - Parky thinks defending deep is the way to get results?

85 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 19:15

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
sorry Doffy you are talking out of your arse on this one, Nat is right, Parky knows no other way than defending deep and it's costing us every week.

He may have got away with it last season but the standard in the Championship is miles higher and we are getting punished for sitting too deep. Every game we have 30-35% possession even at home. Parky knows no other way than hoofing it,hoping for a goal and then trying to sit on it and as proven this season it does not work.

86 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 19:36

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I am seriously bothered about people defending Parkinson, it's blatantly plain to see that if KA had the cash he would have gone weeks ago, as is being shown in all leagues, managers live and die by results, there have been managers performing much better than Parkinson has and got the sack, he has been a proven failiure in this league, and unless a takeover is in the offing I can see Anderson sticking by him just to give us another chance in league one, and if a takeover is in the offing then it's the new owners cash that pays him off, either way Anderson doesn't need to dip his hand in his pocket.

87 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 19:52

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Isn't it just a lot simpler - Parky thinks defending deep is the way to get results?

Seemingly not.

Because at first you were implying that against Wednesday the strategy was to defend high and pile on the pressure, and that against QPR it was quite the opposite.

You can't have it both ways (you stupid cow), you can't slate the guy for being stuck in his (negative, defensive) ways, and slate him for reverting from one strategy to another.

88 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 19:58

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I always love your posts DC! Very Happy

89 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 19:59

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Doffy, I get you don't ever agree with Nat, and I get you see things differently to most other fans regarding Parkinson, but one performance ( Sheff Wed ) will not convince the droves that he has turned a corner, everything went right against Wednesday but if they hadn't been so wasteful we would have 3 less points on board, simply put he is a fish out of water outside the bottom 2 leagues, and that will be forever his level.

90 Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR on Tue Oct 24 2017, 20:12

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
MartinBWFC wrote:Doffy, I get you don't ever agree with Nat, and I get you see things differently to most other fans regarding Parkinson, but one performance ( Sheff Wed ) will not convince the droves that he has turned a corner, everything went right against Wednesday but if they hadn't been so wasteful we would have 3 less points on board, simply put he is a fish out of water outside the bottom 2 leagues, and that will be forever his level.
I wasn't even convinced by the  Wednesday game. We put in a hugely improved performance,but, at the end of the day,we got lucky.
We won't survive on luck.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum